Fantasy GM Thread | Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Cajun

Mar 3, 2021
So Imac saying this morning that there are a lot of teams interested in Tanner Pearson. Please god, for once, let this team manage their expiring assets the way they are supposed to. Trade Pearson for the best offer you can get. If you really want to sign him back, shoot your shot to re-sign in the offseason

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site

This is a prime example of how to move dead cap space (Connolly type contract)... attach a later pick and 2 younger players that are not top end prospects.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Plugging one hole and springing another..

Is the valuation at least appropriate

Bowen Byram is the young player I want the most of this team, Colorado is gonna have some cap issues when they need to resign Jost, Makar and Landeskog.

If we took back Grub?

I only propose it as we don’t have anything else Colorado needs. I’m a big Demko fan but you can get by with adequate goaltending and you can’t get anywhere with lousy Defense

Bob Cajun

Mar 3, 2021

This is a prime example of how to move dead cap space (Connolly type contract)... attach a later pick and 2 younger players that are not top end prospects.

Florida creating cap space, not that they really needed it. Have to assume they are looking at picking up some D, because wow, does their back end look rough without Ekblad

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016

Bowen Byram is the young player I want the most of this team, Colorado is gonna have some cap issues when they need to resign Jost, Makar and Landeskog.

If we took back Grub?

I only propose it as we don’t have anything else Colorado needs. I’m a big Demko fan but you can get by with adequate goaltending and you can’t get anywhere with lousy Defense

Would be extremely tempting for both teams I think. Demko to Colorado would be setting them up for a dynasty IMO. Byram could be exactly what we need on D for the next decade. I almost feel Colorado needs to add (assuming Grub is a cap dump). Demko is the more proven commodity.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I wonder if OJ could have that value of a prospect that intrigues a rebuilding team like Chicago to take some cap. Borgstrom is a similar type of prospect.

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn’t mind claiming Caggiula. Only makes 700k and having another body might make a Pearson trade easier.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

If we took back Grub?

Agreed that the valuation is appropriate...Not sure I agree that 'adequate' goaltending is good enough, especially after looking at teams that have been let down by their goaltending for years (Oilers, Leafs and Flames)...especially in the playoffs.
At some point though, the Canucks are going to have to acquire a blue chip D-man, and it wont be cheap.

Reactions: m9

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Agreed that the valuation is appropriate...Not sure I agree that 'adequate' goaltending is good enough, especially after looking at teams that have been let down by their goaltending for years (Oilers, Leafs and Flames)...especially in the playoffs.
At some point though, the Canucks are going to have to acquire a blue chip D-man, and it wont be cheap.

The draft

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Canucks can't even consider a Demko - Byram swap because the next in line hasn't played a game of hockey for 12+ months.

Reactions: PM

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I don't think Avs can fit Miller in their cap structure. Grubauer Landeskog and Makar are due for big raises and they'll be losing a guy like Saad already.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Finding it hard to even get excited for this trade deadline. Won’t be the same. Can’t imagine there will be a ton of deals. Not to mentioned Canucks will probably do nothing so there’s that too..

Reactions: David71

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Finding it hard to even get excited for this trade deadline. Won’t be the same. Can’t imagine there will be a ton of deals. Not to mentioned Canucks will probably do nothing so there’s that too..
Sutter for a 4th with 50% retention gets me excited. Or straight up for a 6th round pick

Reactions: lindgren
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad