Favourite NON Leaf

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Nobody mentioned Gretzky yet? Seriously? So many great players over the years, would be difficult to narrow it down to just one, two or twelve guys.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Subban for me.

He's absolutely elite on the ice and clutch in big games. That's not even mentioning all the tremendous work he does for sick kids.

Oh and he pisses off a certain portion of the Habs fanbase so that's another plus.

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
Bergeron currently...loved Selanne during his career....honorable mention to ryan o'reilly strictly from my fantasy hockey perspective..beast on faceoffs and shorthanded situations...he's winning 20+faceoffs a game this year..outstanding

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
First name that popped into my head when I saw this thread was Wayne Simmonds. He's exactly the kind of player I would love to add to this team. Also a huge Subban fan.

I'm originally from Halifax, so I've always had an affinity for some of the products of the Mooseheads (Voracek, Tanguay, Giguere, and I still have high-hopes for Martin Frk) as well as the home-grown talent like Crosby. MacKinnon is the double-whammy, but he and Drouin (and now Hischier and Zadina) have all come up since I moved, and I never really got a chance to see them enough to grow any kind of real attachment. Still love to see them succeed, though. Despite my Scotian roots, however, I'll always wanna punch Marchand right in the nose.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Nathan Walker, he is our national hero

seriously though I like McDavid a lot, obviously everyone does

edit: National hero in hockey, id bet maybe 5% of the Australian population knows who he is though

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I like McDavid today. In the past, I had lots: Hull, Yzerman, Sakic, Neely, Shanahan, Bourque, MacInnis, Kariya, Roy... I just don’t feel any affinity towards any non-Leafs today other than McDavid. As I get older, it’s harder for them to grab my attention. I reserve that attention for the Leafs.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Among current players, Ovechkin.
Although culturally (in my generation and the one before it) we were always taught to distrust, belittle and dislike the Russians, his story, talent, perseverance and personality all transcend politics and preconceptions. The fact that he overcame the tragic death of his brother, and from such poor beginnings, and made his way over here to be the best goal scorer of his time . . . it's really an incredible and inspirational story, much underplayed, IMHO.

Former players: Gretzky
I especially loved re-reading his autobiographies with my 7 year old hockey-mad son . . . really poignant and incredible stories, and honestly just a fascinating guy, and with a just as fascinating and impressive hockey dad (Walter Gretzky).

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
Nash, Thornton, Doughty, McDavid, Getzlaf, Stamkos
..I think the pattern is Canadian star players who arent rivals of the leafs.

Would really love to see Nash or Thornton get a cup before they retire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad