HF Habs: Fans unite. Optimism thread. No tank talk (no sTANK we want tha DRANK)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I don't think they have a Carolina/Ottawa streak in em, but once Drouin/Byron/Gally/Armia come back the team is going to move up the standings. I think they are scheduled around after the AS break (except maybe Gally ???).

Injuries screwed the team. Before Armia/BG went down we were 2nd behind BOS after going 3-1 on the WC trip.

If Armia and BG were healthy we win more of those 1 goal games we lost over the past 3 weeks. Those 2 would of scored 7-10 goals between the two of em.

This team isn't as bad as their record and the advanced stats have shown that. We were a top offensive team with a good PP. Problem is when you lose 4 of your big scorers your depth is really strained and the habs aren't good enough to surive that. They can get by with losing 2 guys but 4 of em was too much for the team.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I don't think they have a Carolina/Ottawa streak in em, but once Drouin/Byron/Gally/Armia come back the team is going to move up the standings. I think they are scheduled around after the AS break (except maybe Gally ???).

Injuries screwed the team. Before Armia/BG went down we were 2nd behind BOS after going 3-1 on the WC trip.

If Armia and BG were healthy we win more of those 1 goal games we lost over the past 3 weeks. Those 2 would of scored 7-10 goals between the two of em.

This team isn't as bad as their record and the advanced stats have shown that. We were a top offensive team with a good PP. Problem is when you lose 4 of your big scorers your depth is really strained and the habs aren't good enough to surive that. They can get by with losing 2 guys but 4 of em was too much for the team.

We lost 6 games in a row by one goal.

I personally think with the injuries this season is lost but the team is not as bad as its record.

I do hope we can come out of this season with a nice pick though.

Reactions: angusyoung

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
We lost 6 games in a row by one goal.

I personally think with the injuries this season is lost but the team is not as bad as its record.

I do hope we can come out of this season with a nice pick though.

exactly, 6 games by 1 goal. Put Gally and Armia on this team and those 6 losses turn into OT points or wins. Armia/Gally would of scored at least 6 goals between the 2 of them over those games.

And thats not even taking into account Drouin and Byron.

If all 4 were in the line up we 100% would of won most of those 1 goal games.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
exactly, 6 games by 1 goal. Put Gally and Armia on this team and those 6 losses turn into OT points or wins. Armia/Gally would of scored at least 6 goals between the 2 of them over those games.

Well I'm glad this thread exists so I don't have to get throttled for having the same opinion as you.

Reactions: scrubadam

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Well so far Kovy scored in OT to make us win, Lucic got dummied by Fleury and Marchand became the butt of the joke in a shootout.

giphy.gif

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

If....if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas. Go Habs.

Reactions: jaffy27

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I do prefer an open minded approach to being a fan during these times, as in appreciating the other aspects, like a big hit or a big win here and there, or, the young players.

But from a realistic stand point, it is over, you can hardly drop eight games in a row in today's NHL, let alone twice.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The GM does not want to win....last year he did nothing....Habs 2 biggest weaknesses last year PP and backup goalie...did not address either for 82 games...did not spend his cap space....this year....did not add size or scoring in the summer.....did not spend cap space...again.....Drouin gets injures replaces him with nobody....This buffoon GM has never tried to win for 8 straight years.....every other GM goes for it....Bergevin is the only GM who covets late 1st rounders.
What person on the NHL doesn’t want to win, like come on.....there’s not ONE person that’s associated with an NHL team that doesn’t want to win, let alone an ex player who’s now GM, like MT, be honest with yourself, this claim makes no sense, it’s illogical to think this as factual.

He acquired nothing of significance because those pieces cost real prospects, not 4th and 5th rounders.

it’s clear he’s got a plan and it’s to not sacrifice any real prospects for rental type players, and he’s held true to his word in that respect.

There was a deal on the table for Duchene, Aho and Gardiner, this is called trying to spend to the cap.....wether he can do it or not is up for another debate, but not his will to spend.

My problem with Bergy when it comes to UFA’s is he in my opinion lacks that closing the deal power, this is why I’d like to see him replaced, get someone who can.
A few shrewd deals and a few signings and we are in business, especially with Fleury, Suzuki having their game and Poehling and KK slowly getting their mojo back.

Romanov next then the season after it will be Caufield and Brook.....it’s looking good boys.

Reactions: angusyoung

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
CP with 2 good games in a row, did not happen very often this season, that's a positive.....yup there's hope, we need to get at least 5 pts before the break

GO:habsGO

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
When the team isn't doing great I find a player having a great season and stalk his statistics.

That player this year:. David Suzuki

I do exactly that too, I watch less games now but that's because of one reason, the NHL hasn't adapted properly to the phasing out of cable television. Specifically for Habs fans in Ontario, they have failed to offer a product that suits my viewing needs.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Now the question is : what would you offer to the team that has the first pick to put our hands on Lafrenière? Because Lafrenière IS what this team needs badly. An franchise forward and an offensive machine. Also a local boy in a draft that will take place in Montreal.

I know 1st overall picks are usually not traded, but I hope MB is proactive and make very interesting offers. I believe no Habs players are intouchable in a trade for Lafrenière, even Suzuki. I would personally try my best to keep Suzuki and Gallagher, but I have no hesitation about the others.

What if we offer : Habs 1st pick (depending on which pick it is), Kotkaniemi, Fleury, Ylonen and another 2nd round pick. Could it work?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Now the question is : what would you offer to the team that has the first pick to put our hands on Lafrenière? Because Lafrenière IS what this team needs badly. An franchise forward and an offensive machine. Also a local boy in a draft that will take place in Montreal.

I know 1st overall picks are usually not traded, but I hope MB is proactive and make very interesting offers. I believe no Habs players are intouchable in a trade for Lafrenière, even Suzuki. I would personally try my best to keep Suzuki and Gallagher, but I have no hesitation about the others.

What if we offer : Habs 1st pick (depending on which pick it is), Kotkaniemi, Fleury, Ylonen and another 2nd round pick. Could it work?
Depends where we are picking......outside the top ten, sure, but change Fleury for Brook

if we picking top 3, no way, I’m happy with Byfield and KK or KK and Stutzle.....Drysdale is good too.....I dunno lol

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I do prefer an open minded approach to being a fan during these times, as in appreciating the other aspects, like a big hit or a big win here and there, or, the young players.

But from a realistic stand point, it is over, you can hardly drop eight games in a row in today's NHL, let alone twice.
I've had an open minded approach for my entire life!!! What did that get me?!?!? DD as first line center and bargain bin teams :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad