Proposal: Faulk+(?) for Jacob Trouba... Does it work?

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I know there is speculation for Faulk leaving Carolina...

I see two RHD that both have two years of control left at very similar cap hits. Faulk is a Minnesota boy, so could mesh well with the locker room. Offensively, more production could be expected.

Would a trade revolving these two make sense?

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I see two RHD that both have two years of control left at very similar cap hits. Faulk is a Minnesota boy, so could mesh well with the locker room. Offensively, more production could be expected.

Not sure why Carolina would do this. I would think they would want to move Faulk for more punch on offense, rather than another RHD.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Not sure why Carolina would do this. I would think they would want to move Faulk for more punch on offense, rather than another RHD.
Carolina got through trades a kind of an extra defenceman in Fox - if he signs with them. Or did he already sign? I don’t in fact know. But if he would sign, then I’m pretty sure that Faulk would be pretty much dispensible for them.

But honestly even though I’m not a big fan of Trouba’s game, I have to say that getting Faulk for him sounds really pretty bad. Faulk is honestly pretty much a defensive liability and even his offensive game seems to have dried up a bit, or at least last season didn’t look that great for him offensively. I watched every single game that Carolina and Winnipeg played last season, so I think I got a quite trustworthy picture of how Faulk plays and how he is compared to Trouba or other Jets defencemen. Wouldn’t like this too much as a trade honestly.

Reactions: Halberdier and GNP

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

We add Wheeler and they add Staal and two first-round picks.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'd definitely be interested in that - I think if we lose Trouba we have to replace him with another D

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
If traded part of the deal has to include Faulk removing the "U" from his name.

Who puts a "U" in Falk? The hand written letters of complaints to the Daily Bonnet would be overwhelming.

The Daily Bonnet | Your Trusted Source for Mennonite Satire

Speaking of the Bonnet, this just in...Washington's Madison Bowey brought the Stanley Cup home to Plum Coulee, MB & used it to serve borsht at fastba

Church Ladies Put in Hours of Overtime to Clean Out All the Sorrel and Beet Greens from the Stanley Cup - The Daily Bonnet

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Not to mention they should be a salary floor team with their attendance. Do they really want a guy who is determined to be overpaid (like pretty much every UFA) at the earliest opportunity?

Reactions: Ippenator

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
At the end of the day nobody is going to trade a defensive equivalent for Trouba. They get no benefit from it. So we either trade Trouba for a forward, or trade trouba at a loss for a defenseman.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
My thought is if Carolina is looking to bolster their offence/personnel changes to adjust the "Culture"... it could essentially be a trade to:

- As eluded above... culture change for Carolina
- Bring in Trouba to flip for offensive pieces to build out forward corps..

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I wonder what that would take, maybe Trouba + 1st + Lemieux? Even that might not be enough, I dunno
A rental a 1st ( late 1st) and ahler (4th line upside) for barkov. Don't think this is even close.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
A rental a 1st ( late 1st) and ahler (4th line upside) for barkov. Don't think this is even close.

Two years of Trouba is hardly a rental, particularly when Trouba already owns a home in Fort Lauderdale just 3km from the BB&T Centre.

Winnipeg Jets' Jacob Trouba pays $1.4M for Auberge Fort Lauderdale condo

You're right. No to Barkov.

Ekblad?
Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 8.36.44 PM.png

Reactions: Jet and Halberdier

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

Ya, Barkov is as close to untouchable as it gets. Scheifele level untouchable. Florida has a lot of nice pieces tho, if they are actually interested in getting Trouba which they might not considering they have Ekblad as a #1 rhd for a long time.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

Ya, Barkov is as close to untouchable as it gets. Scheifele level untouchable. Florida has a lot of nice pieces tho, if they are actually interested in getting Trouba which they might not considering they have Ekblad as a #1 rhd for a long time.

Reactions: nothingbutrum

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Man you really love Staal haha
Staal as a D center is what Lowry is or strives to be with much more O and he uses his size much better than Lowry does. He's a Stanley Cup champ, a good PKer, a leader, and at 6' 4" and 220 lbs., a force to reckon with as a center and would fit right into the Central. Every time I see him play it looks like they can't find a uni big enough for him. He looks like a giant beside Aho and Teravainen.
I'd give them Trouba and Wheeler for Faulk and Staal with one 1st if they ate 2m of his 6m contract.

Last edited:

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Staal as a D center is what Lowry is or strives to be with much more O and he uses his size much better than Lowry does. He's a Stanley Cup champ, a good PKer, a leader, and at 6' 4" and 220 lbs., a force to reckon with as a center and would fit right into the Central. Every time I see him play it looks like they can't find a uni big enough for him. He looks like a giant beside Aho and Teravainen.
I'd give them Trouba and Wheeler for Faulk and Staal with one 1st if they ate 2m of his 6m contract.

I'd be ok with that if it was Little/Perrault instead of Wheeler. But that's a pretty big difference in value so Carolina probably doesn't. But really I don't know if the Jets need another (better but older and expensive) Lowry. Hmm interesting to think about tho

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
How’s about we keep Trouba so we can play Defense, I have a feeling he will eventually become better Offensively than Faulk once Byfugliens minutes continue to expire and Myers walks(or possibly Byfuglien).

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Prying Barkov out of Florida would be a great scenario.

That would be sweet, but not really possible, sadly. Barkov is having a steal of a contract, even better for the Panters than the one Scheifele is having for the Jets.

On the other hand, Trouba would like to move into Florida. At least his girlfriend would love that idea. I guess she is the reason why Trouba wants to get out of Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad