98.5 The Sports Hub Felger: I think Jim Montgomery is on the hot seat

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Everyone knows that it’s their job to make discussion interesting and exaggerate things right? Hell they admit it and often joke about how they have used felgers wife hairstylist talk as grounds for a rumor.

They’ve been on air for so long and people still get thrown off by what they say lol. It’s a talk show, if they didn’t say borderline far fetched things and everyone just agreed and patted each other on the back then there would be no show.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Who made the decision to fire a coach who is playing in the 2nd rd in order to bring in a coach who people are now saying is chiefly responsible for losing in the 1st?

Sweeney did a great job assembling talent for 1 more run. But if he picked the wrong coach, why isn't that on him? He went out on a limb to pick a guy with some serious questions. People are now saying that guy cracked in the playoffs. Sweeney takes some of that blame.
I get your point; I slightly agree except that if Monty had been a sub par regular season coach, I would agree more but Monty proved to be an outstanding regular season coach who, using the same players, set NHL records. So, the coach did prove himself able to lead the team to victories, but he just failed to do so when it counted. Can you really blame Sweeney and Neely for that? They literally gave us the coach who has the NHL record for season result and will probably win coach of the year. The problem with life is that no one has a crystal ball and though life is best understood looking backwards it must be lived going forwards. Look, I have made my displeasure of Sweeney well known. But, IMO, neither he nor the GM can be blamed for Monty’s failure. We now live in a society where no one wants to take the blame. To his credit, Monty fell on his sword and admitted he didn’t get it done. I respect him for saying that.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Everyone knows that it’s their job to make discussion interesting and exaggerate things right? Hell they admit it and often joke about how they have used felgers wife hairstylist talk as grounds for a rumor.

They’ve been on air for so long and people still get thrown off by what they say lol. It’s a talk show, if they didn’t say borderline far fetched things and everyone just agreed and patted each other on the back then there would be no show.

Sports talk radio is just a bunch of hearsay and bullshit, sure. But what did Felger say that was inaccurate? He pointed out a clear pattern of behavior in the front office for the Bruins.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Sports talk radio is just a bunch of hearsay and bullshit, sure. But what did Felger say that was inaccurate? He pointed out a clear pattern of behavior in the front office for the Bruins.

Well he said Jim montgomery is on the hot seat. Also regardless of how you feel about the GM he’s not going anywhere either as management come out glowingly of Sweeney’s efforts this year.

So it doesn’t matter how much we want certain guys fired, or whether or not Sweeney and Montgomery should on the hot seat. Simply because they current are not. They aren’t getting fired this year or next so the conversation is useless.

Which pretty much is their show. A bunch of useless hypothetical topics that don’t have much merit.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Well he said Jim montgomery is on the hot seat. Also regardless of how you feel about the GM he’s not going anywhere either as management come out glowingly of Sweeney’s efforts this year.

So it doesn’t matter how much we want certain guys fired, or whether or not Sweeney and Montgomery should on the hot seat. Simply because they current are not. They aren’t getting fired this year or next so the conversation is useless.

Which pretty much is their show. A bunch of useless hypothetical topics that don’t have much merit.

No they don't. Best record in the NHL's history should buy more than a first round playoff exit. This season was a failure. No matter what spin you want to put on it. And Montgomery, Sweeney, and the lummox upstairs that used to be Cam Neely are largely responsible for that. Jacobs will not be happy with another first round exit with the amount of money he's paying and when he asks tweedle dee and tweedle dum who's responsible and they go "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....", guess who's getting the ol' heave ho off the side of the USS TD Garden? . If they don't bounce back and don't respond with firings on some level to appease the angry mob that will assemble around the Garden in response, then this team's ownership has lost the plot and is going to plunge into the abyss like Detroit did. If you can't see that on the horizon, I don't know what to tell you.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Nah. They will keep him. The Cassidy removal from what I have read was partially top players saying he was constraining.
The collapse this year was fatigue, inexperience and overall shitty performance by some players (in this system of play) and terrible decisions about goalies.

Management confuses me throughout the years with...here's orange juice and champagne, go make me a bourbon on the rocks....

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad