News Article: Ference gives up C - RNH, Hall, Eberle and Ference named A's

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Report them and I will delete them and possible warn or give an infraction. Those posts are again the rules.

I have first hand experience with this, and he's a complete ******. I saw Hall and we made eye contact, so I figured he was cool. All I wanted was an autograph, I had my pen ready and handed it to him, he looked at me, chucked it across the bathroom and told me to get out of his stall. I'm never going to Sicilian Pasta Kitchen again.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I have first hand experience with this, and he's a complete ******. I saw Hall and we made eye contact, so I figured he was cool. All I wanted was an autograph, I had my pen ready and handed it to him, he looked at me, chucked it across the bathroom and told me to get out of his stall. I'm never going to Sicilian Pasta Kitchen again.

:laugh: Outstanding

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

:laugh:

Funny, but we can't allow too many of these over the top obviously false reports either. Please don't try to one up this post folks.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

With the amount of allegations I've read about Hall off ice, I actually thought you were serious. Doh. :laugh:

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton

Funny, but we can't allow too many of these over the top obviously false reports either. Please don't try to one up this post folks.

sorry couldn't resist. But yeah I don't want to drive him out of town either. I know those Arnott rumors were insane at the time. Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Well, as someone who has worked first hand with a few different Oilers on hospital visits, I can say that Taylor Hall has conducted himself with the utmost professionalism and is actually quite personable.

Oct 15, 2008
Seguin was partying in Boston and was late twice, once in Boston and once in Dallas but nothing is said. Hall get bashed no matter what and I'm getting fed up with all the baseless rumors that hasn't been proved to be true.

BTW, Eakins was an idiot.

Who hired Eakins?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Great stuff.
Perfect response to all the posters with nothing better to do than give life to baseless rumors.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Jeez, what a dick. That was really crappy of him. :sarcasm:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
<mod edit>

Honestly, I hate the nucks a lot less this year because no kesler, no bieksa, burrows sucks now, and I actually like bo horvat and jake Virtanen. In the same breath they have Derek dorsett and Brandon Prust lol

The Canucks lost one of my favourite players in the league, Luongo, and one of my most hated, Kesler. They balance out IMO.

oilz89*

^^^It doesn't indicate that they're saving it for McDavid, it indicates that they don't know who they want yet.

If they were to just give it to McDavid right now today, then yeah I think Hall probably wouldn't appreciate that. They won't do that though because our management and coaching staff is no longer insane.

They should wait till mcD because trust me the guy is one heck of a leader. Just ask the Erie Otters

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Eakins had 8 AM practices? What a dumb ass.

Players get out of the arena on game nights at like 10:30-11 PM, the adrenalin is super-high, so most probably cannot get to sleep until like 1-2 AM, then you have to wake up at 6-6:30 AM to make it back to the rink.

Just unnecessary and stupid.

I find it hard to go to sleep after a late beer league game, let alone a pro NHL game.

Anyways as for the captaincy, it's obvious it's being held in trust for McDavid until he gains more experience.

McDeathbyCheerios*

They should wait till mcD because trust me the guy is one heck of a leader. Just ask the Erie Otters
Lander is hell of a leader to, ask every team he has played for other then the Oilers.

This year will show who steps up and earns the captaincy. I feel like this will be a team decision.

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011

Have you been watching ConMan??:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton

Players get out of the arena on game nights at like 10:30-11 PM, the adrenalin is super-high, so most probably cannot get to sleep until like 1-2 AM, then you have to wake up at 6-6:30 AM to make it back to the rink.

I find it hard to go to sleep after a late beer league game, let alone a pro NHL game.

Anyways as for the captaincy, it's obvious it's being held in trust for McDavid until he gains more experience.

The Eakins era in a nutshell.

McDeathbyCheerios*

8am practices had nothing to do with drinking. You need 8 hours minimum between the game and practice so what, players get maybe 5-6? No wonder they always came out of the gate looking slow and tired, cause they were.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
8am practices had nothing to do with drinking. You need 8 hours minimum between the game and practice so what, players get maybe 5-6? No wonder they always came out of the gate looking slow and tired, cause they were.

I remember reading actually one time that a doctor actually told Michael Jordan (basketball, different sport but same concept) that it was OK to down a beer or two after a game because the adrenalin that athletes have going after a game is very difficult to just shut off quickly. I don't have a problem with guys unwinding after the game with a beer.

8 AM practice is ridiculously stupid, I know there's always "average joe" who's thinks "dur hur, I wake up at 6:30 AM!" ... yeah but you're not performing like pro athlete every evening buddy.

If some of the players were off the record complaining about it ... good. Your coach is a ****ing idiot, you should complain about it.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

That's why players have power naps after practices. Practices end around noon and games don't start until the evening. 8 am practices are not permanent. I'd imagine it was to send a message to the team.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

A post for the ages. Well done. Slow clap. :handclap:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

B-b-but character issues!

All jokes aside, I think McDavid is going to be an AMAZING captain for this team in the future. He's really the perfect guy for the role.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
That's why players have power naps after practices. Practices end around noon and games don't start until the evening. 8 am practices are not permanent. I'd imagine it was to send a message to the team.

An Eakins defender?

You're as rare as a pink porpoise.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
So everyone here does understand that it doesn't matter what anybody apart from the 23 guys that play together in an Oilers uniform thinks about who should or shouldn't get a letter, right?

Team leaders are in the room. What anyone of us think regardless of the conjecture or speculation is absolutely useless.

Players decide who they are going to follow. Period. If Hall had such a horribly immature personality, does anyone in their right mind think he would be considered a team leader?

What do you mean "doesn't matter"? We are the fans. We have a God given right to pick the captain for this team. Who cares what the players of the Oilers think. Who are they anyways? They are a bunch of over paid Millionaires as far as I can see.

Give your head a shake. :shakehead

:sarcasm:

Gambl0r83*

No Captain, a bunch of assistants

Todd mentioned time and time again that he still doesn't know the team and vice versa. He's foreshadowing that he doesn't know the group well enough to proclaim a leader at this point

Yup, said it :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad