GDT: Fantasy Hockey 2022-2023 All Leagues Info!

What time would you like the draft to start?

• 1pm draft time!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 3pm draft time!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 5pm draft time!

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Sir you got the wrong hombre. I conceded faceoffs at the draft. My strategy this year was specifically to let you have that.

@CHGoalie27
6514957A-8541-47D5-8B56-8BA7785FD011.jpeg

❤️

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
My luck rn… I started Vanecek against Forsberg (I own both goalies rn) knowing fine well that the match wasn’t going to be a goaltending one. But I was banking on racking up the win. I literally joked to myself that this scenario would happen… they’d both let in a lot of goals, one would get injured and then their backup would come in to win it.

Alas.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Somebody is trading me Barkov for Jamie Benn straight up..

Jamie Benn is extremely hot right now, but it's Barkov so I do accept?

My leagues for players are
Goals, assists, points, +-, PIM, SHG, PPP, GWG, Shots, Faceoffs, Hits

Barkovs having a kinda slow start by his standards so far this season am I missing something here? Does he know something I don't?

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Somebody is trading me Barkov for Jamie Benn straight up..

Jamie Benn is extremely hot right now, but it's Barkov so I do accept?

My leagues for players are
Goals, assists, points, +-, PIM, SHG, PPP, GWG, Shots, Faceoffs, Hits

Barkovs having a kinda slow start by his standards so far this season am I missing something here? Does he know something I don't?
Jamie Benn is 33 years old and has put up greater than a point per game once or twice in his career. If that’s all it costs to get Barkov, 27 years of age and has virtually always been a point per game or better in his career, your answer is obvious.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Is Yahoo weird or am I blind? I got an email saying there's a proposed trade but when I go on the page for our league I don't see anything...

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
I have one too many goalies. Looking to trade for a good defenseman and multi-position forward. Make me an offer please, and don’t offer two centers 😂

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
?

This final round is two weeks for some reason :(

Can't recall it being two weeks before. Don't like it.
It’s not done? Lol, I played my last game a week ago and was on a bye week. How can Yahoo keep it going for another week when the last NHL games are on Thursday and good players will be sitting?

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I think we should take a hard look at changing some of the stats for next year. Some of these stats are pretty bad for fantasy sports.

PIMs should be removed, as should SHP and FW. PIMs and FW are a pointless stats for fantasy, Shots on Goal should be added and Blocked Shots should be added, these will both give defenseman more value and eliminate the false value that some guys have just because they got a random shorthanded point or got into a fight the night before so they racked up some PIMs.

This will probably fall on deaf ears but these are serious considerations we should take. PIMs and FW has no place in fantasy hockey in 2023.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Short handed point has a place as a good way for a tie breaker in an otherwise even week. But I wouldn’t be mad if it gets replaced with something else as most weeks it’s useless.

Penalty minutes has always been part of any fantasy hockey I’ve ever played. Some of the guys with biggest pims are actually forwards. It’s a versatile stat just like your suggested shots in goal.

I do agree on SOG, I think it’s a better stat than FW since it’s something like PIMs that takes your whole team into account and not position specific like FW.

Blocked shots would fall under the same category of FW as being rather position specific for the most part. So replacing one with the other is a lateral move…

I definitely vote for SOG to be incorporated into next year’s stat.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Short handed point has a place as a good way for a tie breaker in an otherwise even week. But I wouldn’t be mad if it gets replaced with something else as most weeks it’s useless.

Penalty minutes has always been part of any fantasy hockey I’ve ever played. Some of the guys with biggest pims are actually forwards. It’s a versatile stat just like your suggested shots in goal.

I do agree on SOG, I think it’s a better stat than FW since it’s something like PIMs that takes your whole team into account and not position specific like FW.

Blocked shots would fall under the same category of FW as being rather position specific for the most part. So replacing one with the other is a lateral move…

I definitely vote for SOG to be incorporated into next year’s stat.
My vote for shot blocks being incorporated does emphasize defenseman a bit more but I think it's kinda required. Centers don't need that added relevance of faceoff wins because they already have goals and assists that make them valuable.

Defenseman, apart from the elite group of 6-8 guys on an annual basis, usually don't rack up that many points. Makes them less valuable and less intriguing to draft. I think blocked shots helps lift a position that is often seen as a leftover in fantasy hockey.

Just my two cents.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
1681527249769.png

HF Panthers Yahoo Fantasy League....

ACKNOWLEDGE ME!

Great season my friends, the competitive side to that everyone has brought throughout the years really makes it all worth it. You guys make it a true honor for me at least.

@Beezer hell yeah brother, great close match🍻

In regards to next season. We haven't changed anything in like a decade, keep it the same as there's a reason it's been this way. The SHGs PIMs and faceoffs level it out so the people who pick the best power play guys don't run away with it.

Now who are my next victims coming up from the B league???

• Love
Reactions: JP Mick and Laus723

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
My vote for shot blocks being incorporated does emphasize defenseman a bit more but I think it's kinda required. Centers don't need that added relevance of faceoff wins because they already have goals and assists that make them valuable.

Defenseman, apart from the elite group of 6-8 guys on an annual basis, usually don't rack up that many points. Makes them less valuable and less intriguing to draft. I think blocked shots helps lift a position that is often seen as a leftover in fantasy hockey.

Just my two cents.
Except wingers take draws at times, some guys have to shift over due to injury, that stat is more than “one position,” and utilizing it correctly can put you ahead of the pack.

And defensemen get points outside of the top guys, look at Montour, Sergachev, Dunn, hell Zadorov got 14 goals this year.

View attachment 688782
HF Panthers Yahoo Fantasy League....

ACKNOWLEDGE ME!

Great season my friends, the competitive side to that everyone has brought throughout the years really makes it all worth it. You guys make it a true honor for me at least.

@Beezer hell yeah brother, great close match🍻

In regards to next season. We haven't changed anything in like a decade, keep it the same as there's a reason it's been this way. The SHGs PIMs and faceoffs level it out so the people who pick the best power play guys don't run away with it.

Now who are my next victims coming up from the B league???
All hail!

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Sweet! Congrats and welcome to the show!

¿Woulda ya mind posting the standings por favor?
Thanks!

Final standings- team-league points

1-Panteras-359
2-CoolioFunk-321
3-RadekBonk is 76-291
4-Boothinator Chillers-252
5-Gizmo Check Hard-311
6-Benched-266
7-Big Bjugs-201
8-Pukboys-200
9-Mogo’sMob-236
10-AwesomePanthers-203

Good season y’all! Was fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGoalie27

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Congrats to the champs!
I don’t mind leaving the stat categories as is, but I wouldn’t mind adding blocked shots.
That's how it is in the twitter league. Same stats, plus blks, same champ 😁

Rather just keep it how it is. Would be easier to compare Bure to McDavid if both had the same two line pass rule, y'know?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad