GDT: Faulking Reunion in STL

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Meh, we're just an average team with a lot of young and inconsistent players, one of our best players is injured, and we're playing one of the best teams in the league. Our "#1 goalie" is barely playing above Darling level, so I'm not too surprised anymore. It sucks there's a really good chance we're going to miss the playoffs barring at least one big run after the season we had last year but hopefully we make some better moves this offseason than we did last offseason
We have a losing record against only one division. Guess which one the vast majority of the games the rest of the way are against.

This was never going to end well for us.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Jesus **** Rod... coach for **** sake... pep talks only work so long... stop trying to spread the offense out... Svech Aho turbo... Haula, nitro, dzingle, put the offensive black holes nino, mclovin staal on the same line and play sparingly
I think it's pretty clear the pieces here might not have a chance to work.

Too many people being shoehorned into positions they aren't suited for. Why the hell Staal keeps getting the minutes he does is beyond me.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
What's really frustrating is how good the team actually is... like theyre on pace for one of the best years in team history. But this year it might not be enough

Reactions: Tryamw

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC

Too many people being shoehorned into positions they aren't suited for. Why the hell Staal keeps getting the minutes he does is beyond me.
A lot of teams live off 1 fantastic offensive line... we can do it and still have a decent 2nd line... McGinn staal nino no where close to the top 2

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
What's really frustrating is how good the team actually is... like theyre on pace for one of the best years in team history. But this year it might not be enough

If only we were an NBA team, guaranteed playoff spot right now, especially in the weak-ass East.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

The thing about pace is that it tends to drop when you play like shit for about a month. According to the stats updated yesterday, we’re projected to finish with 98 points. Which, yes, could get you into the playoffs on a normal year.

But that projection is obviously going to drop as we continue to lose games. And considering most of our schedule is against Metro opponents (who are all playing better than us right now), then losing lots of games seems like a likely path this team will take.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

Agreed.

Too many people being shoehorned into positions they aren't suited for.

Agreed.

Why the hell Staal keeps getting the minutes he does is beyond me.

Eh. Who else deserves it? Honestly, Staal is about the only guy on the team playing his role well right now. He is what he is. This is a down year for him offensively, but he's a big, goofy oaf on skates. He hits, he cycles, he defends, he wins faceoffs.

My problem is with Haula, Dzingel, Gardiner and Nino bringing *none* of that to the table. Necas looks like a hot mess when he's not scoring. Aho has been off all year. Thank heaven he's scoring goals from out front or he'd be a total disaster. TT is great, but can disappear when the team needs him most. Williams is still getting his legs back, but he's 38. Edmundson, TvR and Fleury are all overrated third-pairing guys.

Literally *nobody* has stepped up for us this season (well, maybe Svech but we knew that was coming). And don't even get me started with the toughness. I'd like to see some guys get a mean streak in this third period, but I'm not holding my breath.

These are the guys I feel that we can count on for 100 percent effort and GAF factor every night: Foegele, Svech, Staal, Martinook, Slavin, Pesce. End of list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad