OT: Favorite Foods; Mainly Chips

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I know you've said you lost a good bit of weight ... how often do you calculate your macros?

I've done it once. I've honestly never really counted my calories on this diet, but when I did calculate my macros it said that I should eat around 2200 calories. I've always stayed between 1500 and 1800.

Reactions: DegenX

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I've done it once. I've honestly never really counted my calories on this diet, but when I did calculate my macros it said that I should eat around 2200 calories. I've always stayed between 1500 and 1800.
Yeah mine wants me to eat way more than I do too. And not just because I'm trying to lose weight, I'm just not that hungry when I eat this much fat.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Beer is one of the easier things for me to give up. I'm not a casual drinking, I'm a "let's get drunk" drinker. But I only do that a few times a year.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Getting back to topic at hand - tried out Little Bangkok in the Strip District today

Wasn't impressed really - I'd say a 6/10. Super greasy and really lacking in portions. Never good when you spend $13 on a lunch and (1) you're hungry afterwards and (2) the food doesn't taste all that great.

Nicky's thai Kitchen is far superior

Reactions: Ogrezilla

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Taiwanese Bistro 33 in Sq Hill... incredible

Some of the best asian food in the city hands down

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Like a throwback to the old planned economies, I eat the same thing(s) almost everyday. Since I'm highly active, I need 3,500-4,000 calories/day just to maintain my current bodyweight. Having a standard diet means less decisions, lower costs and less time spent on the matter. It's easy to do when you like what you eat. 25/40/35 (protein/fat/carbs) and 100% plant-based. Intermittently fasted (16/8).

RizzleMcRib

Cheeseburgers and rocket ships.
Jun 17, 2014
Wherever there are cheeseburgers.
Like a throwback to the old planned economies, I eat the same thing(s) almost everyday. Since I'm highly active, I need 3,500-4,000 calories/day just to maintain my current bodyweight. Having a standard diet means less decisions, lower costs and less time spent on the matter. It's easy to do when you like what you eat. 25/40/35 (protein/fat/carbs) and 100% plant-based. Intermittently fasted (16/8).
Doesn't that get boring?

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Not really. I planned it out to be both nutritious and delicious, relative to my own preferences. Satiety level is always high by the end of the day, so what else is there?

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
As there are a few people here on Keto, can you point me in the right direction for information on what foods I can/cannot eat.

As I am a veggie I find it hard to follow a set meal plan diet, I prefer to have a list of what I can eat and make my own daily menu.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Beer is one of the easier things for me to give up. I'm not a casual drinking, I'm a "let's get drunk" drinker. But I only do that a few times a year.

And vodka will get you there faster anyway. Beer sucks.

I was eating and exercising like a 900cal deficit everyday for like 3 months last year. Lost weight from 260 to 225. And crashed hard and gained it back. It was way way WAY too big a deficit.

I really need to get a better plan again than that.

RizzleMcRib

Cheeseburgers and rocket ships.
Jun 17, 2014
Wherever there are cheeseburgers.
Man, you all are making me feel like a slob. I love Manwich, Kraft Mac & Cheese, chicken nuggets, and cheeseburgers. Oh, and Totino's Pizza Rolls. I have the diet of a 12 year old. At least I drink Miller Lite because of the low carbs.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
And vodka will get you there faster anyway. Beer sucks.

Rum too, apparently. And because I eat less (and almost no carbs) it hits me like a damn truck now :laugh:

I was eating and exercising like a 900cal deficit everyday for like 3 months last year. Lost weight from 260 to 225. And crashed hard and gained it back. It was way way WAY too big a deficit.

I really need to get a better plan again than that.
I eat about 1600 calories a day right now, with probably about 200-300 cals of exercise 4 or 5 days a week. According to the internet this is too much deficit at 6'1" 230, but I'm not hungry and I feel great.

Reactions: EightyOne

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
As there are a few people here on Keto, can you point me in the right direction for information on what foods I can/cannot eat.

As I am a veggie I find it hard to follow a set meal plan diet, I prefer to have a list of what I can eat and make my own daily menu.
Start by figuring out your macros. This calculator is free: Keto Calculator
Here's a list of sorts: Ketogenic Diet Food List: Everything You Need to Know | Ruled Me
Here's a site that will give you nutritional informations about different food: Calorie Chart, Nutrition Facts, Calories in Food | MyFitnessPal.com

I'd suggest you Google vegetarian keto, though. Since you won't be getting your protein from meat you may get jammed up with carbs, so you'll probably want to get some more specific info. I can't help you with that, since I'm an omnivore.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

I have major trouble sticking to any plan (not just food either). I’ll buy and plan my meals for the week and by Day 2 I’m off the rails.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Kudos to all you guys sticking to diets. I've made a decision that food brings me too much happiness to break up with it for too long. But I do wish I had a little more willpower on this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad