Farabee blindside on Perreault (Update: 3-Game Suspension) )

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Wow 3 games? That's a bit harsh...wow Cernak gets 2 for injurying Dahlin for 5+ games with a concussion and this was more of a blow from behind that happened to be a concussion rather than a direct hit to the head.

Reactions: Chainshot and Jtown

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Good call. Luckily Perreault wasn't seriously injured, ridiculously late hit. Reminded me a bit of the hit Bobby Farnham threw on Jaskin, just not quite as bad.

Reactions: The Expert

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Wow 3 games? That's a bit harsh...wow Cernak gets 2 for injurying Dahlin for 5+ games with a concussion and this was more of a blow from behind that happened to be a concussion rather than a direct hit to the head.

and this is what I am talking about! Cernak hit Dahlin in the head caused a direct concussion and only gets 2 games. Those are the worst type of hits in the game today. Those are the hits that need to be punished. Not a late interference penalty

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
NHL punishing the flyers three times harder than every other team in the league. Shocker.

NHL is a joke. Consistency my ass.

Reactions: Lurch

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
and this is what I am talking about! Cernak hit Dahlin in the head caused a direct concussion and only gets 2 games. Those are the worst type of hits in the game today. Those are the hits that need to be punished. Not a late interference penalty
Why on earth should an extremely late and retaliatory hit that caused a "direct concussion" not be punished? You are being a massive homer.

thats true. And if farabee wanted to he could have really smoked Perrearult. However he clearly held back and for good reason.
This is the hardest hit Farabee has thrown in his career, why do you keep spewing this drivel about him holding back? He was angry and he hit him as hard as he could.

Farabee interfered with him should have been penalized but the suspension is 100 percent due to a fluke injury.
The injury is 100 percent due to a dirty hit. Would you call the Konecny concussion a fluke injury? That's what I thought.

Last edited:

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
If he wasn't illegally checked he wouldn't be in concussion protocol.
Hitting is part of hockey. Being able to protect yourself from hitting is part of hockey. If you fail to do that by setting yourself up for a dangerous situation it's 50% your fault.

Reactions: 1865

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
no. People want to see an entertaining game. One of the more unique aspects of hockey is the hitting and fighting . Allowing athletes to show emotion can be quite exciting as a fan. What the nhl has focused on instead is increasing scoring....which has led to a drop off in attendance numbers as well as ratings.
Just because it sells doesn't make it right, though.

That being said, three games is a lot.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
I get the complaints about consistency but that hit was worthy of suspension. There was no hockey reason to make it. The puck was long gone. It was clearly a predatory hit made just to hurt. I'm not going to feel sorry for someone who did that. Don't make a dirty unnecessary hit and you won't be subjected to the DOPS random punishment generator.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Yes harsher penalty compared to other hits but I think DOPS ought to be giving theses penalties more often. It was not a hockey play. It was intent to injury. Perreault looks like he will be out for more than three games.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Why on earth should an extremely late and retaliatory hit that caused a "direct concussion" not be punished? You are being a massive homer.
Is 1 second really considered "extremely late" these days? It was late and I think it deserved a game but people making it sound like this was 2-3 seconds after he released the puck are out of their minds.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I don't want to make a debate about the lenght, but the suspension was 100000% deserved.

In every case, even in the one where a player is obviously targeting the head of another player, you could make (by being just a bit good at it) an argument that he was aiming for shoulder/chest and ''by accident'' ended up hiting the head.

But in this case, even the crystal clear water isn't as crystal clear as the intent to injure on this play.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Is 1 second really considered "extremely late" these days? It was late and I think it deserved a game but people making it sound like this was 2-3 seconds after he released the puck are out of their minds.

By league rules, anything past 0.6 seconds (so less than a second) after puck release is considered late.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Just outlaw hitting and be done with these DoPS debates. They never get a punishment right anyway. Then I can go back to not caring about the sport again.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
By league rules, anything past 0.6 seconds (so less than a second) after puck release is considered late.
I already agreed that it was late and deserves a game. I disagree with labeling a hit that was less than 1 second after Perreault released the puck as "extremely late".

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I already agreed that it was late and deserves a game. I disagree with labeling a hit that was less than 1 second after Perreault released the puck as "extremely late".
Except the NHL/DoPS does and it is actually one of the things they are consistent on. I would even say the lateness is what drove the number of games up.

Totally fine with 3 games as a starting point but we all know that won’t happen.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Except the NHL/DoPS does and it is actually one of the things they are consistent on. I would even say the lateness is what drove the number of games up.

Totally fine with 3 games as a starting point but we all know that won’t happen.
Late ≠ Extremely Late

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
It was late and it was hard. The player should be aware of his surroundings but the intensity was just unnecessary. 2 games is what I give not 3 but maybe the message gives players pause for clocking a player late and hard.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Late ≠ Extremely Late

Baby, we had this exchange already with another guy. You know me, I'm a Flyers fan, that was really goddamn late. I'd have preferred 1 or 2 games, but basically any casual observer knew that hit was a suspension before Perrault even hit the ice. It was bullshit, and it's pretty damn indefensible.

Let's move beyond seconds. When the puck leaves Perrault's stick, he's right along the boards in the corner. Farabee is still above the goal line. Like, c'mon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad