GDT: Fantasy Hockey 2022-2023 All Leagues Info!

What time would you like the draft to start?

• 1pm draft time!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 3pm draft time!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 5pm draft time!

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I think we should take a hard look at changing some of the stats for next year. Some of these stats are pretty bad for fantasy sports.

PIMs should be removed, as should SHP and FW. PIMs and FW are a pointless stats for fantasy, Shots on Goal should be added and Blocked Shots should be added, these will both give defenseman more value and eliminate the false value that some guys have just because they got a random shorthanded point or got into a fight the night before so they racked up some PIMs.

This will probably fall on deaf ears but these are serious considerations we should take. PIMs and FW has no place in fantasy hockey in 2023.

Because of shorthanded points you had Scott Laughton finish 42nd overall in rankings. :laugh:

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
So are we serious about changing any stats for the upcoming season? I think there's definitely a discussion to be had
nope!

I like the stats we have cuz it balances the effect of the scoring categories so we're not getting trampled by those who snag the two oilers

That and it makes chasing the records meaningful

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Shorthanded points and PIMs are silly IMO and drafting any single player doesn't lock in a victory for you in any league, ever.
And they can and have totally turned things around for teams that looked like they had no chance going into Sunday.

Drafting Bergy every year made me an almost lock, and there that goes lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad