Fantasy Football Draft Discussion Thread II

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I like Jorginho, but in the context of this draft I couldn't take him over Dier. He's been a good player for Napoli, but I can't take a twice capped player over an undisputed national team starter with similar club resumes. Dier is also younger, and as I said I think fits my team better eve if he is less flashy.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I would take Dier over Jorginho because nobody here even knows of Jorginho. I know how far I can drop before taking him. Thinking of some of the players not taken so far is making me laugh.

The national team stuff holds no validity though. Like he'd play over Verratti or Marchisio. If Jorginho and Dier were on the same team I would guarantee Dier would not play.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would take Dier over Jorginho because nobody here even knows of Jorginho. I know how far I can drop before taking him. Thinking of some of the players not taken so far is making me laugh.

The national team stuff holds no validity though. Like he'd play over Verratti or Marchisio. If Jorginho and Dier were on the same team I would guarantee Dier would not play.

Italy and England are at a similar level. It's not like saying that he wouldn't start for Italy but he would start for Cyprus. As I said, right or not, in this context, lack of international track record hurts him versus a younger, more established at an international level player.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

This is my opinion exactly. A lot of steals left in Serie A. I was considering Jorginho 100 picks ago but ultimately opted for Paredes style-wise (and Marchisio, who was amazing value and still better than Jorginho when healthy imo).

Italy and England are at a similar level. It's not like saying that he wouldn't start for Italy but he would start for Cyprus. As I said, right or not, in this context, lack of international track record hurts him versus a younger, more established at an international level player.

Italy have a lot more great midfield talent than England.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
England only has two other holding midfielders who could play...one is old, the other would never be picked. Dier is a default selection.

Not naming names.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
England only has two other holding midfielders who could play...one is old, the other would never be picked. Dier is a default selection.

Not naming names.

This may be true, but you also leaving out that Dier is outright better than both of them. Dier is one of the first names in the team sheet.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ziyech, seriously.. I hoped he would fly under the radar a bit more. I wouldd've picked him as my starting AM, over Eriksen with my next pick. He's that good.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I can't believe someone that sees regularly La Liga takes Cancelo over Mario, who is arguably the Spanish best RB. But I gladly take him, I knew he would slip.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Somehow when I was putting in one of the trades a week ago, I accidentally gave a pick to myself that wasn't supposed to be given until 20 picks later. That was pick #203. The draft board has been updated with the correct information.

Everyone should check the first post to see if they have more than 22 picks. Or less. I noticed this when I was looking through all the trades. That is the only one I saw though.

EDIT: Okay, everyone has 22 picks. Trust me I would not do this with any maliciousness. If I was to do that I would have just changed it and not said anything.

Jan 3, 2012
Somehow when I was putting in one of the trades a week ago, I accidentally gave a pick to myself that wasn't supposed to be given until 20 picks later. That was pick #203. The draft board has been updated with the correct information.

Everyone should check the first post to see if they have more than 22 picks. Or less. I noticed this when I was looking through all the trades. That is the only one I saw though.

EDIT: Okay, everyone has 22 picks. Trust me I would not do this with any maliciousness. If I was to do that I would have just changed it and not said anything.

image.php

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
:naughty:

Ajacied took all of my favorite United players. Would've certainly picked up Valencia, Bailly, Blind if they were available.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

OK, so this is me?! I don't care, but I wasn't expecting to pick for a bit and so I didn't check all day today. Sorry for the delay guys. I will try and pick shortly, but I'm just seeing this. I don't think I'm going over here, but please don't rush to pass me up either.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think it's good to check in pretty frequently for this kind of thing. Also don't people have picks prepared beforehand? I always find it weird when someone is up and on but doesn't know who they want yet unless like literally all 5 of the guys they were thinking of taking were taken. Even still though.

Gotta try and keep the draft moving either way. The end is in sight. Kind of. We're over half way I think.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
OK, so this is me?! I don't care, but I wasn't expecting to pick for a bit and so I didn't check all day today. Sorry for the delay guys. I will try and pick shortly, but I'm just seeing this. I don't think I'm going over here, but please don't rush to pass me up either.

Yes, it's your pick.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Again, sorry for the delay guys.

As for what happened, I totally trust you LITN. You're about the only person in this draft I trust. Rest are bunch of greedy... :sarcasm: I actually thought something was up days ago when I saw that I had a big window where I wasn't picking, but I still counted 22 picks and I didn't look up old trades so I just assumed it was part of a trade. Thanks for catching it though. No harm done.

Again, sorry the little bit of an extra delay at the end, but too many players to choose from that I want with plenty to weigh.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just tell me when it's my turn. I'm already confused enough.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Damn. I actually thought Kondogbia would drop further. Wasn't going to take him next, but I had him penned in as my Pogba back-up. That's a nice pick. He's quite good.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Damn. I actually thought Kondogbia would drop further. Wasn't going to take him next, but I had him penned in as my Pogba back-up. That's a nice pick. He's quite good.

It was a really tough pick because like I said there are so many guys to choose from. I was more concerned with missing out on players rather than trying to figure out who to pick.

Thanks. I like him. He's by no means perfect, but I think he gives me some versatility. Crazy how I let DM go unaddressed for so long.

He'd be a nice backup to Pogba for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad