Fantasy GM Thread | Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
By the way sire, is Miller or Horvat able to play against edmonton tuesday? I read somewhere that miller is able..... but is horvat?

Horvat will finish his 5 day quarantine in Nashville tomorrow, and then he'll be subject to what CBSA decides when he crosses the border into Canada, likely 10 more days.

Miller should play Tuesday if everything goes right.

Reactions: Coachcorner

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
who do you have in mind?

I'm not opposed to the idea and think that they need to decide on Garland or Boeser before long as Podkolzin will be a top6 soon and could replace one of them but it's really hard to find a deal like Duclairs as he was struggling and needed to mature and bet on himself as many teams were not that interested because how long he was ineffective for.

I would assume the ask from AZ would be Hoglander for Crouse to accommodate their rebuild

Someone that I would be looking at in free agency is Nino Niederreiter. There are bigger name free agent forwards this year and if he misses the July 1st teams blowing there loads, could probably be signed to a reasonable deal. If not him look for the best available forward.

For Boeser I would be looking for futures. Cap space is also an asset there. The futures can be used to trade for a D, and like MS said you have the cap space to go after a Hampus Lindholm.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Horvat will finish his 5 day quarantine in Nashville tomorrow, and then he'll be subject to what CBSA decides when he crosses the border into Canada, likely 10 more days.

Miller should play Tuesday if everything goes right.
Ok sire and thank you mucho gracias for the answers. Amazingly long it takes for horvat to be able to play it seems....... Miller will make this team better tuesday though. Clearly.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Horvat is another player we need to make a decision on. He is a center so I would like to keep him, just not at 7m+.

You definitely need to keep Horvat if you trade Miller. He isnt just a C he is our only faceoff guy and the leader of this group of players.

Reactions: MS

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
You definitely need to keep Horvat if you trade Miller. He isnt just a C he is our only faceoff guy and the leader of this group of players.

I agree. The way his game is trending though I just don't think he is good value at anything more than the Landeskog contract.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Hot take that I've been trying to convince myself isn't true. Horvat has declined 3 seasons in a row (19-20 empty net points inflate his totals) and plays 1st line minutes to produce mediocre 2nd line results.

Same dude. This is coming from someone that got his jersey in his rookie year and has a Horvat based username. At his best he is a 60 pt center. But you're right. The way he is been playing, if he is payed much more than he is now then he wouldn't be worth it. He will get a raise though. Were kind of damned if you do damned if you don't though, as we need a center and he is a leader. If we bring him back he will be overplayed though. Let alone in 5 years.

I know everyone wants us to draft a D this year, but I wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted another center.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He is not a highly valuable asset at 7.5M and Crouse wouldn't be the main piece of that trade.
What is the main piece then?

The op was crouse and a 2nd for BB.

Which is trash. I can't believe i have to argue that.

Acquire Crouse for something else.
Sell brock to the highest bidder, easy.

Im willing to bet my house would be better than lawson crouse and a 2nd.

This is a nonsense waste of time discussion about a bad proposal to begin with.
Unless ppl want to get less for the assets we do have to add to our overflowing cupboards.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
A bunch of people seemed reasonably content with a return of Othmann or Schneider plus a late first for Miller. I was arguing with them for pretty much a whole day.
Those people would probably be the ones okay with a bottom 6 energy player and 2nd round pick for Boeser too.

Id think you and Melvin would both be arguing against this hypothetical return:

To team Z: Miller and brock boeser
To the Canucks: crouse, othmann, 40th overall, 27th overall.

Like cmon. I can't believe im wasting my time on this, the return for those two should be nearly triple that.

If we want to acquire crouse im all for it, but not for Boeser.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
What is the main piece then?

The op was crouse and a 2nd for BB.

Which is trash. I can't believe i have to argue that.

Acquire Crouse for something else.
Sell brock to the highest bidder, easy.

Im willing to bet my house would be better than lawson crouse and a 2nd.

This is a nonsense waste of time discussion about a bad proposal to begin with.
Unless ppl want to get less for the assets we do have to add to our overflowing cupboards.

the main piece that you get back is cap space.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
There's so many ways to create cap space other than selling low on one of the assets we do have.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
5 pages of discussion for a trade Arizona would never do lol

Crouse has garnered interest from the eastern contenders which will likely result in a bidding war. He going to get the Foligno, Goodrow, Coleman trade package

So Arizona of all teams is going to be willing to qualify him at 7.5, hope for a bounce back on their dismal team with no centers and trade him at the deadline for a similar package that Crouse likely gets this year?

A guy like Kubalik or one of Chicagos defense prospects seems more realistic. Tolvenan from Nashville is another one

Reactions: MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sorry WHAT!???? You know we’re talking about Brock Boeser right….Boeser is negative value after this season? What the actual **** did I just read :laugh:

Any player can become negative value if their contract outweighs their performance.

If Brock Boeser continues to stumble along to a 40 point season and requires a $7.5 million QO, yes, he will likely be a negative value asset.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Technically there is no way Boeser will be a "negative asset" when the season ends as the team will have the right to simply not qualify him if they choose.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Boeser is a very one-dimensional scorer who hasn't really been scoring at a great clip, when he isn't scoring he isn't adding much else to the lineup...selling low isn't ideal but signing him to a large deal when he's playing at this level isn't ideal either.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Boeser is a very one-dimensional scorer who hasn't really been scoring at a great clip, when he isn't scoring he isn't adding much else to the lineup...selling low isn't ideal but signing him to a large deal when he's playing at this level isn't ideal either.

It makes absolutely no sense for Boeser to sign long term when his value is the lowest its ever been either. Someone mentioned a 5yx6m deal. Boeser will get half of that if he just accepts his qualifying offers. He can then get much more than the remaining 15m on the open market if he rebounds.

1 dimensional scorers aren't a priority in a capped league. It's why multiple teams have traded Phil Kessel. Great player that will put up a lot of points. But do you want them at 7-8m?

This summer there are a lot of forwards available as well. A few could be available for good value after teams blow there load on the headliners. Nino Niederreiter or Reilly Smith for example. I'd rather have them+assets+cap space than Boeser.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I would ... probably make that trade?

Crouse at the ~$4 million he'd get is a far better asset than Boeser at $7.5 million plus we'd be adding a pick.

Brock Boeser is not a very good asset anymore.
It's weird that you think Boeser is worth this, but JT Miller aka turnover machine/braindead play every 3rd shift is worth the Gretzky package.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Crouse is a *far* better player than slow, lazy Nick Ritchie and a very good, heavy middle-6 forward.

I'm not a fan of Boeser. He's a worse player now than when he was a rookie and is basically another Jordan Eberle. Slow, soft, no motor, low compete level. Floater. Will get you 50 or 55 points as a secondary scorer but isn't remotely worth his QO. If you want to move this cap-strapped team forward the first thing you do is dump this player and re-invest that money into better players.
50 or 55 points but has scored at a 66 point pace on his career which includes the seasons where he was nowhere close to 100% because of injuries still affecting his play.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Hot take that I've been trying to convince myself isn't true. Horvat has declined 3 seasons in a row (19-20 empty net points inflate his totals) and plays 1st line minutes to produce mediocre 2nd line results.

But deep down inside you know it's true. This is a player the team needs to move on from asap. Moving Miller over Horvat is crazy to me but here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad