Faulk trade targets

snowmustgo

Mar 8, 2018
As an islanders fan, im trying to figure out Faulks value.

How would you guys feel about Nelson, Aho, 2019 2nd rd pick.

Both ahos on one team would be fun but he is actually a promising offensive dman. we just need help right now.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I don't like the idea of selling low on Justin, unless we're packaging him together with somebody like Rask or even Skinner in order to catch a bigger fish.

I think at this point perhaps it's time to stop thinking of it as "low" for Faulk and start thinking of it a "new normal" post-Malone for Faulk.

It's been more than 15 months...I don't think we're going to see Faulk return to form entirely. He's a step slower, which makes it harder to get where he needs to utilize his shot, harder to get back in transition, and harder to stay on his man.

I don't think it's getting better than this.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I think at this point perhaps it's time to stop thinking of it as "low" for Faulk and start thinking of it a "new normal" post-Malone for Faulk.

It's been more than 15 months...I don't think we're going to see Faulk return to form entirely. He's a step slower, which makes it harder to get where he needs to utilize his shot, harder to get back in transition, and harder to stay on his man.

I don't think it's getting better than this.

That’s what we thought about Eric Staal after the knee injury. How’s that going?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, as I mentioned in the other thread, I'd look at moving Faulk + for a center that can help now and calling it a day. If that doesn't happen, they shouldn't feel that uncomfortable going into the season with a forward roster of what they have.

Also, I'm possibly blanking here, but what's the wing depth chart look like, and who plays/can play "out of position"? How correct is this?

LW: Skinner, Aho, McGinn, Rask, PDG, Ferland, Martinook
RW: Skinner, Teravainen, McGinn, Williams, Svechnikov, Ferland

I think moving Aho to center, if he's capable, addresses a lot of the forward issues. It gives Skinner the opportunity to continue to play sheltered minutes (and hopefully with players he trusts), if you roll something like

Rask // Aho // Teravainen
Ferland // Staal // Williams
Skinner // Necas // Svechnikov
Martinook // XXX // McGinn
PDG

Flip some names where necessary. The defense is still awkward, but I kind of like this forward lineup.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, as I mentioned in the other thread, I'd look at moving Faulk + for a center that can help now and calling it a day. If that doesn't happen, they shouldn't feel that uncomfortable going into the season with a forward roster of what they have.

Also, I'm possibly blanking here, but what's the wing depth chart look like, and who plays/can play "out of position"? How correct is this?

LW: Skinner, Aho, McGinn, Rask, PDG, Ferland, Martinook
RW: Skinner, Teravainen, McGinn, Williams, Svechnikov, Ferland

I think moving Aho to center, if he's capable, addresses a lot of the forward issues. It gives Skinner the opportunity to continue to play sheltered minutes (and hopefully with players he trusts), if you roll something like

Rask // Aho // Teravainen
Ferland // Staal // Williams
Skinner // Necas // Svechnikov
Martinook // XXX // McGinn
PDG

Flip some names where necessary. The defense is still awkward, but I kind of like this forward lineup.

100% agreed. I think winning the lottery took away some of the urgency to make a massive splash in adding a goal scorer.

I’m up for any moves that will make the team better, but after adding Svech and making the deal with Calgary, no more major moves are 100% necessary except to acquire a goaltender.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Hey everyone! I was wondering if you would be interested in something around Tierney and Faulk. I actually was thinking a three way deal since you guys probably don't want Braun and he would probably be included or traded somewhere else. FLA fans were willing to do a 1st for Braun recently so maybe we trade Braun to FLA for 1st then package something like Tierney+1st+2nd for Faulk? For those who don't know, Tierney took a huge step this season. He solidified himself as a good two way playmaking center. I know that you will ask if he's so great why move him? Well basically with so many centers (Thornton, Couture, Hertl, Pavelski, Tierney, possibly Tavares) one is available. Tierney is the one that would be moveable especially if we get Tavares. The way I see it is Tierney could replace Lindholm to an extent and this trade would give you a couple extra high picks. The main problem I could see with this is if you are okay with Staal-Rask-Necas/Teravainen down the middle and Tierney is an RFA. He will probably sign for around 2M or so. Also if this isn't enough/doesn't fit a need, is there any deal with the Sharks that you would do for Faulk?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00