Fantasy GM Thread | Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
So we havent lost a player to Seattle yet but we have 17.5M left to sign Pettersson, Hughes, and 5 more players? WTF is going on

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
So we havent lost a player to Seattle yet but we have 17.5M left to sign Pettersson, Hughes, and 5 more players? WTF is going on

Technically they'll have a little more once Ferland and (sounding likely) Beagle go on LTIR. But it's still going to be tight, and there isn't a lot of room to improve the team.

Reactions: Dave Lister

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
8445416.jpg

Reactions: Dave Lister

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Technically they'll have a little more once Ferland and (sounding likely) Beagle go on LTIR. But it's still going to be tight, and there isn't a lot of room to improve the team.
I have a hard time believing Beagle’s injury is of the 6-9 month variety or we’d have heard something concrete. He played 13+ his last game.

I think the Space they’ve created is via a Holtby buyout.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I have a hard time believing Beagle’s injury is of the 6-9 month variety or we’d have heard something concrete. He played 13+ his last game.

I think the Space they’ve created is via a Holtby buyout.
Imagine being such an amazing drafting gm that you buyout a guy you signed 6 months ago.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Can't have fun playing fantasy GM with this predictable moron in charge. Pearson signing is another reminder of why it isn't fun to be a fan of this team right now.

We all know this idiot's moves long before he does them and we all know they're mistakes at least 6 months before he does it. Can't have fun playing fantasy GM when you know every transaction in advance and they're all bad.

Can't enjoy the draft knowing the talent is going to get suffocated under the weight of 40 million in garbage on the roster.

Can't enjoy free agency knowing the bad contracts with too much money and term on players with better reputations than on ice ability are coming.

Can't look forward to next season because one look at capfriendly is a reminder that hope of being a contender is at least two years away.

This team is a constant reminder that nothing, no draft picks, not even two superstars on ELC's, can save bad management from ruining teams.

Even when posters in this thread come up with interesting ideas of what we could do to salvage our situation, play around with the expansion draft or our LTIR this season, underrated targets for acquisition, and move the team forward... most responses are like "Jim can't count to three without using four of his fingers, so he won't be able to use that creative idea".

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It's weird that they have said so little about Beagle's injury. Wonder if it's a neck or back thing like Dorsett. Most other injuries are pretty straight-forward. Hopefully not concussion-related.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It's weird that they have said so little about Beagle's injury. Wonder if it's a neck or back thing like Dorsett. Most other injuries are pretty straight-forward. Hopefully not concussion-related.
yes it sound like a degenerative issue if their discussing possible career ender. Maybe a hip knee or back that needs a major surgery.

I'm completely spit ballin here though. Hadn't heard anything before but wouldn't be surprised with how hard he's had to play to carve a career.

As much as i never liked the contract Jay Beagle is a quality teammate and a cool dude that works his ass off. I want the cap space but i want the best for Jay also

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Is it fantasy land to be hopeful Benning/Brod are great be after this season? It’s just looking more and more like our owner is sticking with these guys. Doesn’t make sense, considering the mess, but it sure looks that way.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
JB just said it would be wrong to trade guys given what they are going through. That they are human beings after all.

Nothing is gonna happen

brock hughes007

Sep 12, 2019
victoria
JB just said it would be wrong to trade guys given what they are going through. That they are human beings after all.

Nothing is gonna happen
As it should,,wait till the off-season, and draft before doing anything..this season is a wash anyways..the only trade deadline thing I see this moron Benning doing is handing Sutter another deal...

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site

So basically same spiel as last off season... tough decisions to make. Ie wait too long and get back led into a corner. Then piss everyone off and roll with same-ish lineup again (less a few good pieces that we actually need).

Reactions: PM and 3rd Sedin

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

So basically same spiel as last off season... tough decisions to make. Ie wait too long and get back led into a corner. Then piss everyone off and roll with same-ish lineup again (less a few good pieces that we actually need).

Brock Boeser hasnt been a loser for just over a month now. Pettersson and Hughes are f***ing losers I guess

Great :shakehead

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina

I can’t believe I haven’t seen this quote being talked about as much. This was an epically stupid comment even by Benning’s standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad