HF Habs: Fans unite. Optimism thread. No tank talk (no sTANK we want tha DRANK)

HabsFather

Twitter: @HabsFather
Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
MOD: Guys, you have your rebuild thread. Go there if you want to discuss the tank/rebuild. You do not have to respond to this thread if you don't like it.

We have 47 points.
35 games left.
70 points left up for grabs

Are we really willing to give up?
We were near top of the division before the injuries. Once we get our horses back there's no reason we cannot be restored to greatness.

This is the thread of positivity.

We can do this boys!! Lets get in the playoffs. Lets bounce the leafs and bruins out. Thats our goal this season.
Go HABS GO
Ole ole ole oleeeee oleeee oleeeeeeee

Whose with me!?

Last edited by a moderator:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
May as well tank for a top 6 pick in a very deep draft. The team is still not ready, no point in "trying" to make the playoffs. Don't be fooled because of 2 wins vs a basement dweller and a bubble team with bad goaltending. They won a few games after last month's losing streak and people got excited again only to lose another 8 in a row.

I don't want to derail this too much but - outside of fans here disagreeing on whether we *should* tank or not - it's not that simple to actually tank.

Players/coaches will never loses on purpose. So you have to suck despite them wanting to win.
Price is a fantastic goalie (despite consistency issues this year) and is hard to tank with
Lots of really, really bad teams this year who there's almost no way we finish below (Detroit, Ottawa, NJ, LA, Anaheim, etc).
With lotto - true that we could get lucky - but flipside is even more likely - a team above us wins and passes us.

So basically - even if management adopted a "pro-tank" attitude unofficially - the most likely outcome still has us picking at the draft around 8-10th. Granted a top 10 pick is better than a ~13-14th pick - but the real value is in picking 1st overall, or top 2-3. There's no realistic way for us to get in the "very likely" territory of obtaining such a pick this season.

Reactions: jaffy27

HabsFather

Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
I don't want to derail this too much but - outside of fans here disagreeing on whether we *should* tank or not - it's not that simple to actually tank.

Players/coaches will never loses on purpose. So you have to suck despite them wanting to win.
Price is a fantastic goalie (despite consistency issues this year) and is hard to tank with
Lots of really, really bad teams this year who there's almost no way we finish below (Detroit, Ottawa, NJ, LA, Anaheim, etc).
With lotto - true that we could get lucky - but flipside is even more likely - a team above us wins and passes us.

So basically - even if management adopted a "pro-tank" attitude unofficially - the most likely outcome still has us picking at the draft around 8-10th. Granted a top 10 pick is better than a ~13-14th pick - but the real value is in picking 1st overall, or top 2-3. There's no realistic way for us to get in the "very likely" territory of obtaining such a pick this season.
Who would want a team of a quitting mentality?
Gallagher was probably told his whole life he would never make it due to his size, yet he plays big and doesn't quit.

This may not be the team we asked for but its the one we deserve. Its the one everyone has counted out everyone is yelling "sell sell sell". "Quit quit quit".

The boys will make it into the playoffs. They will prove the doubters, the so called experts wrong. They will revel in it.

Price will achieve saint hood this season he will ascend.

3 miracles are required.
#1 make the play offs.
#2 beat the bruins.
#3 win the cup

It has been revealed to me by the hockey Gods of olde.

You will miss this opportunity to be part of this historical run. It starts now. Get down or lay down

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I don't think any Habs fan should jump on another who wants to be positive. Leave them b! I get the frustration but taking it out on a fellow Habs fan or bringing your black cloud with you on every thread can be just as annoying as you think a positive fan is. Think of it two ways bud.

I don't find the positivity annoying, just mis-guided.

We all want "winning". Some are always rooting for the next game, which is fine. Others, just want a higher standard, even if there's short-term pain. Also fine.

This thread, OTOH, is pretty lame. Sorry. "ASSEMBLE"? c'mon. lol

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
We have 47 points.
35 games left.
70 points left up for grabs

Are we really willing to give up?
We were near top of the division before the injuries. Once we get our horses back there's no reason we cannot be restored to greatness.

This is the thread of positivity.

We can do this boys!! Lets get in the playoffs. Lets bounce the leafs and bruins out. Thats our goal this season.
Go HABS GO
Ole ole ole oleeeee oleeee oleeeeeeee

Whose with me!?
The GM does not want to win....last year he did nothing....Habs 2 biggest weaknesses last year PP and backup goalie...did not address either for 82 games...did not spend his cap space....this year....did not add size or scoring in the summer.....did not spend cap space...again.....Drouin gets injures replaces him with nobody....This buffoon GM has never tried to win for 8 straight years.....every other GM goes for it....Bergevin is the only GM who covets late 1st rounders.

HabsFather

Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
The GM does not want to win....last year he did nothing....Habs 2 biggest weaknesses last year PP and backup goalie...did not address either for 82 games...did not spend his cap space....this year....did not add size or scoring in the summer.....did not spend cap space...again.....Drouin gets injures replaces him with nobody....This buffoon GM has never tried to win for 8 straight years.....every other GM goes for it....Bergevin is the only GM who covets late 1st rounders.
Its out of Bergevins hands.
You dont seem like the gentlemen who would cry over spilled milk.
I get your frustration and its justified. But we move forward. Just like those kids playing their hearts out every night for us being told what everyone believes.
Carey Price will Ascend.
HABS will make the playoffs.
We will speak it into existance.
Join brother.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't find the positivity annoying, just mis-guided.

We all want "winning". Some are always rooting for the next game, which is fine. Others, just want a higher standard, even if there's short-term pain. Also fine.

This thread, OTOH, is pretty lame. Sorry. "ASSEMBLE"? c'mon. lol

If you don't like the show, don't mention it or drop by. It's like hanging out at the movies, not watching anything, and making fun of people as they walk in. What's the point?

Mis-guided fans? We have some but most who are not bandwagon fans knows hockey. I doubt we make the playoffs but we are 7 pts behind the Leafs and they have major injuries to deal with. Probability says we don't make the playoffs and if we do, we lose in the 1st round. But how would we feel if we were wrong about that and you jumped on other fans back calling them mis-guided all throughout the season? Might not bother you but it would bother me. It would be no different than what a Leafs fan says to us.

I have no problem with a positive thread for Habs fans on our boards. Sometimes the negativity grows too much and that can be lame too. Call it a safe space for them to talk and speak their mind without being jumped on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad