Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
HappygoluckyFirmFawn-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: arttk and rypper

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I would really love it if rebuilding our defence became the priority. We should ideally be moving out Poolman, Myers, and Hamonic as you indicate, and seeking two younger, cheaper top-4 dmen, and likely another cheap bottom pairing guy. Hughes, OEL, Schenn, Burroughs, and x, y, z.
Obviously easier said than done.

I was listening to the Canucks Hour on my way into work tonight and part of it stuck out to me reading your post. Drance posed the question that would anyone really be able to make the argument, that when the team is completely healthy would pick having Hamonic and Poolman in the line up over Schenn and Burroughs?

He didn't think so and I have to agree. So that's 5.5m of wasted money. It's kind of shame that Brady Keeper was injured because he could be the x,y,z player you describe.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I was listening to the Canucks Hour on my way into work tonight and part of it stuck out to me reading your post. Drance posed the question that would anyone really be able to make the argument, that when the team is completely healthy would pick having Hamonic and Poolman in the line up over Schenn and Burroughs?

He didn't think so and I have to agree. So that's 5.5m of wasted money. It's kind of shame that Brady Keeper was injured because he could be the x,y,z player you describe.
lxQIWsP0_400x400.jpg

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I'm not agreeing with Benning on anything here.(since he's been fired) .Point out to me where I have...I've only brought up the 'fact' that JR has the same viewpoints on several things..?...Thats it..Its certainly not with blowing a gasket over...It was a discussion point.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the roster just like anyone else is...although I dont see the point in a complete rebuild.
How are they remotely similar?
Jr- focused on long term contender
Benning- making the playoffs
JR- make trades for the long term
Benning - make the playoffs
JR - this is average team propped up by elite goaltending
Benning - this is a playoff team
JR- we will free up as much cap as possible
Benning - why do we need to free up cap?
JR - we will aim to be competitive in 2-3 years

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

are you sure about this? what moves has he done that shows this? we need to see what he does or doesn't do to say that. It seems he's backtracking on the Miller trade and apparently looking to give Boeser away to create cap room, if that happens he may be worse than Benning but I'll hold back judgement until deals are or aren't done after TDL. I hope he does great things for us but no way will I sing his tune when he hasn't done anything.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
are you sure about this? what moves has he done that shows this? we need to see what he does or doesn't do to say that. It seems he's backtracking on the Miller trade and apparently looking to give Boeser away to create cap room, if that happens he may be worse than Benning but I'll hold back judgement until deals are or aren't done after TDL. I hope he does great things for us but no way will I sing his tune when he hasn't done anything.
He just hired a GM 2 weeks ago and then another AGM like a week ago. He has always said that the GM will do that work and he said his focus is on org level things including training facilities.
If you are asking why hasn’t the GM made a move 2-3 weeks into his tenure, the answer should be pretty damn obvious. If they really believe in this roster they would’ve made moves to give them a better chance to make the playoffs. The fact that they have been standing pat while the team is getting “close” should let you know that they are just waiting this out.

And regarding Miller, I am glad they are “pulling back” because the rumored offer sucked. I have always been on the side of trade Miller because I think he can return a lot to help us retool but the rumored return suck hard and I am happy that our new management group is telling teams to pay up or f*** off.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
He just hired a GM 2 weeks ago and then another AGM like a week ago. He has always said that the GM will do that work and he said his focus is on org level things including training facilities.
If you are asking why hasn’t the GM made a move 2-3 weeks into his tenure, the answer should be pretty damn obvious. If they really believe in this roster they would’ve made moves to give them a better chance to make the playoffs. The fact that they have been standing pat while the team is getting “close” should let you know that they are just waiting this out.

There's been a handful of intriguing names come across the waiver wire that could have potentially helped the team depth if they were truly interested in going for it. Standing pat is telling in itself.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
There's been a handful of intriguing names come across the waiver wire that could have potentially helped the team depth if they were truly interested in going for it. Standing pat is telling in itself.
We have been missing a right hand center to help with the PK that is bottom of the league bad. There have been multiple opportunities where we can pickup a guy from waiver to help and our new management team just said nah, we will let our biggest weakness be the way it is.

Reactions: BimJenning

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Again, he never said they were an 'average' team..Other than that most of what you said here is correct....but it has absolutely zero to do with the two comments he made in his last interview..and the comments he made don't, in any way, get in the way in most of these points.(except he is focused on getting in this years playoffs).

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I think it might be significant. A captain, had one amazing playoff series, reputation as a bull, “good Canadian kid”.

Basically this. Also, Horvat has genuinely been pretty good for a while and he plays a lot that pumps up his stats. I'm worried that another bad season after this and the league will catch on.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Again, he never said they were an 'average' team..Other than that most of what you said here is correct....but it has absolutely zero to do with the two comments he made in his last interview..and the comments he made don't, in any way, get in the way in most of these points.(except he is focused on getting in this years playoffs).
And he never said this is a playoff team like Benning did as well so how does his views actually align with Benning’s. The answer is their viewpoints aren’t the same at all and you are basically picking out parts of his quotes to fit your narrative, which is typical of what you do.
sure sounds like he believes in this team right

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
NJD
Boeser
Dickinson

Van
Zacha
Mcleod
Smith

Arizona
Smith/Rathbone

Van
Crouse

Zacha Petey Miller
Crouse Horvat Garland
Hoglander Mcleod Podz
Motte Lammiko Highmore

Hughes Schenn
OEL Myers
Rathbone/Smith Hamonic/Poolman

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
If you are Rutherford/Allvin and your going into this year's trade deadline with two of the five players on the trade block, which 3 players would you keep out of Miller, Pettersson, Boeser, Garland or Horvat?

I think,

Keep - Miller, Pettersson, Garland

Trade block - Boeser, Horvat

Who would you pick?

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If you are Rutherford/Allvin and your going into this year's trade deadline with two of the five players on the trade block, which 3 players would you keep out of Miller, Pettersson, Boeser, Garland or Horvat?

I think,

Who would you pick?
Pettersson and Garland Id keep. But since probably gotta keep one of Miller/Horvat thats a tough one. Horvat is really declining rapidly well we could get a huge package for Miller.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

I think,

Who would you pick?
easy
keep EP Garland and Miller
Bo and Boeser out, they are slower than the other 3

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
On pace for 46 points. Which is pretty f***ing bad when you lead the forwards in ES ice time and play almost 3.5 minutes of pp time per game.
He’s been on PPG pace for like the last 15 games. Won’t be surprised if he continues to put up PPG and end up with 60+ pts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad