Fantasy GM Thread | Heatwave Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I wonder how many FA that are still out there have deals in place but are giving a team some time to try to make space etc.?

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Not that this singular view means anything, really, and especially not for a 7-game sample, but found Holl's placement here to be quite interesting.

Still, for a guy that seems to be their version of Tanner Pearson (ie. cap dump that can hopefully be moved without adding an extra asset), maybe there's some value there. Only $2M cap hit for one year (ie. 80% of Tucker Poolman at 1/3 of the remaining term)

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Not that this singular view means anything, really, and especially not for a 7-game sample, but found Holl's placement here to be quite interesting.

Still, for a guy that seems to be their version of Tanner Pearson (ie. cap dump that can hopefully be moved without adding an extra asset), maybe there's some value there. Only $2M cap hit for one year (ie. 80% of Tucker Poolman at 1/3 of the remaining term)

Troy Stecher….

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

I think Holl is a very good player and I'd take him here in an instant.

Reactions: vancityluongo

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Poor Stech, although he didn't exactly have the greatest team to play against for this statistic. When you're defending against McDavid it's hard to keep up with his zone entry speed.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Every year, there is a dumb toronto scapegoat and that player generally performs well when they move on.

Reactions: SiZ

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

Very good player as in top-4/potential Hughes partner, or as in a good bottom pairing Schenn/Poolman/Burroughs upgrade?

I think you were the one that made the Sopel comparison at some point, and during the Tampa series that felt apt.

But he feels like a hard guy to get a real read on because I wouldn't be suprised at all if a 30-year old defenseman heading into his fourth real NHL season after years in the ECHL and AHL is a bit flash in the pan playing on an elite team. He couldn't crack the roster full-time until he was 28; even Alex Burrows played 81 games in his age 25 season.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Very good player as in top-4/potential Hughes partner, or as in a good bottom pairing Schenn/Poolman/Burroughs upgrade?

I think you were the one that made the Sopel comparison at some point, and during the Tampa series that felt apt.

But he feels like a hard guy to get a real read on because I wouldn't be suprised at all if a 30-year old defenseman heading into his fourth real NHL season after years in the ECHL and AHL is a bit flash in the pan playing on an elite team. He couldn't crack the roster full-time until he was 28; even Alex Burrows played 81 games in his age 25 season.

To me he's a solid mid-pairing RHD on a bargain contract.

He's not an ideal fix or a long-term fix here, but if Toronto is getting rid of him cheap, he would do a pretty nice job patching over the RHD situation for next year.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Klingberg dropped his agent and is now with Newport.

No one is touching his likely retirement contract demands. I bet he re-signs in Dallas or goes somewhere like Seattle for a lot less than expected.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Klingberg dropped his agent and is now with Newport.

No one is touching his likely retirement contract demands. I bet he re-signs in Dallas or goes somewhere like Seattle for a lot less than expected.
Isnt he essentially, a less physical Tyler Myers..?

Lets replace Myers 2 years left, with a brand new Klingberg 5-6 year deal ..?....smh

Last edited:
Reactions: Nucker101

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Isnt he essentially, a less physical Tyler Myers..?

Lets replace Myers 2 years left, with a brand new Klingberg 5-6 year deal ..?....smh
Far more talented offensively, far less useful defensively.

Wouldn't make sense to acquire for us, unless you really want the highest event pairing in modern NHL history with Hughes - Klingberg lol. Those guys playing 25 minutes a night means games are 5-5

Reactions: HockeyWooot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad