Fantasy Draft Tournament R2

Who would win each matchup head to head?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DatsyukianDekes13

May 22, 2020
You made some good points for Toronto over Montreal. However, this one undermines a good bit of your argument.

Boston has been the better team most post-seasons. Not to ridicule Panda, here is post-season production:

McAvoy 54gp/4g/16a/-2
Ekholm 65gp/6g/24a/+12

If you had called them even, I would say your opinion is reasonable.

Uhh... not sure what to say to this.

My comment about McAvoy had nothing to do with playoffs to begin with, it was instead about McAvoy as a player in general. I honestly dont care if McAvoy has similar playoff numbers as Ekholm does (as 19/20 McAvoy doesnt really represent how good he is now), especially not +/- lol, and his regular season numbers speak for themselves.

McAvoy had a 54 DFF% (+3.9 relative), 51 CF% (+1.1 relative), where Ekholm had a 48.6 DFF% (-2.7 relative), 50 CF% (-1.1 relative). McAvoy has better FF%, GF%, exGF%, etc etc. I could throw in a bunch of charts and more advanced stats to prove my point but I dont think I really have to.

I am clearly not the only person who loves McAvoy, as not only does he consistently go rounds above Ekholm in these drafts, but the boards (NHL Dmen Rankings #28) ranked McAvoy as 11th best defenseman, and Ekholm has not yet cracked the top 27. While the main boards aren't the always greatest source, it furthers justifies the claim that McAvoy>>Ekholm.

Reactions: emptyNedder

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Uhh... not sure what to say to this.

My comment about McAvoy had nothing to do with playoffs to begin with, it was instead about McAvoy as a player in general. I honestly dont care if McAvoy has similar playoff numbers as Ekholm does (as 19/20 McAvoy doesnt really represent how good he is now), especially not +/- lol, and his regular season numbers speak for themselves.

McAvoy had a 54 DFF% (+3.9 relative), 51 CF% (+1.1 relative), where Ekholm had a 48.6 DFF% (-2.7 relative), 50 CF% (-1.1 relative). McAvoy has better FF%, GF%, exGF%, etc etc. I could throw in a bunch of charts and more advanced stats to prove my point but I dont think I really have to.

I am clearly not the only person who loves McAvoy, as not only does he consistently go rounds above Ekholm in these drafts, but the boards (NHL Dmen Rankings #28) ranked McAvoy as 11th best defenseman, and Ekholm has not yet cracked the top 27. While the main boards aren't the always greatest source, it furthers justifies the claim that McAvoy>>Ekholm.
Lots of valid points. I agree that McAvoy is better. But this game is premised on one 7-game series. Fans (main boards and others) all talk about "playoff hockey." Ekholm has repeatedly performed in those situations.
This argument holds for other players as well. E.G., while Johnny Gaudreau is easily the better player, I would take Reilly Smith for a series; Ehlers is >> than Beauvillier, but given their careers so far it is a close call for the playoffs.

Again, this game is about who wins a series, not who has a better season/career/future. That is what makes it enjoyable and makes people supporting their opinions challenging.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad