Fantasy GM Thread | Drop the Puck Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
As good of a guess as you'll see. Canucks Army has been been hit-or-miss with cap stuff in the past so we'll see. The SOIR stuff is interesting, one of those rules I've forgotten about.

My take as well. At worst he pretty clearly lays out the rules and how they work. The opening day compliance is probably the most complicated part of the NHL’s CBA.

Reactions: MarkMM

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Cap geek has us 1.5 million above the cap with 22 players on the roster and 5 injuries and 1 LTIR contract, with DiGiuseppi, Myers, Boeser, Dermott and Mikheyev injured and Plasek on the roster, along with 7 D and 13 forwards.

If DiGiuseppi can be sent down while injured, he and Plasek give us the cap space and we can keep Karlsson when Boeser rejoins the game day roster.

If not, the safest way to do this would be to send Rathbone down (ugh) until such a time that we can start sending injured/injury replacement players down.

My longer term solution based on limited viewing of Stillman would be to have he and Dermott sent down (for max cap savings) along with Karlsson (when Boeser is back) Plasek and DiGiuseppi (longer term) and keep Burroughs/Poolman (which ever is not playing) as a spare RHD, have Rathbone back up and keep Joshua as a spare forward to sub in and out with whomever as needed.

With Dickinson gone, we have a little more flexibility, so I am not worried about how we will get cap compliant. I just don't want to lose someone valuable to waivers.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
My take as well. At worst he pretty clearly lays out the rules and how they work. The opening day compliance is probably the most complicated part of the NHL’s CBA.

It is needlessly elaborate. As funny as it was to see the Labrie signing yesterday, those types of moves shouldn't be needed to navigate a "hard" salary cap.

Reactions: Vector

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Wolanin is still a Canuck asset.

kQaAv2L.gif

Can we trade him for a righty with promise?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It is needlessly elaborate. As funny as it was to see the Labrie signing yesterday, those types of moves shouldn't be needed to navigate a "hard" salary cap.

It’s quite the contrast to the rest of the CBA because it’s actually very simple and easy to understand when compared to the way the NFL and NBA’s work.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
the canucks army article is pretty good but the canucks should be able to do way better than just sending down karlsson and rathbone and putting ferland on ltir. that leaves like 1.7 mil in potential cap space wasted

if you just move dermott and myers to regular ir you can start the season with woo and karlsson on the roster and ferland on ltir. you 'waste' about a million in cap. if you start mikheyev on ir too you can add klimovich and get within 100k of the cap. then you demote woo and klimovich and call up rathbone and you have 900k in effective cap space with a 23 man roster

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It’s quite the contrast to the rest of the CBA because it’s actually very simple and easy to understand when compared to the way the NFL and NBA’s work.

I find the NFL's pretty simple, it's just.. different. But yes, outside of this opening day/IR stuff the NHL is pretty basic.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Hughes is clearly injured. The amount of times maintenance days have turned into long or short term injuries is more than I can count. Good to see Garland back, even if he I think he's bang up as well.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Take Hughes out of that line up and man that defence is sketchy. That said, I like Rathbone and Schenn as a third pairing. When all are healthy it will likely be:

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Myers
Rathbone-Dermott
Stillman-Burroughs

That’s actually not that bad. Still an area to improve on but serviceable.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Hughes is likely sick, there is a flu/cold virus roaming around right now.

Based on BB's line-up you can basically plug in Boeser/Mikheyev into the line-up and looks like Hughes will play on the right side.

Opening night roster (if all goes well)

Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Podkolzin-Horvat-Garland
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Joshua-Lazar-Hoglander

OEL-Hughes
Rathbone-Schenn
Stillman-Burroughs
Poolman

I am really liking that third pairing

EDIT: looks he was sick

Reactions: Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I suspect Boeser will be ready for game one but Mikheyev won’t. Most likely see Aman play but Karlsson out. Will be interesting if they keep Karlsson on the roster if he’s not going to get any games.

Still very strange Poolman wasn’t waived just to get more space.

I got sick 3 weeks ago. After one week I developed a sinus infection. Once I started recovering from that I got laryngitis. So now I have laryngitis and a sinus infection. It’s actually why I’ve been so active these past 3 weeks, don’t have the energy to do much more than browse the forum.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Take Hughes out of that line up and man that defence is sketchy. That said, I like Rathbone and Schenn as a third pairing. When all are healthy it will likely be:

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Myers
Rathbone-Dermott
Stillman-Burroughs

That’s actually not that bad. Still an area to improve on but serviceable.

It looks pretty bad to me. I don't see any case to be made for the RD situation. Myers-Dermott-Schenn/Burroughs would be fine as the 2-3-4 on that side; as 1-2-3 that's a seriously weak group.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Hughes is likely sick, there is a flu/cold virus roaming around right now.

Based on BB's line-up you can basically plug in Boeser/Mikheyev into the line-up and looks like Hughes will play on the right side.

Opening night roster (if all goes well)

Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Podkolzin-Horvat-Garland
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Mikheyev
Joshua-Lazar-Hoglander

OEL-Hughes
Rathbone-Schenn
Stillman-Burroughs
Poolman

I am really liking that third pairing

EDIT: looks he was sick

You never want to hear that anybody is sick, but I am glad that Hughes is not injured per se....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad