News Article: Ference gives up C - RNH, Hall, Eberle and Ference named A's

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I have first hand experience with this, and he's a complete ******. I saw Hall and we made eye contact, so I figured he was cool. All I wanted was an autograph, I had my pen ready and handed it to him, he looked at me, chucked it across the bathroom and told me to get out of his stall. I'm never going to Sicilian Pasta Kitchen again.

Best post ever. Sea Bass lol

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
After last night's Andrew Ference crapshow it's clear what the Oilers should do. Engrave his name into the #8 defence slot from now on. Also, each month until they buy him out next summer they should remove another letter from his jersey: the 'C' this month (already done), the 'A' next month, the 'O' the month after that, then the 'i', etc...

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
After last night's Andrew Ference crapshow it's clear what the Oilers should do. Engrave his name into the #8 defence slot from now on. Also, each month until they buy him out next summer they should remove another letter from his jersey: the 'C' this month (already done), the 'A' next month, the 'O' the month after that, then the 'i', etc...

Yeah. It's pretty much a given that he is done as an NHLer. I really hope LTIR could come up. There must be some sort of physical reason that at least party explains why he can't play at this level at all anymore.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ference should only be in when injuries hit. There was no reason to sit Reinhart yesterday IMO unless someone asked us to showcase Ference (Nashville probably did :sarcasm: )

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Ference should only be in when injuries hit. There was no reason to sit Reinhart yesterday IMO unless someone asked us to showcase Ference (Nashville probably did :sarcasm: )

Is their any reason we could float him on waivers .... and pray someone bites?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Nope. This is why I was pushing a for trade for Bickell ... at least in that situation maybe he'd be willing to waive his NMC to go play for the defending Cup champs. The way it is now, we basically have no choice but to buy him out at year end, which is going to sadly impact our cap the following next two seasons.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

As others have said he has a NMC. Because of this IMO he sits and just practices with the team until/unless a rash of injuries hit. Keep him busy off ice, we know that he's a fitness lover so he won't just get out of shape while he's not playing. He should not play more than 15 games this season IMO.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nope. This is why I was pushing a for trade for Bickell ... at least in that situation maybe he'd be willing to waive his NMC to go play for the defending Cup champs. The way it is now, we basically have no choice but to buy him out at year end, which is going to sadly impact our cap the following next two seasons.

Yeah, but you're convinced Bickell isn't anything but a bigger less offensive Ryan Jones, who ridiculously expensive for his not skill set.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah, but you're convinced Bickell isn't anything but a bigger less offensive Ryan Jones, who ridiculously expensive for his not skill set.

The good news is that we will have a lot of free cap when Purcell, Nikitin and Scrivens are off the books. If we have to eat a little cap from Ference which will still expire before McDavid's extension comes into effect then it's not that big of a deal.

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer

The net cap hit of Bickell is only $750,000 after you subtract Ference going the other way.

I can't see him being as bad as Ference, and he does fit a need on this team - big body with some hands who can crash the net.

Bring him in and play him with McD. He might be super motivated, and play real well.

We know what Ference brings at this point, and it's not much.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
As others have said he has a NMC. Because of this IMO he sits and just practices with the team until/unless a rash of injuries hit. Keep him busy off ice, we know that he's a fitness lover so he won't just get out of shape while he's not playing. He should not play more than 15 games this season IMO.

What kind of idiot GM gives a regressing player a NMC? Oh ..:sarcasm:

Bangers

May 31, 2006

Buying Ference out after this seadon isn't that hard on the cap. It's 2 seasons, but the cap penalty isn't that high.

My guess is he either retires or is bought out next summer.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Buying Ference out after this seadon isn't that hard on the cap. It's 2 seasons, but the cap penalty isn't that high.

My guess is he either retires or is bought out next summer.
Does anybody retire with term left on a contract anymore? Unless they have a serious injury maybe but not guys who just suck.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Does anybody retire with term left on a contract anymore? Unless they have a serious injury maybe but not guys who just suck.

Give him a hockey stick and watch him humiliate himself on the ice, in front of 1000s of people. If he still doesn't get it, send him into the press-box and put a label on it "Please don't feed animals".

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Give him a hockey stick and watch him humiliate himself on the ice, in front of 1000s of people. If he still doesn't get it, send him into the press-box and put a label on it "Please don't feed animals".

give him a promotion....it is our way.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

He might retire if the contract had one season at league minimum on it, but to do so now would cost him millions.

Imo he will be unofficially retired and we'll just eat the cap hit for another season. It's really not so bad at all. In McDavid's ELC we can't commit huge dollars to long term deals anyway.

Ideally of course we could get that space back, but oh well. Lots of teams have one or two bad contracts. At least it isn't Amac in Philly. They are wasting Giroux's best years and that deal will keep them bad.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Bickell is garbage is worse than Ference.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Cant we tell him to retire this year and well give him a cushy office job for life?

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter

It's no wonder they didn't want the C on him. What a joke that would be. Like putting lipstick on a pig. The A seems overly generous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad