Fantasy GM Thread | Miller Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Fair trade for both, the equivalent here is Jack Rathbone but the difference is that Ty Smith has had a couple NHL seasons already under him.

Maple Leafs signing Jarnkrok is terrible, they would have been better off trading for Dickinson.

Reactions: Braeden

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
I think the current management under estimated the long term damage that Benning left this club in when they agreed to take over.

Also only the first 2 guys listed are must resigns then Kuz and Hogs depends, last 5 guys are entirely replaceable and the bargain bin UFA market will probably be just as strong as it looks this year.

The real problem with resigning Miller will be his age at some point in an 8 year contract.
Kuzmenko was over a PPG in the KHL. I think he is a must to re-sign. Höglander is only 21 and is still developing. He is a must to re-sign as well imo.

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
I still think Kadri is holding this whole thing up. Once teams know they can’t get their free asset/if their arrivals improve, that’s when the dust is settled and we can trade. Nobody is trading assets away if they think they can nab Kadri.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
No kidding as most contending teams have no way to really clear the space.

Quick look at capfriendly shows about 14 teams that could realistically take on salary.

Ducks, Coyotes, Sabres, and Blackhawks for cap dumps.

Flames, Jets, Predators, Islanders, Stars, Sharks, Devils, and Senators are all trying to get better.

No idea what the Kraken actually want to do.

So I think there is actually a lot of potential for movement if all these teams even make one move. It seems that the Flames, Predators, Islanders, and Stars have to do something if they actually want to compete.

Reactions: racerjoe

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Kuzmenko was over a PPG in the KHL. I think he is a must to re-sign. Höglander is only 21 and is still developing. He is a must to re-sign as well imo.

Look I think it's most likely that they do resign but there are alot of moving parts here with the EP contract up the following year and OEL still being on the books for an extended period of time and the Miller amount and term if he remains a Canuck.

Also Hoglander seems to be in BB's doghouse and if he remains as the Canucks coach maybe they move him?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Everything that has happened so far this offseason just pisses me off about last year.

Also, Kraken seem to know what they were doing afterall making cap space #1 asset.

When they start eating some bad deals, They could rebuild in 3 years.
They already have two #1 potential centers

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Crazy....and there are some fans out there that would have settled on a Marino (being the prime asset) for Miller...We could have used Marino,but I guess that PIT wanted another D man.

...and what I've seen and heard about Ty Smith...it isnt that flattering...definitely a project.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Quick look at capfriendly shows about 14 teams that could realistically take on salary.

Ducks, Coyotes, Sabres, and Blackhawks for cap dumps.

Flames, Jets, Predators, Islanders, Stars, Sharks, Devils, and Senators are all trying to get better.

No idea what the Kraken actually want to do.

So I think there is actually a lot of potential for movement if all these teams even make one move. It seems that the Flames, Predators, Islanders, and Stars have to do something if they actually want to compete.

Do you mean for just this upcoming season or long term on a sign and trade (which is where I'm coming from).

Fair trade for both, the equivalent here is Jack Rathbone but the difference is that Ty Smith has had a couple NHL seasons already under him.

Maple Leafs signing Jarnkrok is terrible, they would have been better off trading for Dickinson.

Or leaving both guys alone?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Do you mean for just this upcoming season or long term on a sign and trade (which is where I'm coming from).

Or leaving both guys alone?

I didn’t do a deep enough dive to disseminate them more so that list is purely the upcoming season. I was just using your post as a jumping off point that there is a potential for a lot of movement this off-season if these teams actually utilize their cap space.

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Let’s just see how he does, first….
For sure. I just think he's going to be a bonafide top 6 player. He has a similar ppg to Tarasenko in his KHL career. Tarasenko has a 0.633ppg in the KHL and Kuzmenko has a 0.635ppg. Will be fun to follow his career.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I saw this trade on the main board and adjusted it a little but it makes a lot of sense.

Kerfoot+Knies+Liljegren+ 1st for Miller @50%, Schenn, and 3rd.

We take on a little cap but get a young cost-controlled right-shot defenceman. That I think is better than both Marino and Schneider.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ah f*** off. That’s so f***ing frustrating.

Pacioretty and Marino this week if only we have f***ing capspace.

Marino as a legitimate long term second pair option, Pacioretty as a guy to replace a theoretical forward trade from the TDL (Boeser, Miller, Garland) that we could have retained and flipped for a first at the upcoming TDL.

f*** that moron Jim Benning, and incredibly disappointed that this new management group didn’t move out salary prior to free agency. Seriously gross.

f***, I am not excited

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009

NJD have Hamilton, Severson and Marino (with Nemec just drafted) on the RHD...Thats an embarrassment of riches right there.

I heard that they wanted Nemec to play in the NHL this season so maybe they're wanting to move Severson...I remember the Canucks being linked to him a few years ago. Wonder if this new management team is interested in acquiring him.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
That trade pretty much takes the Penguins out of the potential landing spots for Miller...

Hamilton.Severson,Marino seems like overkill on the right side...all are top 4...Maybe they're going to part with one of them..?

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Ah f*** off. That’s so f***ing frustrating.

Pacioretty and Marino this week if only we have f***ing capspace.

Marino as a legitimate long term second pair option, Pacioretty as a guy to replace a theoretical forward trade from the TDL (Boeser, Miller, Garland) that we could have retained and flipped for a first at the upcoming TDL.

f*** that moron Jim Benning, and incredibly disappointed that this new management group didn’t move out salary prior to free agency. Seriously gross.

f***, I am not excited
This is a fair rage post

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
It does seem like Marino going to NJ pushes Severson out.

Still floored that NJ would sign Palat to that contract. I can understand signing Hamilton to a big deal even though I'm not that high on him, but this really screws their cap situation up and feels like they were bidding against themselves. Other than Chuck Fletcher, who was rushing to give a 31 year old winger a 5-year deal with a 6M AAV?

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
If anything, this feels like it makes a Miller trade more likely.

Pittsburgh never really had the pieces.

NJ is now overloaded on RHD, and does have other pieces.
New Jersey trading for a 29yo JT Miller with 1 year remaining makes absolutely 0 sense to me. Conor Garland on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad