Fantasy GM Thread | Allvin and the Chipmunks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2018
I’m not really happy with the way this has all gone down so far, they set out a plan to get in line with the younger core and build around it. We have the exact lineup so far and are going into free agency about to add a couple 29 year old free agents (27-35) and the team losing leverage on JT Miller by the day.

Tomorrow I’d like to see us actually add size and speed to the roster, something that has been said they want to build the team around. As of now, I see no imprint or actual plan to change the team, Boeser would have been a great start and it feels like we are just going to go status quo.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Some rumoured movement in Malkin and Gaudreau negotiations. Could see both re-sign with current teams. That leaves Miller and Kadri as the big signings if that happens.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Some rumoured movement in Malkin and Gaudreau negotiations. Could see both re-sign with current teams. That leaves Miller and Kadri as the big signings if that happens.

If that unfolds, and Copp signs with like DET/SEA/NSH, Giroux to OTT, we are looking good. If WSH strikes out on a top C after signing Kuemper tomorrow I think that rumoured package would be attainable.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Random ass twitter person but if there's any legs to this, then great. Same would go for Malkin.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Its looking more and more like Rutherford and Allvin waaay over-played their hand by thinking there would be a bigger market for Miller this summer vs the last trade deadline where they had an offer of 1st and 2 prospects.

Maybe they didnt think guys like Malkin, Gaudreau, Copp, Kadri etc would be available, nor could they have predicted that Chicago would have a huge fire sale and absoloutely sell everyone.

Its looking likely that we are gonna have to swallow the pill and sell Miller at pennies on the dollar which sucks but its better than letting him walk for nothing.

Giving this management team a C- grade so far since theyve been put under the helm.

- failed to create cap space before free agency like they planned on doing
- failed to move Miller at TDL and Draft
- failed to get more draft picks at the draft

Lots of time left with the off-season but it has not looked good thus far.

• Haha
Reactions: RutherPlan

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If Gaudreau signs in Calgary that would be absolutely *massive* for us, and probably repays some of the 2020 favour back.

2-3 teams are lined up on him and will have to pivot quickly if he doesn't hit the market.

Same thing with Malkin, although if he leaves Pittsburgh it does open them up as a destination for Miller.

I've assumed all year that there was zero chance that Gaudreau would stay in Calgary. Crazy.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
If Gaudreau signs in Calgary that would be absolutely *massive* for us, and probably repays some of the 2020 favour back.

2-3 teams are lined up on him and will have to pivot quickly if he doesn't hit the market.

Same thing with Malkin, although if he leaves Pittsburgh it does open them up as a destination for Miller.

I've assumed all year that there was zero chance that Gaudreau would stay in Calgary. Crazy.

God...we're in such a bad spot we're cheering for the Flames to sign their best player instead of losing him back East. Ugh.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Yeah, I definitely thought (and still think) Gaudreau is going elsewhere, and it's not because of money. But we shall see.

It would definitely be good news for us if Gaudreau and Malkin both became unavailable, especially on the heels of Forsberg re-upping in Nashville. Would be delicious to see some of these jackasses come crawling back to Vancouver to try and obtain Miller.

Reactions: David71

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
God...we're in such a bad spot we're cheering for the Flames to sign their best player instead of losing him back East. Ugh.
Meh. I’d rather they keep Gaudreau for a long time as it helps our Miller situation and they won’t win anything any time soon or signal any rebuild.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, I definitely thought (and still think) Gaudreau is going elsewhere, and it's not because of money. But we shall see.

It would definitely be good news for us if Gaudreau and Malkin both became unavailable, especially on the heels of Forsberg re-upping in Nashville. Would be delicious to see some of these jackasses come crawling back to Vancouver to try and obtain Miller.

I still think he'll leave as well, but the fact he's even putting in counter-offers to Calgary right now is surprising to me. I assumed he'd be just peacing out and not looking back.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
MacIntyre put out a few guys the Canucks might chase in free agency. One that I had been thinking of as well is Viktor Rask. He played for Rutherford in Carolina; failed to live up to expectations in Minnesota, but seemed to have a decent finish to the season with Seattle.

EDIT: Calle Jarnkrok was another name that I thought was interesting also.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
MacIntyre put out a few guys the Canucks might chase in free agency. One that I had been thinking of as well is Viktor Rask. He played for Rutherford in Carolina; failed to live up to expectations in Minnesota, but seemed to have a decent finish to the season with Seattle.

EDIT: Calle Jarnkrok was another name that I thought was interesting also.

I'd hard pass on Rask.

He had a decent ES scoring year last year after several poor years, but he's a guy who basically needs to play soft 2nd line minutes to be anything remotely successful. Has no defensive or PK utility, and I'm not sure that's what we want in our C depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia