Favourite NON Leaf

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Rick Nash and PK Subban are both amazing! I also love all guys who came out of the Kitchener Rangers. Always fun to follow the guys who played in your hometown.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Despite my dislike of Ottawa and Boston, I've always like Chara.
I really wanted to see the Leafs try and sign Chara from Ottawa.
Felt he could really become something more valuable then what
Ottawa was getting out of him.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I'm not sure you are being objective about that statement. :P

Sid, PK, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Bergeron

aha, but I am. I like so many players that they are to lengthy to list. I don't have a narrow mind in that I don't not like a player just because he doesn't play for us. Matter of fact I see that mentality as damaging to the game all in all. :teach:

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Paul Kariya. He also happens to be my favorite skater ever. Loved watching Dominik Hasek tend goal. Chris Pronger was my favorite defensemen growing up.

Nowadays I don't have any players I love like the aforementioed. But I've always been a big fan of Jumbo Joe and the great 8. I was a big critic of Carey Price his first few years in the league, but he's won me over with how he's matured throughout his career. I like Patrice Bergeron too.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Mackinnon/Crosby/McDavid/Doughty/Tavares but one of my absolute favs is Kopitar and imo he's been a top 5 player this decade besides last season. highly underrated he's better offensively then Toews and Bergeron averages 70-80 points a year playing mostly with Dwight King and Dustin Brown and an over the hill Gaborik as his most common linemates. he hasn't had a Hossa/Saad or Marchand/Seguin for wingers and every bit as good defensively, 3rd best center of the decade for me.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Favourite current non-Leafs:

Francois Beauchemin
James Reimer
Nikolay Kulemin
Alexander Steen
Carl Gunnarsson
Shawn Matthias
Dave Bolland
Richard Panik
Luke Schenn
Matt Stajan
Kris Versteeg
David Booth
Dion Phaneuf
Peter Holland
Michael Grabner
Phil Kessel
Matt Hunwick
Anton Stralman
Mikhail Grabovski
Brendan Leipsic
David Clarkson
Tuukka Rask
Lee Stempniak
Jonathan Bernier
Daniel Winnik
Alex Stalock
Brian Boyle
Clarke MacArthur

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I always will cheer for players I watched playing junior in Windsor, especially when I had my season tickets (up until 4 years ago), so current players like Henrique, Hall, Fowler, Ellis, etc. Historically, non-Leafs I really enjoyed watching play were Cam Neely, Shanahan, Bill Guerin, and am sure there are others I can't think of right now.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Tarasenko, Kessel, Ekman-Larsson.

But I also like the players who make it ridiculously fun to watch:

Malkin, McDavid, Seguin, etc.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Mark Stone for me.

One of the very best hard working and scoring two way wingers in the league.

I would take him on the Leafs every day.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
I always like players that showed real emotion on and off the ice. Jeremy Roenick back in the day, and now PK Subban now. League needs more fun and real emotion.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Of current players, I have a top 5, in no order.

Erik Karlsson
Connor McDavid
Evgeni Malkin
Patrick Kane (this one is obvious given my avatar)
Patrice Bergeron

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I like McDavid today. In the past, I had lots: Hull, Yzerman, Sakic, Neely, Shanahan, Bourque, MacInnis, Kariya, Roy... I just don’t feel any affinity towards any non-Leafs today other than McDavid. As I get older, it’s harder for them to grab my attention. I reserve that attention for the Leafs.

I wonder why. ;)

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
The Marchand love is interesting.
I remember when Boston won cup and Brad comes home to Halifax to parade the Cup, very few people showed up. Not like when Sid brought it back, thousands showed up, Three times. Marchand is really good, he does not have to be an arse, but none the less he is.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
aha, but I am. I like so many players that they are to lengthy to list. I don't have a narrow mind in that I don't not like a player just because he doesn't play for us. Matter of fact I see that mentality as damaging to the game all in all. :teach:
Sadly Oiler fans have poisoned me against McDavid.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Currently playing:

Mark Scheifele
Sean Monahan
Patrice Bergeron
Vincent Trochek
Braden Holtby
Matt Murray
Duncan Keith
John Klingberg...

Ad

Upcoming events