Ference Suspended 3 games - Twitter

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i am a fan of this play by ference. the oilers have been to soft and this is a step in the right direction. get the fans used to having a d man suspended for a few games cause i can guarantee Nurse has a few of those in his career.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So who do we call up?

EDM D Andrew Ference has been suspended 3 games for an illegal check to the head of VAN F Zack Kassian. Video: http://s.nhl.com/DK8Zx @NHLPlayerSafety 4m

Hunt's still probably the best option.

Marincin-Fayne
Klefbom-Petry
ugh. Hunt-Schultz.

God I miss Nikitin - which is pathetic in and of itself.

I don't think its a coincidence we were actually winning with Marincin, Fayne, Petry, Ference, Nikitin, and Schultz.

If I remember right we're 1-5 with Hunt, 3-1-1 without.

I still think we call up one of Pakarinen, Pitlick, or Lander too.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Guys I realize that Kassian is one of our least favorite players in the NHL and he has been a ****** to many of our players and he didn't answer the bell when Gazdic came calling. That said it is against board rules to wish injury upon players so this is an open warning to cut that out.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Oh well. Just by the way the live commentary was selling it as terrible hit you could tell Ference was going to get games. Not sure who it was, but one announcer was just going on and on about how it had to be worse than the Burrows hit for sure. And then Canucks fans parrot that stuff wherever they go.

In today's NHL that is definitely a suspendable hit. I don't mind at all that Ference is taking a seat for three games - like I said in another thread, watching Kassians head bounce across the ice was one of the highlights of the season for me so far. What will piss me off is if Ference comes back and goes straight back to playing crap hockey and rarely delivering that kind of hit. If he even brought that component to the team, I'd be a lot less hard on him for his deficiencies in other areas.

He's probably going to have to man up against Kassian before the season is over too. We all know that Kassian is going to be looking for it.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I'll never forget that night, when Andrew Ference almost changed the face of professional hockey, by taking out one of the biggest and brightest stars of the NHL, Zack Kassian.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Guys I realize that Kassian is one of our least favorite players in the NHL and he has been a ****** to many of our players and he didn't answer the bell when Gazdic came calling. That said it is against board rules to wish injury upon players so this is an open warning to cut that out.
But just to confirm, it is OK to say that you weren't utterly gutted by the hit, since its an event that already took place and we aren't wishing ill on anyone, right?

One Canuck fan posted up on the main board that the Oilers have turned Edmonton into Lord of the Flies - based on our lack of compassion for poor Mr Kassian. I honestly haven't seen any Oiler fan post that they wish extra, added harm to Kassian over and above the egg scrambler Ference laid on him last night.

I also think its funny that seventy percent of this board hated Gagner and many posted that "getting rid of Gagner is addition by subtraction". Strange then that so many Oiler fans aren't lining up to thank Kassian - once again, albeit this time as the "victim", Kassian has helped the Oilers fans out by giving a whipping boy a seat.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Worth every freaking Penny. No back down, Gotta stick up for your team. I like this, and I'm no Ference fan at all. Yakupov rarely ever gets crunched anymore, could it be because he's got his elbows up? I remember a game earlier on in the season when he was bracing for a hit and almost took off the other guys head.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012

Personally I'm not wishing injury upon him, just saying that if an injury were to happen to him... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Why the **** is acton still here. If they play him on the wing it's bs.

Call up pinner we need a little team toughness. Hell call up anyone.

Roster management is costing this team big time. For the first time I'm really starting to get pissed with MacT. Hunt was his guy from his coaching days and the decision to keep him around has cost dearly.

Same can be said for Nurse who wasn't ready and then gets thrown to the wolves in LA.

I'll venture a guess that the will acton decision is more an eakins decision but this favoritism is really pissing me off and it's costing us in the standing.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Kassian plays a rough dirty style of game. Eventually someone was going to give him a taste of his own medicine. Not that it affected him any. He still had the same clueless look on his face after the hit that he always does. Dude could probably get hit in the head with a 100MPH slapper and not flinch.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Kassian plays a rough dirty style of game. Eventually someone was going to give him a taste of his own medicine. Not that it affected him any. He still had the same clueless look on his face after the hit that he always does. Dude could probably get hit in the head with a 100MPH slapper and not flinch.

Ulanov. I miss him.

Ulanov once had to be forced off the ice by officials at Madison Square Garden after taking a slapper in the mouth because he wanted to wait until the end of the period for repairs—he ended up needing 30 stitches. Uli was wicked tough. When I asked him what the hell he was thinking, he seemed offended.

“What?†he scowled. “It’s blood on my face. My leg is not broken.†My guess is Joni and Igor would’ve had issues.
http://onlyoil.blogspot.ca/2008/03/chris-pronger-aka-double-standard.html

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
so we call up the leader in - for the barons eh? Seems about par for the oilers. Aulie is horrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad