Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #3

Favourite Habs player in the post-1993 era: #3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Every one wants him out, I doubt he gets many votes. Bt if you do add Patio i think you must also include DD. I Tink

I personally have no inkling of which players will rank out spots 5-10, though 3 and 4 are obvious.

I'm considering allowing people to vote for two guys at a tike afterwards.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
How so?

Was it just the absence of negative attributes, or are you actually referring to some positive traits?
The only negative attribute about Carbonneau was his tendency to mockingly laugh and shake his head every time he disagreed with the ref's call. I think that pushed the refs' buttons a bit and was counter-productive because he overused it. But as a coach and I suppose due to his background as a player, Carbo was more comfortable with offensive style hockey than Therrien ever was. Carbo was happy to let Kovalev be Kovalev and push the pace offensively and seemed less concerned with playing fear-based, preventative defensive hockey like, well, pretty much every other Habs coach since Demers was fired.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
The only negative attribute about Carbonneau was his tendency to mockingly laugh and shake his head every time he disagreed with the ref's call. I think that pushed the refs' buttons a bit and was counter-productive because he overused it. But as a coach and I suppose due to his background as a player, Carbo was more comfortable with offensive style hockey than Therrien ever was. Carbo was happy to let Kovalev be Kovalev and push the pace offensively and seemed less concerned with playing fear-based, preventative defensive hockey like, well, pretty much every other Habs coach since Demers was fired.

Carbo wasn't much of a strategist. He basically relied on our offense and PP. Little emphasis on pre- or in-game tactics. I think Therrien was significantly better in this regard, although his weakness was utilization of players.

I still maintain that, besides Gainey's brief stints, Martin was our best coach of the post-1993 era.

Reactions: DAChampion

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Carbo wasn't much of a strategist. He basically relied on our offense and PP. Little emphasis on pre- or in-game tactics. I think Therrien was significantly better in this regard, although his weakness was utilization of players.

I still maintain that, besides Gainey's brief stints, Martin was our best coach of the post-1993 era.
Watching offensive-oriented hockey is more entertaining than whatever it is Therrien/Julien/Gainey/Martin were doing. And since we never won anything with any of them, the least they can do is entertain us while failing.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Does anyone find it weird the lack of love Price is getting? It's so strange.
Timing. Price the star goalie is being drowned out by Price the contract, Price the injury, and Price the trade asset.

Plekanec also suffers from bad timing. He'll be remembered as a smart, loyal, and very productive Hab once he's gone. But for now, he's just in the way.

Reactions: Laurentide

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

The 2007-2008 team is the most cohesive team I've watched since Juliens 2003-2004 team. Just an excellent passing team. Significantly better than anything Therrien ever did.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Price had a tremendous regular season in 2014 and has otherwise not contributed much.

Markov had ten tremendous regular seasons.
Kovalev had one tremendous regular season in 2008, and was a regular playoff warrior.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Souray and it’s not close other than possibly Kovalev. He was a big, mean, tough as nails SOB that developed into an all-star. Cannon shot, and always protected his teammates. I’ll always remember him beating up Sean O’Donnell after O’Donnell had been roughing up Koivu. Souray served notice that nobody on the Bruins touched the captain. Miss having a guy like that, he was never really replaced.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Really tough choice between Kovy And Markov. I went with Kovy - when he was on, he was the most exciting player on the Habs since Lafleur. He gets the edge for entertainment value.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I vote Price.
Kovalev was fun to watch but he also cost us the playoffs one year for faking a wrist injury in 2OT against the Bruins

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00