Fantasy GM Thread | Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Alright so now with the Manson rumor, which RD that's allegedly available this deadline/summer should we be targetting?

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Alright so now with the Manson rumor, which RD that's allegedly available this deadline/summer should we be targetting?
Manson would be perfect with Hughes if the Canucks want to play that pair against top lines. Or he’d be perfect to have on a shutdown pair to free up Hughes for softer minutes.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Manson turns 30 in 6 months. Acquiring him would be the sort of move you'd expect to make if you were a contender who just needed a little push to climb the mountain, but that's just not where we're at right now.

Reactions: lindgren

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
double post

Attachments

• EyY_JkCUUAEqn38.jpeg
    EyY_JkCUUAEqn38.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: sting101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Manson turns 30 in 6 months. Acquiring him would be the sort of move you'd expect to make if you were a contender who just needed a little push to climb the mountain, but that's just not where we're at right now.

Fair enough. I honestly thought he was a year or 2 younger lol

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
wonder what type of injury beagle has? maybe he goes on ltir/ or retires..
I don’t mind Beagle as a PK face off fourth line centre, who is paid <1 million. It’s his contract that makes him so unpalatable.
Who plays that role for us if Beagle can’t? Please don’t say bringing back Sutter?

Reactions: Get North

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I don’t mind Beagle as a PK face off fourth line centre, who is paid <1 million. It’s his contract that makes him so unpalatable.
Who plays that role for us if Beagle can’t? Please don’t say bringing back Sutter?

cheaper options on ufa market. im sure.

Krejci
Spezza
Soderberg
Getzlaf
Backes
Staal

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
cheaper options on ufa market. im sure.

Krejci
Spezza
Soderberg
Getzlaf
Backes
Staal
Aside from being a pretty meh list, out of them all only Soderberg maybe comes to play for a western Canadian team at this point in their careers.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

Don't think this management group would care about his age. In fact it seems they want their veteran core to be around 30 YO.

If Benning is still around this summer he'll do what he always does and that's "do what's necessary to make the team better."

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Don't think this management group would care about his age. In fact it seems they want their veteran core to be around 30 YO.

If Benning is still around this summer he'll do what he always does and that's "do what's necessary to make the team better."

Our defense is made up of 30 year Olds, so Manson would fit right in.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I have a crazy trade idea

Demko to Colorado for Bowen Byram

we get a hella legit defensive prospect and the Avs get the goaltender to keep them Western Favorites for 3-5 years

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I know his contract isn’t ideal, but I’m certainly going to feel lousy for Beagle if he’s got a long term injury that is going to effectively cost him his career. Never how you want to see anyone’s career come to an end. Hope he’s alright.

Reactions: Nucker101

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Too late for Manson. No more 30 year olds. Save cap, get picks, use picks to draft players, use rookies and minimum salary players to plug holes until we have management who can manage our cap effectively.

Reactions: vanuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad