Favorite Years of Hockey Cards

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
I would love to see this website add a hockey card/memorabilia/autograph forum.
No doubt, becouse it is part of quite a few peoples fandom and that it deepens any such inclinations. It should be said though that other areas of collecting is also a thing and are not to be forgotten. Collecting sticks, jerseys, pins, game programs, tickets, bobbleheads, mcfarlanes, stanley cup rings, world championship authentic medals, in-person and through-the-mail autographs, and god knows what more. Personally i am jealous of the people that collect Maurice Richard and Cyclone Taylor game used stuff, i hope i can do something similar in the future.
I also seem to remember that there might have been such a subforum, but can't seem to find Page 2 after the move of this forum to check the validity of such a claim.

Last edited:

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
No doubt, becouse it is part of quite a few peoples fandom and that it deepens any such inclinations. It should be said though that other areas of collecting is also a thing and are not to be forgotten. Collecting sticks, jerseys, pins, game programs, tickets, bobbleheads, mcfarlanes, stanley cup rings, world championship authentic medals, in-person and through-the-mail autographs, and god knows what more. Personally i am jealous of the people that collect Maurice Richard and Cyclone Taylor game used stuff, i hope i can do something similar in the future.
I also seem to remember that there might have been such a subforum, but can't seem to find Page 2 after the move of this forum to check the validity of such a claim.

I would love a collector's corner. I've been collecting since 4 years old - jerseys, books, cards, toys, oddballs, figures, magazines, anything hockey. I would enjoy a place to share photos, stories, etc.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
I would love a collector's corner. I've been collecting since 4 years old - jerseys, books, cards, toys, oddballs, figures, magazines, anything hockey. I would enjoy a place to share photos, stories, etc.
Yeah, and maybe brag a bit.
But really i think other members might appreciate seeing them as well.
In your case i find it cool that you collect whatever type of items that fits/comes from your target subject(s). Many people do some kind of autistic thing and virtually despise say game used sticks compared to hockey cards with a piece of a game used stick in them. I have never understood such a philosophy, except of course when such discrimination happens through economic reasons.

I just start by showing off possibly my favorite item in my collection(Earlier posts from me here had cards from the internet or from re-sellers). Only bad thing with this card is that the letter in it comes from a 2005/06 Sabres 'Mad Cow' jersey whilst the player is depicted playing for the Wild. But i guess the color scheme is not too eye sore after all.

12-13-panini-prime-genuine-letters.jpg

And for those that don't like the shredding, here is another of my favourite items:

meigrey.png

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Loved the early/mid 80’s O-Pee-Chee.

Some of the airbrush work was absolutely hilarious.

Angry Mel Bridgman: 1983/84 OPC..:laugh:

bridgman.jpg

1985/86 OPC

young_f_zoom.jpg

1989/90 OPC

8990opc-chriskotsopoulos.jpg

I remember when I started collecting, packs back in then were 20-25 cents with a stick of delicious gum. The good old days. :laugh:

I have a bunch of sets and tons of unopened raw/graded OPC wax and rack packs and boxes from the 80’s.

Would post some pics but not sure how it’s done.

Agreed that it would be nice if there was a forum/sub forum for hockey cards. Would be great. :thumbu:

Reactions: The Pale King

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
1980-1981.

I had thousands, and throwing them against walls in a gambling attempt to get a better card was a huge thing in elementary school. We literally brought cases of cards to school each day to compete.

I had three or four of these (but wanted a Trottier card):

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
1980-1981.

I had thousands, and throwing them against walls in a gambling attempt to get a better card was a huge thing in elementary school. We literally brought cases of cards to school each day to compete.

Yes, I remember those card games to. Set up a bunch against the wall and whomever knocked more down got all the cards.

Or if you were able to top your opponents card, you won them. If you got closest to the wall, you won, etc...

Good times. :laugh:

Not the most tech savvy guy so if I can figure out how to post pictures, I’m gonna put some up here displaying the unopened wax collection I have.

Reactions: VanIslander

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad