TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
1688162378764.png

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
chuckie sideburn. team treated him like garbage.
I take offense to this.

Team loved him. Army did make him an offer but with who we had and Hofer coming up, he suffered the same situation Ben Bishop had gone through and got a better deal elsewhere.

Only gripe I had was when Binny went down when we played the Avs, we should have ran him. The Avs had figured out Husso and the team would get behind Chucky. Win or lose, I would have made that call. But it’s what it is and I wish him well. Not Army’s fault.

Reactions: TheDizee

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I take offense to this.

Team loved him. Army did make him an offer but with who we had and Hofer coming up, he suffered the same situation Ben Bishop had gone through and got a better deal elsewhere.

Only gripe I had was when Binny went down when we played the Avs, we should have ran him. The Avs had figured out Husso and the team would get behind Chucky. Win or lose, I would have made that call. But it’s what it is and I wish him well. Not Army’s fault.
would have a second cup if we had played chuckie.

• Haha
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I don't know if he counts as a prospect, but Chris Stewart was a bust. He was too slow to be an effective forechecker, and didn't have much hockey sense. He seemed not to know about icing, since he frequently shot the puck into the offensive zone before he reached the red line. He had a nice goal touch on the backhand though.

He was a number one draft choice for someone, but made it to the NHL in a hurry and needed to play in the minors and learn the game.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I always rooted for Aaron Palushaj. Talked to him a couple times when he must’ve been 16 player here for the Buccaneers. Nice kid. Was just happy to be on a great team that also included Kyle Okposo, Trevor Lewis and Jeff Petry. He then got drafted by the Blues a year later. Thought he’d make it after a couple good seasons at Michigan but he unfortunately flamed out. Solid Euro career though.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I don't know if he counts as a prospect, but Chris Stewart was a bust. He was too slow to be an effective forechecker, and didn't have much hockey sense. He seemed not to know about icing, since he frequently shot the puck into the offensive zone before he reached the red line. He had a nice goal touch on the backhand though.

He was a number one draft choice for someone, but made it to the NHL in a hurry and needed to play in the minors and learn the game.

Wasn't a Blues prospect but definitely was a bust.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I had to google a bit to make sure I had remembered this correctly, but I think Stewart did pretty well for a guy who quit playing at 16

NHL Brother Act: Chris and Anthony Stewart Are Earning Notice
It's a shame to think about Chris because dude had immense talent and just didn't care that much. If he would've put in as much work as guys like Perron and O'Reilly, he could still be playing in the league. He had one of the most ridiculous backhanders I've ever seen.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

This goal has always stuck with me for whatever reason. It's a nice goal, but it was far from some sort of seminal moment. I remember younger me thinking he was going to be the real deal, and Stewart along with Oshie, Backes, Berglund and Steen our forward group was going to be unstoppable... didn't exactly turn out that way. Some good guy remembering in that clip; a Chris Porter appearance and ole Cola himself gets a mention at the beginning.

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

This goal has always stuck with me for whatever reason. It's a nice goal, but it was far from some sort of seminal moment. I remember younger me thinking he was going to be the real deal, and Stewart along with Oshie, Backes, Berglund and Steen our forward group was going to be unstoppable... didn't exactly turn out that way. Some good guy remembering in that clip a Chris Porter appearance and ole Cola himself gets a mention at the beginning.

I thought of this exact goal and nearly mentioned it myself. I remembered "overtime winner backhand on the fly vs Columbus". Thanks for posting.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
It's a shame to think about Chris because dude had immense talent and just didn't care that much. If he would've put in as much work as guys like Perron and O'Reilly, he could still be playing in the league. He had one of the most ridiculous backhanders I've ever seen.

He was play great in contract year but faded.

Contract year 09-10 77 games 28 goals 36 assist 64 points

Contract year 11-12 79 games 15 goals 15 assists 30 points (was one year deal)

Contract year 12-13 (48 game season) 18 goals 18 assist 36 points

Then he just fell on the map.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
It seemed like Stewart always MURDERED us when he was on the Avs and we played. I remember multiple filthy backhand goals. Was pretty hyped when we got him in the EJ deal, but quickly realized he was lazy as f***.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
It seemed like Stewart always MURDERED us when he was on the Avs and we played. I remember multiple filthy backhand goals. Was pretty hyped when we got him in the EJ deal, but quickly realized he was lazy as f***.
he was good until the playoffs rolled in when he and oshie would become ghosts. also he had a good half of the lockout season, got a massive payoff then became the token lazy player he always was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad