Favorite Penguin and why

Michael8771*

1.Lemieux
2 a close 2hd to Geno

Why? Because of their unreal skill, artistry and style. They look so effortless and smooth on the ice. Even moreso than Jagr or Crosby who appear to have to work harder to attain their points.

AZPenguins

Aug 25, 2009
Tempe, AZ
000546041.jpg

Kevin Stevens because I too like hookers and blow.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
All-time: Lemieux, because how could it be different?
Current: Malkin, because I think he is the most fun to watch in the league, and he seems a great fella to boot.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lemieux - He kept hockey in Pittsburgh on a number of occasions. He was really the best forward had you got to see him play in his earlier years, no other player was individually as good at forward.

It's hard to pick the runner up until Sid or Geno get near the end of their careers, but for now Jagr/Francis have a hold on #2, But Sid/Geno are right there with them.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Glass and Orpik, because they lay it all on the line night in and night out. They sacrifice their hearts, minds, souls and bodies for the greater good. There is no more noble act than what Glass and Orpik do on the ice.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I'm going to assume this question added the disclaimer of "besides Mario, Jagr, Sid and Geno"

1. Ronnie Francis- Always thought he was never fully appreciated because of Mario and Jagr, but he never gave a crap and just went out and played like a stud.

2. Darius Kasparaitis- Was just learning about players in the NHL, outside the Pens, when we traded for him and my dad described him as Uflie Jr which immediately endeared me to him. And of course his goal and celebration against Hasek and Buffalo in '01. Oh, and his constant assaulting of Lindros.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Glass and Orpik, because they lay it all on the line night in and night out. They sacrifice their hearts, minds, souls and bodies for the greater good. There is no more noble act than what Glass and Orpik do on the ice.

:handclap: :laugh:

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Taking Lemieux out of the equation because obvious.

All time, Stevens. Guy was beast before he broke his face. Or, more accurately, before Rich Pilon broke his face.

Current roster, Neal. Yeah, there are better players but I love the way he plays. Including the chippy stuff.

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Mario. No ifs, ands or buts about it. He tells me punch some in the face, well looks like I'm gonna try.

Ulf. Loved his style of D, even if he was a real jerk. I try to play like that, cept you know REALLY hurting people.

Sid/Geno would be currents. More than just how good they are, how much effort they give, how they carry themselves off the ice.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Mario obviously. Other favorites growing up were Stevens, Nedved for a bit, and Kovalev. Now it's Geno by a mile. On defense, I loved Murphy, Zubov and Kasper.

Mo Wanchuk

Embrace the Hate
Mar 16, 2009
Palm Isle
All time = Mario (anyone who says different is not paying attention)

Current = Geno (I love the fact that he defected to come play in the NHL.)

Other = Darius Kasparaitis (Just a great nuts and bolts player who wasn't afraid to get his nose dirty)

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I'd have to say Malkin is my favorite player. He's a treat to watch - the way he can just impose himself on the other team seemingly at will is very Mario-esque. Crosby is the better player overall, but he plays like an algorithmic machine compared to Malkin, who looks more...heroic (?) when he's on a roll. He's got a winning personality and seems like a great guy to be around off the ice, too. My appreciation for him grows every time I learn something new about his personal history.

My second favorite would probably be Dupuis because despite his foibles (which are mostly Bylsma's, really), he's a very hard worker who clearly relishes the opportunities he's been given. Every time he scores his face lights up like it's the first goal he's ever gotten, and possibly the last he'll ever get. He also seems like a really nice, funny guy off the ice with a great family.

Illinest

Jan 7, 2008
Harrisburg
I was just thinking about this last night when I was complaining to my brother that there aren't any Penguins that I enjoy watching.

I think Crosby is possibly the best talent in the league but watching him does not excite me. Malkin - I don't care for his style. I guess Letang is my current favorite but only when he's not responsible for giving up breakaways.

I liked Staal in spite of his potato-handedness. I do not like Sutter.
Beau Bennett always seems promising.

But anyways - my favorites were Kevin Stevens and of course Mario.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I was just thinking about this last night when I was complaining to my brother that there aren't any Penguins that I enjoy watching.

I think Crosby is possibly the best talent in the league but watching him does not excite me. Malkin - I don't care for his style. I guess Letang is my current favorite but only when he's not responsible for giving up breakaways.

I liked Staal in spite of his potato-handedness. I do not like Sutter.
Beau Bennett always seems promising.

But anyways - my favorites were Kevin Stevens and of course Mario.

You don't like watching Malkin (Mario junior)?

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Of course Mario is many tiers above everyone else.

Malkin, not only for the obvious skill on the ice, but i love the general love he has for the game. He is such a goof ball and just seems like the kinda team mate you really want to have.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Geno by a pretty wide margin... that's all-time. He's just got the human being edge over guys like Mario and Jags, even though he'll never be as good as Mario and is a 50/50 shot at ending his career as someone people feel was "as good" as Jagr.

Illinest

Jan 7, 2008
Harrisburg
You don't like watching Malkin (Mario junior)?

Malkin does this thing all the time where he dangles around the perimeter of the offensive zone for 30 seconds, beating all 5 members of the opposing team in the process, and then he finally runs out of gas and the possession dissolves.

The less he does that the more i like him. Malkin is pretty cool when he's passing more and getting to the crease. He has physical skills that very much remind me of Lemieux but i don't think he sees the ice as well.

Also - and this might be just an odd "me" thing - i have an easier time relating to right-handed players because i myself am right-handed. It's not a rule that a player has to be a righty but in general i do prefer rightys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad