New York Islanders: Feb 28th game against leafs Moved to the Coliseum!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This makes it tough to sit Tavares now. I felt for sure he wouldnt play in April depending upon the playoff seeding for Toronto that day. I can’t see any way they don’t play him with that much season left

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
It's this aspect of the change in venue that I question. The game was already scheduled. I know the logistics of this switch for the teams are inconsequential. But I always assumed that once the game is on the schedule it would be final.
Yeah agreed. But let’s face it - isles fans in Brooklyn are a minority. They’re probably making a lot of their own fan base happier by moving this. My only knock with nvmc is getting there. It’s a fun building for hockey and should be a great atmosphere that night.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I was planning to go to Florida that week. I guess I'll switch my vacation to the second week of March.

Reactions: sabremike

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Where is Bert Marshall Days? He would love this ****.

In a related note -- is it possible to reach the Coliseum ice from the upper level throwing a D battery? Asking for a friend.

That was the exact joke I texted my friend fifteen minutes ago.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
I think it makes the ISLES look bad, that the two best players in the last 30 years,Lafontaine, TAVARES, two of the most respected people around the NHL, are either banned from the teams history because of the control freak ex owner, or simply hated by fans because he only spent 60% of his career here, instead of 75%. The fANS would of been begging the team to buy him out the last few years of his contract anyway. So at most you are looking at 4 years of no Tavares that you would of even wanted him.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Nothing's gonna happen.

JT will get booed whenever he touches the puck, there will probably be a (small) tribute where JT will smile and wave as most of the crowd boos and some cheer. I expect some Leaf fans there and maybe a couple of young drunk idiots will fight in the stands. Other than that, it will be a regular Islander game in late February (i.e. meaningless lol).

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I don't post on their board. I rarely post on the main board. Just interested in what the other half is thinking.
Fair enough

I just cringe at all the leaf fans who tweet pictures of JT on the isles twitter page, or post on our board. Would hate to see islander fans doing the same. It is important we don’t let the trolls rattle us

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I don't post on their board. I rarely post on the main board. Just interested in what the other half is thinking.

This is bigger news to you, than it is to them.

Not sure why you'd expect Leaf fans to care about this.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Idk man, Lou is old school

I expect a tribute

True, but I think he also understands the pulse of the fanbase. And considering the comments made in September...

“So, an aftermath? There’s no such thing in my mind. What the players we have here should be thinking about is not making the playoffs last year, and that’s what the goal should be." - Lou

“We move on. We’re not looking back, we’re looking forward.” - Trotz

Cue the recorder!

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
From time to time I wonder about what the NHL allows. Surprised the NHL signed off on this.

Time to check out the Maple Leafs board.:sarcasm:
Exactly- I'm going to make some popcorn and tune in!!

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
True, but I think he also understands the pulse of the fanbase. And considering the comments made in September...

“So, an aftermath? There’s no such thing in my mind. What the players we have here should be thinking about is not making the playoffs last year, and that’s what the goal should be." - Lou

“We move on. We’re not looking back, we’re looking forward.” - Trotz

Cue the recorder!
Not doing anything would be a huge snub. I don't expect anything grand but they have to acknowledge it. Maybe just a picture on the scoreboard of JT scoring the winning OT goal against FLA with a "Thanks for the memories" caption.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
If the Islanders were smart they would make this NY Islander Pajama top night. All fans in attendance will receive a NY Islander Pajama top.

Reactions: sabremike

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Really lame and bush league, Isles had the upper hand in this whole debacle but now it looks like the Islanders are sad

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If the crowd is rocking, I'm wondering how much of that energy will translate to the game being really physical. I'm not expecting "Fight Night" levels of physicality, but I could certainly see the grinders feeding off the energy and giving a little bit extra. If the Isles are out of the playoff race by then, the fans will only care about getting their pound of flesh.

Reactions: Eberzal

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Really lame and bush league, Isles had the upper hand in this whole debacle but now it looks like the Islanders are sad
giphy.gif

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Fine with the game being at the Coliseum but what I do not get is what is happening for those with tickets already. It says in their press release season tickeholders will be contacted by reps but "individual ticketholders should contact point of purchase." So the Islanders do not know what is happening with the already sold seats, but ticketmaster, stub hub etc. will know? Or is it you are contacting them because you are shit out of luck and no longer have a seat, will get a refund and then if you still want to go have to pay the ridiculously higher prices they are charging for the coliseum games? With new people running the business, you would think this would be done in a better way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad