Favorite NHL Team

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
If you want to grow with a team and experience the ups and downs so the successes taste all the sweeter... the Kings are a good choice.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I have to assume you're not local for one of these teams. Is there a chance you can visit one of them? Perhaps that would be a factor. Being in the rink for a home game is a special experience, especially for those of us who can't do it very often. Ottawa and NY aren't thaaat far apart. But FLA and Vancouver are as far apart as possible.

That aside, do you like cheering for an underdog? Do you gravitate toward the coaching x's and o's, or the GM salary cap discussion?

You mentioned history in your post. That's the Islanders, far and away.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Welcome!

If you're down to those final four teams and based on the criteria you listed, then the NY Islanders are the best choice for you I think.

Florida is currently also a good choice because the franchise is in newer and much better hands in terms of management and coaching. Their roster is definitely playoff-ready now with a bonafide 1C, 1LW, and 1D.

Vancouver and Ottawa both have many nice young pieces for the future, but Ottawa has a life-sucking owner and the Canucks are riddled with awful contracts given by their contractually-inept GM Jim Benning.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I’d rather win 3-1 than lose 4-3. Sorry if the isles play defense.
The Islanders have lost multiple games letting in 5 goals this season. They also have a couple shutouts, so at very best they are a bipolar defensive team, that's average on the back end.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
Which of those four teams is most exciting to watch?

Which team has your most favourite player?

which team is more accessible to you?

Which team is most likely not to be in a rebuild in a few years from now?

pick that team

Reactions: Crow

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
Keep watching and find out which you prefer. Don't root for a team you don't enjoy because it has a lengthy history, past success or devout strangers rooting for it. You'll know eventually.

Happened with me, the Giants, and the Jets. Picked the Jets and I've never felt like I could switch.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hi all,

I am looking for my favorite NHL team at the moment (I'm new to Hockey), so I've decided to follow this short 56 games season in order to make my decision before the next regular season will start. So far from all 31 NHL teams It's down to my final four :

New York Islanders

Florida Panthers

Ottawa Senators

Vancouver Canucks

If you had to choose your favorite team ouf of these four teams, which team would you choose and why (based on the history of the team, it's fanbase, number of playoffs performances and other relevant considerations in your opinion)?

I love watching all these four teams play, and that's why it's hard for me at the moment to choose only one of them. Eventually, I really want to cheer for only one team through thick and thin, as all loyal fans should do.

I can't wait to read your comments and I thank you for your help,

Hockey4Life1987

Take Ott off the list. Just trust me. Yes a ton of potential to the team but until the owner is gone we will be a joke. I’m partly bias to the Isles so if your in the time zone for now I’d choose them. Panthers are also an option if you want a unique team to cheer for imo. They can make the playoffs and do well as some expected for a couple years or fall on their face. However if you are in the Nucks time zone I’d absolutely choose them. Absolutely beautiful city and a team I also enjoy watching. They are always the late team I watch after the Sens.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Isles fan here.

I think all four of these teams are good choices. Each has pros and cons relative to what it sounds like you are looking for.

I suggest you don't choose a team just yet... follow all four, watch the games, chat with the fans... then decide when the playoffs hit :)

Reactions: Islander Class

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Hi all,

I am looking for my favorite NHL team at the moment (I'm new to Hockey), so I've decided to follow this short 56 games season in order to make my decision before the next regular season will start. So far from all 31 NHL teams It's down to my final four :

New York Islanders

Florida Panthers

Ottawa Senators

Vancouver Canucks

If you had to choose your favorite team ouf of these four teams, which team would you choose and why (based on the history of the team, it's fanbase, number of playoffs performances and other relevant considerations in your opinion)?

I love watching all these four teams play, and that's why it's hard for me at the moment to choose only one of them. Eventually, I really want to cheer for only one team through thick and thin, as all loyal fans should do.

Hockey4Life1987
Where are you based out of? If I had to give a recommendation, I would say pick the NHL team that you reside in closest proximity to, as that's how most people do it. Really though, its up to you to decide. If you really like these four teams, keep watching them and then eventually, you will like one more than the rest

PuckThumper11

Nov 6, 2019
Hi all,

New York Islanders

Florida Panthers

Ottawa Senators

Vancouver Canucks

Hockey4Life1987
I'd go with the Islanders. They had the dynasty in the early 80s and haven't won it since but they're usually solid contenders and they have Barry Trotz which is a plus.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
It’s a weird question. It’s like asking which girl you should fall in love with...

Just do like I did when I was 8 and picked the Panthers. Choose the team you think has the coolest jersey.

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
It’s a weird question. It’s like asking which girl you should fall in love with...

Just do like I did when I was 8 and picked the Panthers. Choose the team you think has the coolest jersey.
I miss your guys' old Logo :(

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The Panthers are about to enter their cup window and have an excellent core of Huberdeau, Barkov, Ekblad. I'm biased, obviously, but I'd go with Florida.

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
A lot of the answers here are short-sighted. If the OP is in it for the long haul, why should he care about how boring Trotz's teams play or how the Panthers core is up and coming?

Last edited:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Those are weird choices, but I'd go with Vancouver.
NYI and Florida are always somewhat afterthoughts, and Ottawa management is fairly weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad