Favorite Penguin and why

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
Mario Lemieux: Greatest player to ever lace the skates. He battled and excelled through physical adversity. To put up the numbers he did while simultaneously being unable to bend over to tie his own skates; it is just unbelievable. He is the definition of a legend, and imo, is one of the biggest class acts in sport, both on and off the ice.

Tom Barrasso: Not such a class act to the public, but goaltender was my favourite position growing up, and he was the tender for my favourite team. As I've gotten older, I've formed a pretty positive opinion of him, though that may be due to the fact that I empathize with his need to be away from other people. HE could have had much better numbers on a more defensive team in the league, but he kept his trap shut about stats and did everything that he needed to do to get the W. If he was on the Canadians/Hawks/Rangers/Devils/Stars/Wings/etc, I believe that his stats would look much more impressive and he'd be in the hall. Can't explain the babysitter incident though :laugh:

Rico Fata: No legitimate reason for this. Maybe it is because we're both Italian? :laugh:

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
Of all time? Ron Francis, quiet possibly the most underrated player of my lifetime.

current penguins: Duper

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Alek Stojanov
alek_stojanov_2.jpg

He wasn't the powerforward we deserved, he was the powerforward we needed.​

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
All-time: Lemieux, because how could it be different?
Current: Malkin, because I think he is the most fun to watch in the league, and he seems a great fella to boot.

Agreed, but I'd add one thing for Malkin. The whole 'shades of Mario' thing.

I appreciate every time he manages to do that and to remind me of what I've missed for almost a decade.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
That may have been the worst trade we ever made, well maybe except Jagr.

We never gave Stonajov a real chance :sarcasm:

And nothing guarantees that Naslund would have been a good fit here with all our Euro's back then:sarcasm:

Terrible trade :shakehead

But I still think the Jagr one was worse, we should have recieved a lot more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad