OT: Favourite Whiskey

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It's a very odd thing. As mentioned, I enjoy drinking their beers. I've done so repeatedly, but spaced it out pretty well. A few examples...

The first time it happened was after a Friday night Jets game. A buddy and I took a cab to the game, then to Leopold's on Osborne. Ate some pretty bad (as in bad for you, tasted great) food that night and put it off to the food as the root cause.

Next time it happened was next time I had some 1919, on the golf course. Didn't drink a ton, shouldn't have had issues. Heartburn.

Another time it was the only beer I had at a buddy's place after dropping something off for him. Heartburn, again.

I've been paying attention to what I eat, how I'm feeling, how much I drank and aside from the first time there's nothing that could really be underlying beyond the beer. Nothing else gives me heartburn in terms of beer. I drink mostly IPAs of a sort these days. I agree with you and @nobody imp0rtant that there really shouldn't be any issues there in particular with 1919 but it just keeps happening. Maybe it's psychosomatic at this point. I'm certainly not knocking their product and would recommend it to anyone. It just isn't working for me.

Have you had LBJ's Golden Ale? Damn fine beer as well, and it would be interesting to see if that also caused heartburn. You could also take a ranitidine beforehand if you're in the mood for some 1919, and see if that helps.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
it's a whisky group.
you posted something that most here would disagree with. don't be upset.

Really? Most would disagree? I took his comment to mean that Jamieson seems to have a very wide appeal these days (not that it was a favourite amongst malt heads) - and I don't think that's a wildly incorrect observation. At worst it may be an observation of a particular demographic (18-35?) but that's fair enough.

Reactions: drumzan

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Really? Most would disagree? I took his comment to mean that Jamieson seems to have a very wide appeal these days (not that it was a favourite amongst malt heads) - and I don't think that's a wildly incorrect observation. At worst it may be an observation of a particular demographic (18-35?) but that's fair enough.
and McDonalds has sold over a billion burgers. it doesn't mean it's particularly good.
what does "wide appeal" mean? does it mean good or bland?
think people here are/were discussing must-drink whiskies.
if you guys want to discuss Jim Beam or Jamieson or Jack Daniels, by all means. i'll step aside and let y'all discuss those delicacies.
and if you or others are upset that someone dare say that, no, Jamieson isn't delicious, then why discuss whiskies to begin with?

Jameson Irish Whiskey Review - The Whiskey Jug

79/100.

Jameson Whiskey review – classic Irish blend

74/100.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg
and McDonalds has sold over a billion burgers. it doesn't mean it's particularly good.
what does "wide appeal" mean? does it mean good or bland?
think people here are/were discussing must-drink whiskies.
if you guys want to discuss Jim Beam or Jamieson or Jack Daniels, by all means. i'll step aside and let y'all discuss those delicacies.
and if you or others are upset that someone dare say that, no, Jamieson isn't delicious, then why discuss whiskies to begin with?

Jameson Irish Whiskey Review - The Whiskey Jug

79/100.

Jameson Whiskey review – classic Irish blend

74/100.

Yeah, I think I'll move on too.

Reactions: drumzan

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Love Irish whiskey and have been drinking The Irishmen Single Malt through the holidays, very smooth!

baronvonadam

Feb 15, 2014
upload_2021-2-7_20-56-47.jpeg

New York sours the other night. Recommend!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad