Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

Avs free up 7m for a playoff run.

They're pushing all in this year with new deals for Kadri etc needed next year.

I think we all know where this could go, if the Canucks don't keep up their current run.

Reactions: LordBacon

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Miller is gone in two years. I truly think he does not want to re-sign here, and even if he would, the contract will be exorbitant - beyond the Landeskog contract for certain.

He's the team's most valuable trade chip. He should be the guy to move.

This. Miller still has a home in Pittsburgh. He’s far from home. He wants to compete now. He’s pricey. Get them futures.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Trade Miller.
Keep Garland, Hoglander.
Talk to Boeser on what he wants. If not, trade him too. (IDK why GMs lack creativity these days. I would ask Boeser where he would like to play. Then I would offer: Take this (cap friendlier) contract contingent on trading him to said destination. Essentially making him a FA.)
Up the development focus in Abbotsford.
Sign college and undrafted FAs.
Try to get rid of bad contracts.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
When I look at Canucks current line up, it looks very close to a playoff contending team.

Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Garland
Podkolzin-Horvat-X
Motte-Lammiko-Highmore

At this point, Canucks really just need to shed some fat like Myers and Dickinson. Sign a euro free agent like Kuzmenko to play next to Horvat, replace Hunt with Rathbone and I would roll the dice with that team.

Hughes and OEL will be the minute munchers for the the defence.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Im getting to the point where I just think that clown Aquilini is going to step in and ask them to buy at the deadline

I just got that feeling.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
When I look at Canucks current line up, it looks very close to a playoff contending team.

Pearson-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander-Pettersson-Garland
Podkolzin-Horvat-X
Motte-Lammiko-Highmore

At this point, Canucks really just need to shed some fat like Myers and Dickinson. Sign a euro free agent like Kuzmenko to play next to Horvat, replace Hunt with Rathbone and I would roll the dice with that team.

Hughes and OEL will be the minute munchers for the the defence.

This team is, actually, a bubble team. As illustrated by currently being on the bubble.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I am weirdly only able to login when using incognito mode. So...give that a try if you're able to read this post but not log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad