Fantasy Baseball

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
BleacherBred. Is there anyway to view team totals?

go to league home page and then there is a drop down menu by the standings, click that and then click head to head stats and you’ll have a handful of options from there

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
My totals are good but my H2H not soo much. I have the most HRs but I am 7-5 in that category. Just not a fan of it.

Me too. Doing really good in the Roto leagues but terrible in H2H. It’s still fun but like as you’ve said before, totals are a guarantee. Maybe more categories would help H2H, in a 15 x 15 Roto and it’s the most fun.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Me too. Doing really good in the Roto leagues but terrible in H2H. It’s still fun but like as you’ve said before, totals are a guarantee. Maybe more categories would help H2H, in a 15 x 15 Roto and it’s the most fun.
Exactly. For example. I am 7-5 in .OBP over the course of this season. I have the 2nd best OBP in our league, missing first by .2. #1 Fan of D-Backes has .22 OBP less than me and is 10-2 for that stat during the season.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The 1st place team in one league was after my Mondesi and Kimbrel all week, offers were weak at first, then he just kept upping the ante. Well, it’s Bogaerts and Corbin now. It’s a H2H points league, Bogaerts is ranked No. 6 and Mondesi is hurt...

upload_2019-7-18_16-31-4.gif

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I don’t know if anyone is actually interested in this crap but it’s July so whatever. The guy from the trade just messaged me:

Hey man! No bad blood here but that trade is crazy one sided.

I knew you were getting the better offer when I sent it and I was fine with that but with the injury I’m basically getting back nothing.

Especially for someone that’s having an MVP season like Xander

Just wanted to let you know that I’m going to message the chat to try and get people to vote

If it goes through, kudos to you for seizing the opportunity

Seems like a good guy, hope it goes through though. It’s too bad Mondesi got hurt because I love the deal regardless. It seems like the injury isn’t too serious though.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I had picked up Yordan really early and it looked like the Astros weren't going to call him up so I dropped him for someone else. Feels sooo bad man.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Does anyone here do a shallow(10-12 team) straight roto league? I used to be in 2 but I had a falling out with the guys that run them. I still prefer Roto to H2H, and I'm only going to be in one H2H league next year.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Does anyone here do a shallow(10-12 team) straight roto league? I used to be in 2 but I had a falling out with the guys that run them. I still prefer Roto to H2H, and I'm only going to be in one H2H league next year.

I joined one on Yahoo and it is awesome. 15 x 15 and the guys have been doing it for 5 years but opened it up to the public to fill a few spots. I’d suggest going that route.

The only downside is the nefarious stuff that can happen when everyone else knows each other. I’ve been in first most of the year but the guy in second had his brother trade him his best players in a lopsided trade. However, the last place guy was just as pissed about it as I was and we’d had dialogue all year in the chat. He approached me last night and basically let me pick a trade to make which I did. It was fair, but it should help me out a lot given that it filled a positional need. It’ll also improve his offense a lot and hopefully help him run down the cheater in some cats.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I joined one on Yahoo and it is awesome. 15 x 15 and the guys have been doing it for 5 years but opened it up to the public to fill a few spots. I’d suggest going that route.

The only downside is the nefarious stuff that can happen when everyone else knows each other. I’ve been in first most of the year but the guy in second had his brother trade him his best players in a lopsided trade. However, the last place guy was just as pissed about it as I was and we’d had dialogue all year in the chat. He approached me last night and basically let me pick a trade to make which I did. It was fair, but it should help me out a lot given that it filled a positional need.

How is that right/fair? These leagues allow shit like that? I'd be out of that league in a heartbeat, and filing a complaint with the fantasy platform for a refund. This is why all trades should go to a league vote, honestly.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
How is that right/fair? These leagues allow **** like that? I'd be out of that league in a heartbeat, and filing a complaint with the fantasy platform for a refund. This is why all trades should go to a league vote, honestly.

Yeah, he’s the commissioner too. So he just approved it before anyone could vote. I mean, am I just paranoid or is this horse shit:

Here it is:

Carlos Santana, Juan Soto, Trea Turner, Charlie Morton

for

Fernando Tatis, Shin-Soo Choo, Roberto Osuna, Jake Diekman

I just want to win at this point, but you’re right, I will file a complaint.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
How is that right/fair? These leagues allow **** like that? I'd be out of that league in a heartbeat, and filing a complaint with the fantasy platform for a refund. This is why all trades should go to a league vote, honestly.

I think league votes are very problematic. To me the only reason to veto a trade is collusion. And if there is collusion (which does seem like the case here) I'd kick those involved out or quit the league. My problem with league votes is everyone has different intensives for vetoing a trade. Some people are going to vote for what's in their best interest, so you end up with people vetoing fair trades because they might hurt their own team or just to screw with another owner.

I'm the comish in a keeper league I've been doing for 10+ years. Since it's a keeper league, you end up with a lot of deals at the deadline, with non playoff teams selling for better keepers or future draft picks. As long as I can see the case for why someone is making the trade, I allow it. I don't think it's my or anyone's place to judge what is a good move or bad move, as long as it's in good faith. A move everyone thinks is stupid at the time can end up being a great one. We've never had a vetoed trade. Of course, these are all guys that know each other have been in the league for 10+ years, so there's more accountability there than with some randoms online, so it's easier to monitor.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think league votes are very problematic. To me the only reason to veto a trade is collusion. And if there is collusion (which does seem like the case here) I'd kick those involved out or quit the league. My problem with league votes is everyone has different intensives for vetoing a trade. Some people are going to vote for what's in their best interest, so you end up with people vetoing fair trades because they might hurt their own team or just to screw with another owner.

I'm the comish in a keeper league I've been doing for 10+ years. Since it's a keeper league, you end up with a lot of deals at the deadline, with non playoff teams selling for better keepers or future draft picks. As long as I can see the case for why someone is making the trade, I allow it. I don't think it's my or anyone's place to judge what is a good move or bad move, as long as it's in good faith. A move everyone thinks is stupid at the time can end up being a great one. We've never had a vetoed trade. Of course, these are all guys that know each other have been in the league for 10+ years, so there's more accountability there than with some randoms online, so it's easier to monitor.

They're the best way to do things, so long as it's used properly. You can't veto just because you don't like a manager, or his team being improved. If a trade is fair, then it's fair. If there's collusion, then people can veto it. And it's pretty obvious when things get to be collusion. If 8 out of 12 teams think it's absolutely not a fair deal, then it should be veto'd, honestly.

Say in fantasy hockey, I try to trade a goalie - say Connor Helleybuck for Sidney Crosby. I have two great goalies already, and want to move my third good goalie for some offensive help. And I do it because the guy who has Sid has a terrible goalie group. That's not collusion, but I would expect that trade to be veto'd, and rightly so, because it's just not fair or right. I'm not one to sit and watch someone take advantage of someone else. Offer up a fair trade, or get it veto'd. You offer up trash, then you should expect it to be veto'd. Lopsided trades aren't right, even if they're not collusion. Try and make it close to fair value. I'm not opposed to one manager coming out on top of a trade a little bit, but I am opposed to one team taking obvious advantage of someone.

I think in a decade+ of fantasy sports, I've veto'd two trades ever... so it's not like it happens often. And I basically play all seasons, football, baseball, and hockey. One of those was last year, I believe, in a fantasy football league, and the trade was just gross for one person. It was like a #3/maybe borderline #2 receiver for a top 5 RB type of trade.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
They're the best way to do things, so long as it's used properly. You can't veto just because you don't like a manager, or his team being improved. If a trade is fair, then it's fair. If there's collusion, then people can veto it. And it's pretty obvious when things get to be collusion. If 8 out of 12 teams think it's absolutely not a fair deal, then it should be veto'd, honestly.

Say in fantasy hockey, I try to trade a goalie - say Connor Helleybuck for Sidney Crosby. I have two great goalies already, and want to move my third good goalie for some offensive help. And I do it because the guy who has Sid has a terrible goalie group. That's not collusion, but I would expect that trade to be veto'd, and rightly so, because it's just not fair or right. I'm not one to sit and watch someone take advantage of someone else. Offer up a fair trade, or get it veto'd. You offer up trash, then you should expect it to be veto'd. Lopsided trades aren't right, even if they're not collusion.

We are never going to agree on this, which is fine. But fundamentally, I don't think it's the leagues job to protect bad owners or bad moves. In your scenario, I might get rid of that owner in the off season if he/she has shown to just be in over their head. A trade that is lopsided one way at the time, might very well be looked at lopsided in later in the season.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
We are never going to agree on this, which is fine. But fundamentally, I don't think it's the leagues job to protect bad owners or bad moves. In your scenario, I might get rid of that owner in the off season if he/she has shown to just be in over their head. A trade that is lopsided one way at the time, might very well be looked at lopsided in later in the season.

It's also different depending on the types of leagues you're in. Year to year, I would look at a trade differently than a keeper league, etc. If someone is trading Harper for the #1 rated prospect in baseball, that trade would be fine in a keeper league. In a year to year league, if I'm getting Harper for Adam Eaton, that trade should be vetoed. And yes, I would also agree that a bad owner would then be removed from the league following the end of the season.

I can see both sides, honestly. On one hand, I agree, a bad owner shouldn't be rewarded/protected by the other managers, but at the same time, I feel like the league managers should have some say in something like that, when a trade is looked at to be disgustingly unfair, even if not collusion.

As I said, it's rare for trades to be vetoed in any of my leagues that I commish or play in. In over a decade of fantasy sports, I've only had two ever. So it's not like it's something that comes up a lot.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I wish Yahoo installed an algorithm that assessed the value of the players in a trade and the projected value going forward. It would display the fairness of a trade to the league and might even encourage more trades.

Better yet, an independent arbitrator on their side that reviewed trades.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I wish Yahoo installed an algorithm that assessed the value of the players in a trade and the projected value going forward. It would display the fairness of a trade to the league and might even encourage more trades.

Better yet, an independent arbitrator on their side that reviewed trades.

Pretty sure the first thing already exists. When you propose a trade, it gives out projected stats for the remaining season, projected points values for the remaining season, and how even of a trade it is, based upon those projections.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
That algorithm of projecting stats would have no use in my league where it's a keeper league and auction style; cellar dwellers trading expensive producers for cheap talent that they can keep next year simply does not compute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad