Friedman: Faulk to Anaheim being worked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Most of the most dangerous citys in the USA are in the midwest(St Louis), northeast(Baltimore) & south east (New Orleans).
The area around Anaheim within Orange County is safe compared to rest of California. Even LA Lakers legend Magic Johnson lives in the OC instead of LA.
Some of our cities are the safest in terms of urban areas: Lake Forrest, Mission Viejo, Irvine are among the safest cities in america that have 90K+ people.
I would put Chicago at the top of the list

United Center and Blackhawks practice rink weren't in the nicest area when I was there last year

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Been out to OC a few times, and Anaheim my first time back in March. From what I saw, it’s a great area, especially the beaches like Laguna and Newport.

You guys should not have to defend your city or county. I live right outside of NYC, so I’ve seen it all, from homeless people in the street to high taxes, lol.
Newport appears to be popular place for Athletes & even actors (Nicolas Cage). I recall there being LA Lakers star players that have lived in Newport Beach.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Newport appears to be popular place for Athletes & even actors (Nicolas Cage). I recall there being LA Lakers star players that have lived in Newport Beach.

When I come over in Nov, staying in Disney have vacation club there at the Grand Californian Spa and Resort, and we will be going to three Ducks games that week and on the between days we will be driving to Newport and Laguna Beach to walk around on the fancy strips filled with cafes, restaurants and art galleries. One of my favorite restaurants on the Laguna strip was Tortilla republic. I need to check out some other places that looked really good. (Any recommendations?) This all while also hitting the parks at Disney. The original Disneyland. So yeah OC is trash. Who are we kidding? Lol

I have only scratched the surface of Anaheim and heard there are other great spots that I need to check out. I also go to Tampa/Sarasota FL a lot and got the same kind of vibes when in OC. Except the weather is a little cooler and not as humid as FL.

I think Justin Faulk is missing a great opportunity. Not knocking NC, been there also several times and it’s nice but it’s a different kind of living, had a cousin who lived there for 2 years and then moved back to NYC. Faulk may have his family to think about and wants what’s best for them also. But think it’s silly to say he would not consider Anaheim because it’s trash.

Last edited:

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Yes, much more preferable to be hit by a hurricane.
So you prefer earthquakes over Hurricanes. Besides Raleigh is 200 miles inland They will not get the storm surge of a hurricane. All they will receive is basically rain and the threat of Tornadoes.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
So you prefer earthquakes over Hurricanes. Besides Raleigh is 200 miles inland They will not get the storm surge of a hurricane. All they will receive is basically rain and the threat of Tornadoes.

Not only are you wrong about California, you are also wrong about Raleigh. Hurricane Fran decimated Raleigh. Stop with the petty tribalism/dualism. Every area has its upsides and downsides. Both the Anaheim and Raleigh areas are great places to live.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Not only are you wrong about California, you are also wrong about Raleigh. Hurricane Fran decimated Raleigh. Stop with the petty tribalism/dualism. Every area has its upsides and downsides. Both the Anaheim and Raleigh areas are great places to live.
Decimated is a pretty strong word. Raleigh hasn’t been decimated by a hurricane.

I lived through it. Outages, some flooding, tree downs, etc but no where near the city being destroyed. Infrastructure issues weren’t very high.

Reactions: MinJerkBen

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Decimated is a pretty strong word. Raleigh hasn’t been decimated by a hurricane.

I lived through it. Outages, some flooding, tree downs, etc but no where near the city being destroyed. Infrastructure issues weren’t very high.

I lived through it. Power was out for 2 weeks. School was canceled for over a week. There were so many trees down on every single road that it was impossible to drive around. Flooding was rampant.

Decimated was a hyperbole, but it is more apt a description "some rain and threat of tornadoes" (what I responded to).

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I lived through it. Power was out for 2 weeks. School was canceled for over a week. There were so many trees down on every single road that it was impossible to drive around. Flooding was rampant.

Decimated was a hyperbole, but it is more apt a description "some rain and threat of tornadoes" (what I responded to).

Decimated is as much of misrepresentation of Fran as some rain and a threat of a tornado. Only a few places can claim decimation or as an “apt description,” Raleigh isn’t it.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Oh I would definitely take earthquakes over tornadoes.

Just out of curiosity, are you saying you'd generally rather be in an earthquake as compared to a tornado, or are you making an overall risk assessment of being affected by an earthquake in Anaheim as compared to a tornado in Raleigh? If it's the former, I'd agree. As to the latter, I'd take my chances in Raleigh way before Anaheim. While not completely immune to tornadoes, Raleigh isn't exactly Tornado Alley.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I've lived in both areas I went through a 7.4 and 6.5 in 1992 in California and I lived in Raleigh from 2000 to 2015. So I do know what I'm talking about little one.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
When I come over in Nov, staying in Disney have vacation club there at the Grand Californian Spa and Resort, and we will be going to three Ducks games that week and on the between days we will be driving to Newport and Laguna Beach to walk around on the fancy strips filled with cafes, restaurants and art galleries. One of my favorite restaurants on the Laguna strip was Tortilla republic. I need to check out some other places that looked really good. (Any recommendations?) This all while also hitting the parks at Disney. The original Disneyland. So yeah OC is trash. Who are we kidding? Lol

I have only scratched the surface of Anaheim and heard there are other great spots that I need to check out. I also go to Tampa/Sarasota FL a lot and got the same kind of vibes when in OC. Except the weather is a little cooler and not as humid as FL.

I think Justin Faulk is missing a great opportunity. Not knocking NC, been there also several times and it’s nice but it’s a different kind of living, had a cousin who lived there for 2 years and then moved back to NYC. Faulk may have his family to think about and wants what’s best for them also. But think it’s silly to say he would not consider Anaheim because it’s trash.
Dana Point harbor, Dana Point is Laguna Beaches neighbor to the south. I remember there being a good restaurant there at the harbor somewhere.
I grew up there, could get to everything in town on a bicycle.

San Clemente has the pier & several beaches. There is the San Juan Mission tourist attraction in San Juan Capistrano.

Reactions: Leonardo87

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018

And I lived through the tornado that hit Holly Springs around 2012. I was without power for 3 days. Maybe you should understand with a Hurricane you have warning, With an Earthquake you have disaster without warning.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
And I lived through the tornado that hit Holly Springs around 2012. I was without power for 3 days. Maybe you should understand with a Hurricane you have warning, With an Earthquake you have disaster without warning.
I routinely live without power for 3 or more days..... it’s called camping.

I love what started out as a sarcastic little joke, making fun of all that has been on the news about homeless on the street, make so many people who need emotionally support hamsters to make it through the day go crazy.

If my sarcastic remark upset you then I'm sorry. you are so thin skinned.
I love today’s society, where people with the emotional level of a psychopath routinely attempt to belittle those who have actual empathy. As though empathy and emotional depth were a weakness or disease.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I routinely live without power for 3 or more days..... it’s called camping.

I love today’s society, where people with the emotional level of a psychopath routinely attempt to belittle those who have actual empathy. As though empathy and emotional depth were a weakness or disease.
It's only cool to act like that under the protection of anonymity.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This thread has become pathetic and if you're adding to it I don't know what to tell you

Reactions: wraparound

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Just out of curiosity, are you saying you'd generally rather be in an earthquake as compared to a tornado, or are you making an overall risk assessment of being affected by an earthquake in Anaheim as compared to a tornado in Raleigh? If it's the former, I'd agree. As to the latter, I'd take my chances in Raleigh way before Anaheim. While not completely immune to tornadoes, Raleigh isn't exactly Tornado Alley.
Both I guess. Earthquakes are so infrequent, at least the bad ones, that it's not something to really worry about. I don't have any stats to back this up, but I've always assumed tornadoes were much more destructive are more common than earthquakes.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8

Yes. Earthquakes are fun, last 10 seconds, and only destroy/flood your home about 0.1% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad