GDT: Feb 2/13| Boston @ Toronto | 7:00pm | CBC | Do you like Phil Kessel and the Leafs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
But this isn't a Leafs game. It's a CBC national game. And one can argue that it makes little sense for the CBC to have pro-Leaf commentators. Leaf fans are going to watch anyway, so it makes more sense to aim the broadcast at non-Leaf fans.
Yet the Canucks get obvious bias from the commentators assigned to their game from the very same channel. Nice try; but it's just not the case.

THHT

Oct 29, 2009
Anyone else having the CBC internet feed jump around on them?

Yes. It's jumping from Coaches Corner to the last few minutes of the first period and back again. According to the CBC chat, the techs are working on it...but we'll see.

Brymas McCaberle

Dec 12, 2009
Yes. It's jumping from Coaches Corner to the last few minutes of the first period and back again. According to the CBC chat, the techs are working on it...but we'll see.

I just jumped over to a stream at firstrowsports

Quality is slightly worse, but it's definitely stable.

edwardslane

Aug 6, 2010
Regardless of what people think the score should be 1-1 Leafs were robbed of a goal.. it's 1-0 and we were outplayed that period However it's not too late to come back.. keep plugging away and you never know.

hopefully the refs give a few make up calls and the leafs have a good PP tonight

Badger Mayhew*

Bruins and Leafs have been on par with each other as far as I'm concerned.

Should be 1-1

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
But this isn't a Leafs game. It's a CBC national game. And one can argue that it makes little sense for the CBC to have pro-Leaf commentators. Leaf fans are going to watch anyway, so it makes more sense to aim the broadcast at non-Leaf fans.

It's not about having "Pro" Leaf Commentators. I'm not asking that.
But it's really annoying when watching a game and it's just like "oh the leafs did this and it kind of sucked GO TEAM ___________________ with their __________". Or snide comments etc.

why is it tonnes of focus on the visiting team and then
"Oh Kessel didn't score yet"

and then more focus on the visiting team.

Case in point:
Boston is #1 in Faceoffs.
we're in the top FIVE

So where you could have a commentary of we've got two teams in the top five of faceoff wins, it's going to be interesting all night who wins the draws... we get this

"Boston is dominate in faceoffs. They win. They win. they win."

or. even focus on that brutally waived off goal instead off yeah, you could have made a case against it and moved on. I bet you dollars to doughnuts, if it was the other way around, they would be going on and on how "lucky" the Leafs were to win one, etc.

Make it BALANCED.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Hell I'd be happy if I could come to a pro-Leaf GDT on the Leafs board.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Just got home from work, who scored the Boston goal?? Any fights or highlights I missed??

First period recap thanks!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
jim hughson does play by play like an outside observer
we need a homer announcer with enthusiam
Hughson gets pretty enthused when we are getting blown out. Last week in the 3rd period against the Rangers as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad