Friedman: Faulk to Anaheim being worked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
This is the longest “worked on” trade in a while.”

Faulk might not want to sign an extension until it's clear whether or not the NHLPA will opt-in or out of the current CBA on Sunday. That decision could affect the structure of his new contract.

Or, his agent hasn't been able to get acceptable terms from the Ducks that would convince him to waive his NTC. If Provorov just signed for $6.75M, I don't see how Faulk can ask for any more than a shade over $6M on his next deal. We'll see.

Regardless, Faulk is more than likely dealt before the season, preferably to me, for Kase or to some other team not on his veto list. I'm confident he's played his last game as a Cane.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Faulk is better than vatanen by a pretty decent margin. We got rid of vatanen to get a center because we were weak down the middle.

Im not saying bm has made the best moves last couple years... and faulk will increase our offense.... anywho done respondin to you, because its a waste of time

Faulk is not nearly as good as Vatanen, I assure you.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Yah the old bum who can’t carry a team anymore? He’s deadweight. One of the kids better step up or Ducks are swimming in circles this season literally.....

This is the worst take I've seen on here in a long while. Care to elaborate on how Ryan Getzlaf is dead weight or are we just saying crazy things for the fun of it? The plumbers bleach is bubbling garbage doors!

Reactions: Getz2noone

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
When other teams heard Faulk and Kase were available, GMs probably started throwing other offers for them which is now messing up this supposed deal.

I suspect it still goes down, but we may see more pieces move than just a 1-for-1.

It doesn't seem that it is the trade value that is holding things up...rather, it is Faulk's desire to come to Anaheim and/or whether the two sides (Faulk/Anaheim) can come to a contract extension agreement.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
It doesn't seem that it is the trade value that is holding things up...rather, it is Faulk's desire to come to Anaheim and/or whether the two sides (Faulk/Anaheim) can come to a contract extension agreement.

perhaps, but we've also heard many stories where a GM makes a move and doesn't tell his buddies and everyone is saying, wtf I could have made a better offer for that guy but didn't know about it

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
perhaps, but we've also heard many stories where a GM makes a move and doesn't tell his buddies and everyone is saying, wtf I could have made a better offer for that guy but didn't know about it

It's all speculation but clearly it seems there was a deal in place between Anaheim and Carolina pending Faulk's acceptance to go to Anaheim. That was not a secret. Assuming that deal falls through, I'm sure Carolina will get other offers from around the league for Faulk and the same might be true for Anaheim with Kase.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Is there another team out there that has the need for a Top 4 RHD, the cap space to acquire him without sending undesirable money back and the competitive motivation to offer a good return? Anaheim stands out in that way.

On the flip side, is there another Top 4 RHD available that fits Anaheim's needs? Ristolainen's name is out there, but the fit is perhaps more questionable and the acquisition cost may be more.

It could be this trade or bust for both sides.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Is there another team out there that has the need for a Top 4 RHD, the cap space to acquire him without sending undesirable money back and the competitive motivation to offer a good return? Anaheim stands out in that way.

On the flip side, is there another Top 4 RHD available that fits Anaheim's needs? Ristolainen's name is out there, but the fit is perhaps more questionable and the acquisition cost may be more.

It could be this trade or bust for both sides.

Colorado

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
When other teams heard Faulk and Kase were available, GMs probably started throwing other offers for them which is now messing up this supposed deal.

I suspect it still goes down, but we may see more pieces move than just a 1-for-1.

Thinking the same. And that’s what’s scary for Anaheim. Murray may overpay for Faulk, when all it does on the team is a small upgrade on defense with what they already have.

Curious what other pieces may be moved from Canes perspective as well. Does Anaheim take on a bad contract to make it happen? Things are looking complicated now with more moving pieces.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Thinking the same. And that’s what’s scary for Anaheim. Murray may overpay for Faulk, when all it does on the team is a small upgrade on defense with what they already have.

Curious what other pieces may be moved from Canes perspective as well. Does Anaheim take on a bad contract to make it happen? Things are looking complicated now with more moving pieces.

The only "bad" contact in Carolina would be Reimer. Not sure how that would help get the deal done.

Reactions: SlavinAway

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
all it does on the team is a small upgrade on defense with what they already have.

Who is close to him beside the 3 fixures? I mean the Ducks have more or less 3 positions open for guys like Del Zotto or prospects like Guhle, Mahura, Larsson (all lefties) and the new Finn.

And you think Faulk is only slightly better than anyone of them? Well, it must be Holzer then.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Is it worth paying a good price for Faulk when they have Johnson, who is on ice at camp after his shoulder surgery, and Makar? Sakic is a very patient GM, too.

Yeah, that's fair for sure. I think it depends on what they think their year will look like. Johnson's health is a question mark and Makar, while super talented is very young. They traded Barrie bc he had one year left and was going to cash in big in the off season. They were able to parlay him into a valuable asset in Kadri. They could get Faulk to re-coup some of the D that they lost but at a much lower price and don't have to commit to him if they don't want or could trade him at the deadline if they have a down year. Not saying they will do it, because of the reasons you mentioned but I'd say there's a fit there.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Yeah, that's fair for sure. I think it depends on what they think their year will look like. Johnson's health is a question mark and Makar, while super talented is very young. They traded Barrie bc he had one year left and was going to cash in big in the off season. They were able to parlay him into a valuable asset in Kadri. They could get Faulk to re-coup some of the D that they lost but at a much lower price and don't have to commit to him if they don't want or could trade him at the deadline if they have a down year. Not saying they will do it, because of the reasons you mentioned but I'd say there's a fit there.

Emphasis on that. They fall into the buy-low group for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad