Favorite All Time Blues Prospect That Didn't Pan Out

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Mike Glumac :heart:
at the end of his 'career' he came here to Zagreb, Croatia to play in my local hockey club Medveščak while they were in KHL :party:

+Jaškin :heart: :heart: :heart:
DUDE GLUMAC YES

Also, Steve Regier, Cam Paddock, Sergei Varlamov lmfao

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Jonas junland, Phil McRae, Ian cole(thought he was gonna be a top pair guy, I was young lol), Aaron Palushaj, Brett Sonne, Klim Shady, Jordan schmaltz
Funny. Saw this necro bump and my immediate thought was Aaron Palushaj. Very good skater, really fast and kind of a wrecking ball, but couldn’t quickly enough figure out a role for himself.

Tyler Shattock also comes to mind. Great starts and stops. Puck hound. He had a solid, albeit inglorious, track to the NHL as a great 4th liner with some 3rd line upside. Unfortunately, Shattock wanted to be, and felt he was, a goal scorer and was willing to play in the ECHL to be the go-to scorer.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Was that his problem? Forgot about him. What a let down that he didn’t live up to the hype.
Well, according to 2012 me, it was this:
Marek had great reflexes and a lot of promise but never seemed to improve his angles (relied way too much on his reflexes) and seemed to only have so-so work ethic and mental toughness as well.

It’s probably been about that long since I last thought of that guy and I of course have no recollection of that particular post so no idea how accurate 2012 me was with that assessment.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
at the end of his 'career' he came here to Zagreb, Croatia to play in my local hockey club Medveščak while they were in KHL :party:

Little OT: Croatia is on my short list of countries where I might move to. However, Croatia is the only country on my list that I haven’t visited. I volunteered to go there a long time ago, but got shot down.

Anyway, Glumac was a real load to deal with. Good hockey player.

Reactions: jura

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
The usual suspects come to mind for me - Sejna and Schwarz. Those are probably the two I was highest on that completely busted.

But I’ll mention one other I recall being excited about - Christian Backman. He and Jackman were drafted in the 1st round in back to back drafts and I recall being pretty equally excited for both. One won the Calder, the other flamed out.

Reactions: mab894

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The usual suspects come to mind for me - Sejna and Schwarz. Those are probably the two I was highest on that completely busted.

But I’ll mention one other I recall being excited about - Christian Backman. He and Jackman were drafted in the 1st round in back to back drafts and I recall being pretty equally excited for both. One won the Calder, the other flamed out.
I was super young but thought backman was so sick lol

I also liked Nikita Nikitin, who had a decent but short career for himself

Reactions: BrokenFace

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Cody Beach
Klim Kostin, Ty Rattie and Petteri Lindbohm :bb:
LTaQQ24.jpeg

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018

Glumac HA nice. Maybe the only player whose skating was as horrific as Adam Creighton's. At least Gluey wasn't soft as butter. Creighton running away from Gino Odjick is the perfect summarizing of Creighton's career. Though, any sane person would've done the same. Odjick was a derelict on skates holding a stick.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Outside of the usual suspects, I was excited for another local goalie product in Opilka, was extremely unfortunate he suffered career ending injuries.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Patrice Tardiff. Had a great year in Peoria the season before he made his debut, which would've been the lockout year of '94. Then Keenan took over.. I know he was dealt to LA but for whom I can't recall.. Charlie Huddy, possibly??

Darg. He was part of the Gretzky package..

Yes! I thought Lindbohm was for sure going to be a 2nd pairing guy for a while. Shows what I know....
He looked incredibly solid for about a 10 game stretch during his debut season and just seemed to fizzle out.

Last edited:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Lol I assumed the dread Necromancer Rank-Su had emerged from his sauna to raise more threads from the dead but now have another one...now there's two of them!

• Haha
Reactions: Blueston

stlbluz

Apr 9, 2007
St. Louis
Anyone remember David Roberts? I really thought the guy would be a great for some reason in the early 90s. Didn't really pan out that way (though he still had a decent career I suppose). I was 6 at the time, so I probably had a skewed view of him.

Jim Campbell also comes to mind. One of the nicest guys ever and lots of potential... but kind of had a drinking problem.
& of course Soupy now has investments in several drinking establishments in the area. Still a super nice guy.

As for Senja - I recall him scoring a couple of goals on Roy in one of his first games - jerseys were flying off of the shelves but he fell off quick enough that you could return them within the 30 day window.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad