Farabee blindside on Perreault (Update: 3-Game Suspension) )

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

Late, was assessed a five minute major and a game misconduct for interference. Have to think there is more coming for this one. Que the people that say I have no idea what I’m talking about... this is a terrible hit

There’s something to be said about admiring your pass here, but this is way, way, way late. He’s completely ineligible to be hit. I think it will be a single game suspension. What a remarkably stupid play by Farabee. Cost the team the game and why?

Last edited by a moderator:

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
There’s something to be said about admiring your pass here, but this is way, way, way late. He’s completely ineligible to be hit. I think it will be a single game suspension. What a remarkably stupid play by Farabee. Cost the team the game and why?

They don’t seem to be giving one game suspensions.. if it’s get something (it absolutely should) it should be at least two. IMO, three because this is worse than others that got two

Reactions: egelband and hn777

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Farabee just caught the break of his life last night when he fought Folino from Minnesota,

Folino could have absolutely beat Farabee to death BUT laid off and stopped swinging ( look up interview and video ) stating that he won the fight and didn't want to keep going and hurt the kid.

Now, 1 day later Farabee pulls this crap ???

Maybe he needs to get the crap beat out of him bad so he learns his lesson about safety and cheap shots

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The fact that it was blindside is an aggravating factor on the late hit. I would have said 2 for such a hit, but he already got the game misconduct, so 1 more on top. There would be no further action if it wasn't a blindside hit.

Reactions: hn777

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
It was very late but the hit itself was nothing egregious. It's not a blindside hit because Perreault is looking over his shoulder but his body is facing Farabee. Perreault even looks in the direction of Farabee for a split second before looking over his other shoulder. Shoulder to chest impact. Nothing wrong with the hit itself, but the timing of it was awful.

If they're going to suspend/fine him it's based purely on the interference factor.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The lack of head contact probably saves Farabee from a lengthy suspension here, but it's a terribly dumb hit nonetheless. I think he'll end up getting two or three games.

Reactions: hn777

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't know about a suspension, but that was definately worth the 5 mins. Absolutely no place in the game for that.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Way past the window of being a legal check and player got injured.. are you saying this deserves only a fine or that is your expectation? That’s a big big difference. Don’t see how anyone can say the five minute major and misconduct is enough for this. It’s vicious
Basing it on your past post history, you are severely overreacting, again, as usual.

5 and a game is the right call for a hit that would be completely legal had it not been a second late. He hit Him right in the chest. The only reason it’s “blindside” is because perreault was looking backwards

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
Basing it on your past post history, you are severely overreacting, again, as usual.

5 and a game is the right call for a hit that would be completely legal had it not been a second late. He hit Him right in the chest. The only reason it’s “blindside” is because perreault was looking backwards

He was looking backwards because... gasp, get this... he’s not eligible to be checked here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad