GDT: Faulking Reunion in STL

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Forslund just said they had a closed door meeting after the game.

He's absolutely shocked that Bean or someone else from Charlotte wasn't called up for this trip given the state of things. Also, not a fan of TVR being on the top line at all. Feels it was unfair to him for them to even try it.

Oh God. When was the last closed door? The last one I remember was when Cam like smashed his stick or something

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
They're having an identity crisis I think, and a trade will have to happen to figure it out. Are they a scrappy defense first team that grinds out wins? Rod would like that but realistically they'd probably need a legit starting goalie for that to work; another reliable defenseman wouldn't hurt either. Are they a run and gun wins high scoring games team? They'll need to replace dougie's scoring and still add from there. Adding only Williams, as much as I love him, isn't enough there.

Theres time to figure it out and I dont think either direction is the wrong decision but they need to pick one and start rowing soon. They could very well hit 100 points and still miss the playoffs.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The downside of Williams' return is that scratching a different guy every game and having changed lines every game, may have affected cohesiveness. Granted, the loss of Hamilton means the D is a mess and STL is a great team so they can make teams look bad, but the Canes just seem to be a bit chaotic right now, and not just this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad