Fantasy GM Thread | Drop the Puck Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I see MacEwen was waived by Philly. I know we don’t have any room for additional forwards, really, but I like MacEwen a lot. Hope he gets an opportunity somewhere.

It's surprising. Philly fans were really happy with him last year and how he improved over the season.

New coach has new favourites, though, I guess. And almost all 4th liners are a shift in the wind from being out of a job.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Hughes is likely sick, there is a flu/cold virus roaming around right now.

Based on BB's line-up you can basically plug in Boeser/Mikheyev into the line-up and looks like Hughes will play on the right side.

Opening night roster (if all goes well)

Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Podkolzin-Horvat-Garland
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Joshua-Lazar-Hoglander

OEL-Hughes
Rathbone-Schenn
Stillman-Burroughs
Poolman

I am really liking that third pairing

EDIT: looks he was sick

I will say this (non-hockey).

My dad is a retired Doctor and he said that Flu season will likely be pretty big this coming Winter. Get your flu vaccine.

p.s.____________Why do you have Pettersson and Kuzmenko on the 3rd line? Also, if I was the coaching staff, I'd switch Podkolzin and Mikheyev.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Brock better not be rushing back, if he ends up on LTIR if he takes a slash to his hand, his bounce back season will be derailed. Would suck to see.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Karlsson is a huge surprise to me. Only saw highlights...safe to say he makes it due to us having so many injuries or was he *that* good?

Yup, if there weren’t injuries he wouldn’t be here. Do Giuseppe probably would have made the team over him. Karlsson doesn’t look like an NHL player and has been mostly invisible but hasn’t been bad. Hoglander also only has his top-6 spot because of injuries.

Aman actually managed to stand out enough and the bar was incredibly low.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Coyotes have 16.2m in cap space with their set roster.

And buffalo not to be outdone, has 18.6m wow.

I think Vancouver is specifically trying to be last to set their roster.

Last edited:

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Karlsson and Aman made the team.

Nothing leaked yet but deadline passed so will be soon.
Only seems like yesterday when this organization was criticized for not having prospects that could graduate and step into our line-up.

Picks and prospects highlighted in bold:

Garland-Horvat-Podkolzin
Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Aman
-Joshua

Karlsson

OEL-Myers
Hughes-Schenn
Stillman-Burroughs

Rathbone

Demko

Martin

Previous: Markstrom, Stecher, Hutton, Virtanen, Tryamkin, MacEwen, Gaudette.

Last edited:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Only seems like yesterday when this organization was criticized for not having prospects that could graduate and step into our line-up.

Picks and prospects highlighted in bold:

Garland-Horvat-Podkolzin
Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Aman
-Joshua

Karlsson

OEL-Myers
Hughes-Schenn
Stillman-Burroughs

Rathbone

Demko

Martin

Previous: Markstrom, Stecher, Hutton, Virtanen, Tryamkin, MacEwen, Gaudette.
Not sure what youre getting at but we were a bad team for a long time.

Aman is found money it seems but Karlsson wouldnt be on the roster if not for injury

Reactions: rypper

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

the ONLY thing i'm on the fence about is klimovich (adding to get close to the cap. with who's on IR etc.. we are at $82,450,417 so $49,583 of space.

WHY i am skeptical was there was still an option to leave flexibility open (keep the window open) in trying to allocate the ELC bonuses into this season. with klimovich down - we would be at: $81,594,584 - cap hit / $905,416 cap space - which could potentially make it easier to accrue the rest (cut salary) later on if the season isn't trending properly. keeping the bonuses in this season is of equal importance imo.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
seems weird to use klim to paper up when woo makes slightly more and has twice as much in bonuses. would have got them closer to the cap and given them more of a bonus cushion for call ups. maybe the di giuseppe injury eats up some of that 46k tho. it's not really well documented how SOIR works

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
seems weird to use klim to paper up when woo makes slightly more and has twice as much in bonuses. would have got them closer to the cap and given them more of a bonus cushion for call ups. maybe the di giuseppe injury eats up some of that 46k tho. it's not really well documented how SOIR works
couple things, i looked earlier today. if i am reading this correctly - PDG had 39 days in the nhl last year, 0 games. so with 0 games, he counts nothing against the cap. even if it was based on days, he counted for $146,250 - which is too much for the canucks in their set roster - which defaults to games = 0 therefore he = 0

per capfriendly

What is the season opening injured reserve (SOIR)?​

If a player who is on a two-way contract becomes disabled during training-camp or who reports to training-camp disabled as the result of a hockey related injury incurred during the off-season, they can be placed on season-opening injured reserve, to possibly obtain cap relief. It is notable that the SOIR equations are not the same as the daily rate equations in CBA 15.6, which is instead used to calculate the players daily salary (as opposed to cap hit).

Full Cap Hit​

Players who are on a one-way contract, or players on a two-way contract who accrued 50 or more NHL games in the previous season count fully against the cap hit. Teams can opt to place these players on LTIR to obtain cap-relief (LTIR FAQ).

Discounted Cap Hit​

Players on a two-way contract, who accrued 1-49 NHL games in the previous season, count against the teams cap hit; however, the reduced cap hit is calculated as follows:
Multiply the players NHL cap hit by the total accrued NHL days in the previous season, and divide by the total number of days in the previous season (Ex: 186 for 2014-15)

When a player is reactivated to the active roster, their cap hit reverts back to the full rate

Full cap relief​

Players who are on a two-way contract, who did not accrue any NHL games in the previous season, can be placed on SOIR and do not count against their teams cap hit.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
couple things, i looked earlier today. if i am reading this correctly - PDG had 39 days in the nhl last year, 0 games. so with 0 games, he counts nothing against the cap. even if it was based on days, he counted for $146,250 - which is too much for the canucks in their set roster - which defaults to games = 0 therefore he = 0

this is what i assumed also, but it doesn't make sense why they'd use klim instead of woo as the 'paper' callup. woo is a better contract in every way

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
this is what i assumed also, but it doesn't make sense why they'd use klim instead of woo as the 'paper' callup. woo is a better contract in every way
you gotta wonder if there is some rediculously small number that it effects in the short term - but yeah, i don't see anything on the surface as to why :dunno:

i would have liked to leave more money open however under the ceiling (unless they are planning something else once guys get healthy) to offer the best chance to fit as much of the ELC bonuses in this year as possible

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
you gotta wonder if there is some rediculously small number that it effects in the short term - but yeah, i don't see anything on the surface as to why :dunno:

i would have liked to leave more money open however under the ceiling (unless they are planning something else once guys get healthy) to offer the best chance to fit as much of the ELC bonuses in this year as possible

they can't defer the bonuses as long as they are in ltir. they have to move horvat/garland (without taking money back) or the ferland contract to have any hope of covering bonuses this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad