Fantasy GM Thread | Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Any chance we could get Radek Faksa? He is a big defensive 3c that can take pressure off of Horvat and chip in offense.

Faksa is a player I’ve long thought would be ideal. He didn’t have a great season and Canucks Army thinks he’d cost a 2nd round pick. Would do that trade in a heartbeat but unsure if we see any Van - Dal trades for a while.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Faksa is a player I’ve long thought would be ideal. He didn’t have a great season and Canucks Army thinks he’d cost a 2nd round pick. Would do that trade in a heartbeat but unsure if we see any Van - Dal trades for a while.
Well i don’t think I’d give up the 40 overall this year for him.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Well i don’t think I’d give up the 40 overall this year for him.

This year's 2nd might is a bit much but I'd probably pull the trigger as I've been a huge fan of this player for a while. I'd say a mid range 2nd (45 - 55) is reasonable but he's on a good contract and fits our needs so well.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
For a team that is in serious cap troubles they will most definitely move Cernak and or Foote to get rid of those contracts. they have no choice

Cernak should be a target for us, and avoid thr Seth Jones sweepstakes at all costs.

I wonder what TBL would want in return?

Throwing it out there would Motte and a low round pick get it done? They’ve shown a taste for speedy, hard checking cost controlled forwards.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Cernak should be a target for us, and avoid thr Seth Jones sweepstakes at all costs.

I wonder what TBL would want in return?

Throwing it out there would Motte and a low round pick get it done? They’ve shown a taste for speedy, hard checking cost controlled forwards.
No it would not..
Tampa is not trading Cernak. They will trade Foote or ABB to lose Johnson in expansion, then trade killorn or gourde for whatever they want and be no worse off really.

Reactions: Nucker101

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
One possibility is throwing a low pick or prospect at Toronto for Kerfoot. His salary isn't ideal but that also means we can basically pluck him for very little, especially since he's all but guaranteed to be taken by Seattle otherwise.
Cant have Kerfoot Beagle and Pearson for ~10m.
That is more Benning, we want to go less Benning.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I think Jost should be our target for 3C and Severson should be our target for a top 4 D. I think NJD would gladly take a first round pick in 2022 or 2023 for Severson and I think Colorado is going to expose/trade Jost and give Newhook a shot

Reactions: HockeyWooot

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
What do you guys think of trading a 2022 2nd for Copp? and signing Armia for 1.5

Armia-Copp-Podkolzin could be a good big body defensive 3rd line.

I don’t like how many 2nds we’ve given away over the years as we’ve drafted some good players at that range (Demko, Hoglander). I am a fan of Copp though and his game, is he going to be available and just for a 2nd?

I like Armia (actually thought he’d be a good fit with Pettersson last year) but given how much space we have tied up in the bottom 6, are we going to shred some cap in parallel?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad