Favorite NHL Team

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Homer pick for Islanders. Small but passionate fanbase, great management/coaching, bright future and new arena on the horizon
Im a Wings fan whom has always liked the isle. Good fans and currently a good team.
Plus you can hate on penguins and make jokes about pajama boy.

Reactions: SRBisles

Giuseppe Franco

Jun 1, 2008
Kudos for not just hopping on the bandwagon of the most popular teams like most new fans do. I actually have a soft spot for all your picks but obviously I’d recommend the orange and blue.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Ottawa will be the team that brings the cup back to Canada, so cheer for them

:popcorn::D

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
There are pros and cons to all the teams on your list.
I would make a list of multiple criteria that you think would be important to you and then arrange those teams 1-4 under each of those criteria and see which team ends up the highest on the most categories.

Some things I would suggest for criteria would be:
Availability. How easy is it for you to watch their games. Are they in a time zone that works for you. Do they play somewhere you would be able to make the trip to go watch the game sometime or in a city you would be interested in going to visit someday.

Stability of the franchise. Is there good ownership. Would you be worried about the team possibly moving someday. Management and even current core construction of the teams will change and you will hopefully be a fan for may years. But an unstable owner or fan support could linger over a franchise.

Current roster construction. I know this goes a bit against what I just said but you being able to enjoy watching the current team would obviously help massively I building your fandom

The teams future. By this I’m referring to their young players and prospects. Young up and coming teams are one of the most exciting things to watch. Your fandom will grow with the kids and it’s great to be with something as it builds.

Rivalries. What natural rivals do the teams have. Rivalry games are some of the most fun to watch. You will live and die with every moment of them.

Now I think the 4 teams you listed would all come in different spots on each of those criteria. All of them have their strengths and weaknesses. Any other criteria you would have to figure out what is important for yourself. Congrats on which ever team you decide on, however you decide to do it.

Hockey4Life1987

Feb 25, 2021
O.K guys I took your advice regarding the Senators management issues and deleted Ottawa from my list of candidates. So now we are down to four teams only :

New York Islanders

Florida Panthers

Minnesota Wild

Vancouver Canucks

It's gonna be one of these four teams.

Minnesota Wild is currently on a roll :) They won their last game against the Los Angeles Kings with an absolutely beautiful game winning goal by Matt Dumba.

What do you have to say or to contribute about the Minnesota Wild? I understand that this team was medicore for many years, but now it seems that they really have a chance to become a front - runner in the NHL. I just enjoy watching them play, and it seems that they actually know what they are doing.

Any thoughts about Minnesota?

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
O.K guys I took your advice regarding the Senators management issues and deleted Ottawa from my list of candidates. So now we are down to four teams only :

New York Islanders

Florida Panthers

Minnesota Wild

Vancouver Canucks

It's gonna be one of these four teams.

Minnesota Wild is currently on a roll :) They won their last game against the Los Angeles Kings with an absolutely beautiful game winning goal by Matt Dumba.

What do you have to say or to contribute about the Minnesota Wild? I understand that this team was medicore for many years, but now it seems that they really have a chance to become a front - runner in the NHL. I just enjoy watching them play, and it seems that they actually know what they are doing.

Any thoughts about Minnesota?
I’ve got a spot for Minnesota myself; if the team didn’t relocate to Dallas when I was a kid I probably wouldn’t be a big fan of hockey today.

At the time it was all about the Dallas Cowboys but as soon as the Dallas Stars became a team I was hooked; to the team and sport.

Agree with what others have mentioned and just keep watching and one should grab you.

Last edited:

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
tim-stutzle-and-brady-tkachuk.jpeg

enough said... :nod::naughty:

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
As others have said as well it’s okay to root for two teams. The Stars are my #1 team but also am a fan of the Rangers, was the first team I listened to on the radio win the Stanley Cup. Being from the US I was going for them to beat Vancouver back in ‘94.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Since your willing to consider a west coast team I would highly recommend going to a game in Vegas before you make your lifelong decision.

If your dead set on one of those four id go with Ottawa because of Tkachuk and Chabot.

Hockey4Life1987

Feb 25, 2021
I'm gonna watch 3 amazing games today :

Islanders-Buffalo

Nashville- Florida

Vancouver-Toronto

Please don't tell me the score of each game, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun!

Minnesota is next against Arizona

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Hi all,

I am looking for my favorite NHL team at the moment (I'm new to Hockey), so I've decided to follow this short 56 games season in order to make my decision before the next regular season will start. So far from all 31 NHL teams It's down to my final four :

New York Islanders

Florida Panthers

Ottawa Senators

Vancouver Canucks

If you had to choose your favorite team ouf of these four teams, which team would you choose and why (based on the history of the team, it's fanbase, number of playoffs performances and other relevant considerations in your opinion)?

I love watching all these four teams play, and that's why it's hard for me at the moment to choose only one of them. Eventually, I really want to cheer for only one team through thick and thin, as all loyal fans should do.

I can't wait to read your comments and I thank you for your help,

Hockey4Life1987

Just no to Ottawa or Vancouver. I'd pick Florida. Great road trip and cheap seats. I've taken the family to follow the Leafs on their Florida road trip a couple of times and the best seats in Florida include lounge access and great food. Very cool.

Hockey4Life1987

Feb 25, 2021
Guys I figured out recently that the Ottawa Senators is much more intersting to me than the Vancouver

Canucks, so I switched Vancouver with Ottawa which is now back in the race.

I said goodbye to the Panthers as well, and I wish them all the best (you can think I'm crazy, but maybe

it's all about cheering the underdogs for me).

So these 3 teams are my final contenders:

New York Islanders

Ottawa Senators

Minnesota Wild

My next mission is to narrow this list down to the final two teams, and I can't be more excited :)

This thread will be updated next when I'll make my decision about the final two teams.

In the meantime, If you have any comments about my final 3 contenders I'll be more than happy to read them.

Which team out of these 3 teams should I choose as my beloved one?

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
While it’s not for everyone but after too many years of disappointment I bailed on my old team and getting a fresh start with Seattle.
Maybe not a good idea if immediate success is important however.

I'm getting close to this as well.

The Vegas knights have already won more playoff series' than my team has in over 20 years lol

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Since your willing to consider a west coast team I would highly recommend going to a game in Vegas before you make your lifelong decision.

If your dead set on one of those four id go with Ottawa because of Tkachuk and Chabot.

You're

(like nails on a chalkboard - oops...pre-markerboard that is)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't think you can really choose. It's more something you'll find out. When the Sens play the Canucks, you'll likely find yourself pulling inadvertently for one of them. Draw your conclusions from that. It's trickier this year with many teams not playing, though. Use your imagination?

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Guys I figured out recently that the Ottawa Senators is much more intersting to me than the Vancouver

I said goodbye to the Panthers as well, and I wish them all the best (you can think I'm crazy, but maybe

New York Islanders

Ottawa Senators

Minnesota Wild

My next mission is to narrow this list down to the final two teams, and I can't be more excited :)

This thread will be updated next when I'll make my decision about the final two teams.

In the meantime, If you have any comments about my final 3 contenders I'll be more than happy to read them.

Isles are currently #1 in the league standings. Not too underdog-gy IMHO.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018

New York Islanders

Ottawa Senators

Minnesota Wild

Oooooo we made it past the first round! This like the bachelor :3

Reactions: Hockey4Life1987

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Isles are currently #1 in the league standings. Not too underdog-gy IMHO.
Idk, look at the way fans and analysts downplay them constantly. Look at how they were predicted to perform after Tavares left. Pretty under-dogy to me

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Also may I suggest -

if you choose to follow one of the Islanders or the Senators, you should continue following the Wild as your 2nd team / "western" team. It is nice to root for a team in the other conference as you rarely have to root against your other favorite team, and it means more great hockey to watch. Plus Minnesota has some fantastic fans. And green is a awesome, underutilized color.

Reactions: Hockey4Life1987

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad