Fantasy Baseball Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
David Dahl got called up for the Rockies, I think he has a decent chance at being a difference maker in fantasy down the stretch. Not saying he'll be a top contributor, but a potential boost to the bottom of a lineup.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Depends how deep the league is and where (if anywhere) he winds up going by Monday.

I was offered him for Tony Watson (who I'm not going to move now straight up for Miller) in an 18 team dynasty with decent sized rosters.

I think I should try to trade Watson while he's the Bucs' closer. Just not for Miller now...

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
What do you guys think the value is of Velasquez? I've got some spare arms in a dynasty league. Could use an equally young/talented bat. The team he's on and the potential for an innings limit hurts this year. But can't argue the potential.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm thinking about offering Nolan Arenado + a closer for Chris Sale and Jon Lester in a one year league where I have an extra bench bat (and J.D. Martinez on the DL due to come off soon). Someone talk me out of it. I have Villar to move to third and Tulo on my bench to put at short.

I like playing H2H leagues with as many starting pitchers and as few bench bats as possible.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
In other news, I cut Puig from one of my dynasty teams this morning.

Edit: Just cut him in another one

Doubt you'll regret it.

Have you tried trading him before cutting him? I would've tried trading him to an amateur fantasy noob like Tootoo.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Doubt you'll regret it.

Have you tried trading him before cutting him? I would've tried trading him to an amateur fantasy noob like Tootoo.

Sounds like someone's on the verge of a matchup infraction.

:popcorn:

In the same vein, someone just dropped Carlos Gomez in my 20 team league.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
So I just noticed Dahl was still out there in one of my leagues is about to start an 8 game homestand so I grabbed him.

Had a rough month of July went from 2nd to 6th and clinging to the final playoff spot. My pitching has been injured/terrible and has been what killed me. I'm running away with my other league, but that just probably means I'll lose in the playoffs.

Here's my offense in the league I fell to 6th in:

C: Realmuto
1B: A-Gon
2B: Rendon
3B: Machado
SS: Bogaerts
OF: Harper
OF: Stanton
OF: Yelich
UTIL: Lindor
UTIL: Piscotty
BN: Dahl

I have Fernandez, Thor and Carlos Martinez as SP but all of my other SPs have been a revolving door.

This is year 3 of a partial keepers. My keepers where Harper, Stanton, Machado, Bogaerts and Fernandez. I also had Lindor, Piscotty, Yelich and Martinez last year and was able to get them again in the draft.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
What a week I'm having with pitching. Teheran to the DL, Salazar gets lit up and goes to the DL, Carrasco gets lit up, Volquez gets rocked. Finally I get a good start with Ian Kennedy and Soria promptly blows it.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Rebuilding a team and won't contend for 2-3 years. Points H2H league.

Essentially (ended up as a 3 way kind of) traded Goldy and Neil Walker for Manaea, Suarez, Shipley, Aaron Judge, Yasiel Puig.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
What a week I'm having with pitching. Teheran to the DL, Salazar gets lit up and goes to the DL, Carrasco gets lit up, Volquez gets rocked. Finally I get a good start with Ian Kennedy and Soria promptly blows it.
And Carlos Martinez gets blown up by the freaking Braves. Plz save me tmrw Carrasco

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I was in 16th place in my 20 team h2h league about 2 months ago. Took alot of work scouring the market and riding trends, but I'm up to 5th with the post-season in sight. I've never worked as hard before as I have in this massive league. It's been a fun challenge. Still on the fence if I want to do it again though.

Roster for funzies. H2h obp.

C- Nick Hundley
1b - Edwin Encarnacion
2b - Dustin Pedroia
3b - Eduardo Escobar
SS - Troy Tulowitzki
OF - Mookie Betts
OF - Nomar Mazara
OF - Kole Calhoun
UT - Devon Travis
UT - Denard Span
bn - Carlos Gomez
bn - Keon Broxton
DL - Matt Duffy

SP - Carlos Carrasco
SP - Aaron Sanchez
RP - Vince Velasquez
RP - Darren O'Day
P - Marcus Stroman
P - JA Happ
P - Sean Manaea
P - Dylan Bundy
bn - Drew Smyly
bn - Homer Bailey
bn - Chase Anderson
DL - Tyson Ross

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
How come you on the fence?

Love playing in the leagues where i know people. I get real competitive lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad