Ference/Stempniak fight

theranfordflop

Jul 2, 2003
Vancouver
I'm not a huge fan of what Ference did, but I can understand it. The frustration of losing all the time, and not really having any kind of team battle level has probably been gnawing at him for a long time.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
You responded to a leaf fan with this.

Stop playing mr innocent.

The guy from Vancouver is a Leafs fan? How was I suppose to know that? And how is insulting Kessel, if that's what you thought I did, an insult to the Leafs or their fans?

Kessel ran from Scott, it's fact, and all my point was Stempniak could have done the same thing. But running from Ference is different than running from Scott. I don't know makes sense to me and you seem to agree by repeatedly saying the two guys aren't the same.

However Kessel was dirty for his slashes. Which again has nothing to do with Leafs or their fans.

I probably should have known to bring up an example (even if it was the most recent) that included a Leaf player though, that was probably asking for trouble simply because it always has to turn into Leafs against the world when no one even brought up the Leafs...

Last edited:

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
looks like it sparked the team because they came back to win, i guess thats why the C is on his chest. if it was wrong to beat on someone that didnt want to fight then no one would have to answer for anything in this game. people need to realize that in the heat of the moment players dont judge if it was clean or not, they just react.

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
If you only knew what you were talking about

So tell me how good the Oilers are. Considering they have an Emery like hothead as a C who can't take a clean hit (from Stempniak of all people).

Go ahead, I am waiting to hear how good they are. Teach me please since I don't know what I'm talking about.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

So tell me how good the Oilers are. Considering they have an Emery like hothead as a C who can't take a clean hit (from Stempniak of all people).

Go ahead, I am waiting to hear how good they are. Teach me please since I don't know what I'm talking about.

Explain how Ference is a hot head.

Polo*

The guy from Vancouver is a Leafs fan? How was I suppose to know that? And how is insulting Kessel, if that's what you thought I did, an insult to the Leafs or their fans?

Kessel ran from Scott, it's fact, and all my point was Stempniak could have done the same thing. But running from Ference is different than running from Scott. I don't know makes sense to me and you seem to agree by repeatedly saying the two guys aren't the same.

However Kessel was dirty for his slashes. Which again has nothing to do with Leafs or their fans.

I probably should have known to bring up an example (even if it was the most recent) that included a Leaf player though, that was probably asking for trouble simply because it always has to turn into Leafs against the world when no one even brought up the Leafs...

Its alright man, Its just how you wrote it. It came across very 'needlish'. I thought at first you were trying to be a smart alek but I get it now and understand you didnt mean it that way. I honestly wouldnt even care it just seemd every flippin thread I go into there is fanbases needling each other for no reason..kinda gets annoying I guess

Mr Hands

Feb 9, 2008
Ference should go to prison for fighting an innocent human being. oh wait a second, its f'*cking hockey.

These athletes are getting paid millions to play a sport. I think Stempniak can handle a couple less teeth and a bloody nose for dishing out a hit. plus, its not like its the first time theres been a fight after a clean hit. its the new NHL.

Everyone who is calling for Ference's head is either:

1. not a true hockey fan because fighting has always been a part of hockey (watch 80's and 90's fights in comparison to this)

2. dislikes Ference

3. dislikes the Oilers.

jesus....it was a hockey fight. there are countless incidents of headshots/boarding that are way worse than this.

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
Ference should go to prison for fighting an innocent human being. oh wait a second, its f'*cking hockey.

These athletes are getting paid millions to play a sport. I think Stempniak can handle a couple less teeth and a bloody nose for dishing out a hit. plus, its not like its the first time theres been a fight after a clean hit. its the new NHL.

Everyone who is calling for Ference's head is either:

1. not a true hockey fan because fighting has always been a part of hockey (watch 80's and 90's fights in comparison to this)

2. dislikes Ference

3. dislikes the Oilers.

jesus....it was a hockey fight. there are countless incidents of headshots/boarding that are way worse than this.

1. I am a true hockey fan and have no problem with a majority of the fights.

2. Couldn't care less about Ference.

3. Couldn't care less about the Oilers.

Now, go generalize somewhere else please. Thanks :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad