Proposal: Faulk+(?) for Jacob Trouba... Does it work?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Most ideal thing is to swap Trouba for a lesser defensive defenseman that's not a black hole on offense. But if we have to take another offensive guy back then so be it. Beggars dont often get to be choosers.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Agree on Barkov or Trocheck, those guys are not getting moved.

I like Pulock, but I think Dobson is the all situations guy I'd rather have. He's not ready this season, but could possibly look good with Morrissey for a long time. Pulock would be a great Myers replacement though. I guess Trouba+ for Pulock + Dobson is getting too greedy? :naughty:
Staple, who is about as credible as any nyi source, does not think the isles are in on Trouba.
He repeats what Lou and Trotz have said: this season will be about evaluating the players in the organization ( before committing big $).

An Unclear Plan For The Defense Leaves The Isles In A Precarious Position

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Would depend on the orgs assessment of Bellows I guess, hard for me to say. I'm not sure another winger in the system would be preferred.

I don't think a guy like Dobson is off the table for a guy like Trouba though. It would Dobson+ if we're moving Trouba. But they would have to be looking to improve their team right now, and I wonder if that's still the case with Tavares moving on.
Yeah,Dobson drawing scouting comparisons to Seth Jones is off the table for 2 yrs of Trouba who imo will be eying Fl and Michigan if he hits the ufa market.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Yeah,Dobson drawing scouting comparisons to Seth Jones is off the table for 2 yrs of Trouba who imo will be eying Fl and Michigan if he hits the ufa market.

I would agree as it appears the Islanders are not looking to compete right now. And after losing Tavares for nothing, I could see the Islanders not spending assets right now for sure.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agree on Barkov or Trocheck, those guys are not getting moved.

I like Pulock, but I think Dobson is the all situations guy I'd rather have. He's not ready this season, but could possibly look good with Morrissey for a long time. Pulock would be a great Myers replacement though. I guess Trouba+ for Pulock + Dobson is getting too greedy? :naughty:

Pretty sure that's too greedy unless that + with Trouba is way bigger than we would even want to whisper to ourselves. :laugh:

Something around Pulock + Wilde might be possible.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Would love to make a deal with Florida would like to include Petan and or Lemieux.Players of interest Hawryluk,Borgstrom,Tippet,Pysyk,Petrovic
One of the 2 D would be a filler for our D core.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Two years of Trouba is hardly a rental, particularly when Trouba already owns a home in Fort Lauderdale just 3km from the BB&T Centre.

Winnipeg Jets' Jacob Trouba pays $1.4M for Auberge Fort Lauderdale condo

You're right. No to Barkov.

Ekblad?
View attachment 133087
Considering the chatter about his tradr preferences having at least somewhat of a connection to where she's studying, I thought she'd be better-looking. I think I did better with my wife and I'm a fat-ass with bad teeth and earn 55x less money than him.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Would love to make a deal with Florida would like to include Petan and or Lemieux.Players of interest Hawryluk,Borgstrom,Tippet,Pysyk,Petrovic
One of the 2 D would be a filler for our D core.

Matheson would be sweet too

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
What is it with your fanbase always trying to find ways to get Barkov?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad