GDT: Feb 2/13| Boston @ Toronto | 7:00pm | CBC | Do you like Phil Kessel and the Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
But this isn't a Leafs game. It's a CBC national game. And one can argue that it makes little sense for the CBC to have pro-Leaf commentators. Leaf fans are going to watch anyway, so it makes more sense to aim the broadcast at non-Leaf fans.

Yeah, but it's a national game that regularly shows the Leafs in that time slot. I wouldn't even mind neutral commentating, the kind of commentating you get in national TSN games or national NBC games. This kind of homerism makes an already irrelevant, down-trending channel look even more comical (CBC).

Whatever, I hope Bell and Rogers outbid CBC, which they certainly can. Or at least stake claim to most if not all Leafs games. Other teams aren't regularly put on CBC; but almost every single week the Leafs are on at the primetime slot. Why should we be subject to regular slots on a channel that features commentators that are antagonistic to us? **** that ****. Lets see how many viewers CBC gets for Winnipeg vs. Ottawa in that time slot.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Just got home from work, who scored the Boston goal?? Any fights or highlights I missed??

First period recap thanks!

there was a fight, Frazer vs. someone. But our guy won. Woot.
then the Bruins scored. (Franson had bad bad coverage)
Then Franson scored but it was waived off due to Goalie Interference (which wasn't. Rask was in the white, Kelly hit Kadri and Rask dove).

now we start the 2nd with a powerplay.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Just got home from work, who scored the Boston goal?? Any fights or highlights I missed??

First period recap thanks!

You missed Franson's disallowed goal.

Man I hate that goalies get special treatment everywhere on the ice. Why not just paint the whole ice surface blue?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
It's not about having "Pro" Leaf Commentators. I'm not asking that.
But it's really annoying when watching a game and it's just like "oh the leafs did this and it kind of sucked GO TEAM ___________________ with their __________". Or snide comments etc.

why is it tonnes of focus on the visiting team and then
"Oh Kessel didn't score yet"

and then more focus on the visiting team.

Case in point:
Boston is #1 in Faceoffs.
we're in the top FIVE

So where you could have a commentary of we've got two teams in the top five of faceoff wins, it's going to be interesting all night who wins the draws... we get this

"Boston is dominate in faceoffs. They win. They win. they win."

or. even focus on that brutally waived off goal instead off yeah, you could have made a case against it and moved on. I bet you dollars to doughnuts, if it was the other way around, they would be going on and on how "lucky" the Leafs were to win one, etc.

Make it BALANCED.

Or just let the commentary go in one ear and out the other.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Bruins and Leafs have been on par with each other as far as I'm concerned.

Should be 1-1

Agreed...Kadri gets pushed into the Bruins goaltender means Toronto scored in my books. If the refs believe that Kadri interfered with the Bruins goaltender intentionally then Kadri should have had a goaltender intereference penalty. That no such penalty was assessed screams to me that Kadri was shoved into the goaltender and the refs knew it. We were screwed.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah, but it's a national game that regularly shows the Leafs in that time slot. I wouldn't even mind neutral commentating, the kind of commentating you get in national TSN games or national NBC games. This kind of homerism makes an already irrelevant, down-trending channel look even more comical (CBC).

Whatever, I hope Bell and Rogers outbid CBC, which they certainly can. Or at least stake claim to most if not all Leafs games. Other teams aren't regularly put on CBC; but almost every single week the Leafs are on at the primetime slot. Why should we be subject to regular slots on a channel that features commentators that are antagonistic to us? **** that ****. Lets see how many viewers CBC gets for Winnipeg vs. Ottawa in that time slot.

Exactly, maybe losing the Leafs for a few years will make them appreciate what they had. We may not be the best team right now but we give them the beacoup bucks.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Okay, people don't like the CBC commentators and the CBC stream has problems. Does it really need to be said over and over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad