OT: Favorite Foods; Mainly Chips

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If I’m eating something like eggs and bacon I dip the bacon in the ketchup.
My issue isn't so much in the ketchup itself, but in feeling the need for any sauce on bacon.
I’m the end result of if you can’t cook your child will put ketchup (and other sauces) on things to help mask that and develop a taste for it. I’ll eat a tonne if stuff and I don’t have it with everything but the habit has been learned.
I'm pretty similar. I grew up eating the kind of meal that a kid will put ketchup on about 4 times a week I bet. I'm definitely moving to using it less. Not because I like it less, but because I am eating the kinds of food I use it on less often.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
My issue isn't so much in the ketchup itself, but in feeling the need for any sauce on bacon.

Not even syrup? Ngl, syrup got in some scrambled eggs at a diner once and it was good. Google tells me this is a thing, though!

The ketchup taste is brief and I like the combo as the bacon takes over.

I'm pretty similar. I grew up eating the kind of meal that a kid will put ketchup on about 4 times a week I bet. I'm definitely moving to using it less. Not because I like it less, but because I am eating the kinds of food I use it on less often.

Yeah, it’s the habit or learned preference with some foods and it’s not there with newer ones. Now I can tell you part of the problem was food needing seasoning, being over cooked or things being boiled that shouldn’t have been. It’s definitely still my go to for fixing the mistake to make something edible, though.

I wasn’t even the weird one. My sister did it with ranch dressing as well as ketchup. Ranch dressing at Christmas dinner when ketchup wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not even syrup? Ngl, syrup got in some scrambled eggs at a diner once and it was good. Google tells me this is a thing, though!

The ketchup taste is brief and I like the combo as the bacon takes over.

Yeah, it’s the habit or learned preference with some foods and it’s not there with newer ones. Now I can tell you part of the problem was food needing seasoning, being over cooked or things being boiled that shouldn’t have been. It’s definitely still my go to for fixing the mistake to make something edible, though.

I wasn’t even the weird one. My sister did it with ranch dressing as well as ketchup. Ranch dressing at Christmas dinner when ketchup wasn’t anywhere to be seen.
Yeah syrup works, but even then I don't add it on purpose. Just if it runs off from the pancakes/waffles.

Ranch is gross.

And yeah, I'm not sure my mom owned spices other than salt and pepper.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah syrup works, but even then I don't add it on purpose. Just if it runs off from the pancakes/waffles.

Ranch is gross.

And yeah, I'm not sure my mom owned spices other than salt and pepper.

If I’m in the mood and alone I’ll do it on purpose.

It was on the everything, too. I don’t hate it but it was too much. Ranch, ranch, ranch.

My mother wouldn’t add salt so ketchup would get added because that made sense from a health perspective... I think it was garlic powder and onion power instead of anything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->